Borderlands 3 and Marvel Avengers Can't be Upgraded To PS5 PS Now?

Cryogenicide_X

So I just downloaded Marvel Avengers via PS Now and it states in the description that it can be upgraded for free to the PS5 version. Only thing is you can't, all because the game is via PS Now and it's the same thing for Borderlands 3 too. There's even an article here about it,

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/04/ps_nows_new_games_are_ps4_only_no_ps5_upgrade_path

Once again another bad desicion from Sony, I'm not surprised...

• Like 1

I actually quite enjoy my PS Now subscription and feel like I've gotten excellent value from the service, but Sony really needs to clean up all their services and offer a clear, good value to everyone. Right now they've got Plus, the Plus collection, and Now all offering overlapping games, which causes confusion and resentment from their subscribers.

• Like 4

This was ongoing in another thread somewhere and someone posted the sauce for the whole thing but the idea is that the games you get

'free' for PS4 titles - think PS+, PS Now, Play at home etc. are not upgradeable to next gen.

Then again I couldn't upgrade my physical PS4 copy of SP:MM to the PS5 so...

It's a weird thing - I'll try my luck on Far Cry 6 as the physical PS5 discs aren't even on sale in my country.

One thing we can all agree on is that the entire next-gen wave is going wobbly from Sony' side.

3 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

This was ongoing in another thread somewhere and someone posted the sauce for the whole thing but the idea is that the games you get

'free' for PS4 titles - think PS+, PS Now, Play at home etc. are not upgradeable to next gen.

Then again I couldn't upgrade my physical PS4 copy of SP:MM to the PS5 so...

It's a weird thing - I'll try my luck on Far Cry 6 as the physical PS5 discs aren't even on sale in my country.

One thing we can all agree on is that the entire next-gen wave is going wobbly from Sony' side.

I did check to see if someone else here posted about it and I couldn't see anything. 

Still wondering which is the public for psnow. I guess it's for people that don't purchase games, so it's fine renting those titles. Limited amount of titles, idk if it was better before. Playing with my bro online has been a nightmare. And I'm talking about a ps4 game, an Installed ps4 game. I guess i have to plat some point and click titles to enjoy the promo before ends.

On topic, not surprised that the titles are not upgraded for ps5.

Edited by GoldenShaka

There are no PS5 games on PS Now. It's not like Sony ever advertised it contained PS5 games and people bought in thinking they got them. This is a normal lazy-ass SNAFU where the PS Now description is borrowed from the PS Store description and no one bothered to fire their brain cells up to think about if that's the right call.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

There are no PS5 games on PS Now. It's not like Sony ever advertised it contained PS5 games.

This. Sony has yet to announce anything on PS5 as part of the PSNow lineup. Until that announcement is formally made, there should be no expectation of cross-generation games seeing their PS5 counterparts being added to the lineup.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ID_FRANCE said:

isn't it the case for the free PS+ digital version of FF7 Remake ?

it should be available for disc (paied) version only, isn't it ?

People who paid for the digital version get the upgrade as well.

1 hour ago, GoldenShaka said:

Playing with my bro online has been a nightmare. And I'm talking about a ps4 game, an Installed ps4 game.

What game are you playing? I play Broforce online without any problems. I've also had success playing some of the streamed PS3 games (Final Fight, Golden Axe, Altered Beast) online just fine. It probably varies from game to game and isn't a problem rooted in the Now service.

48 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I think the psnow and ps + versions are viewed the same way, ie licensed use through rental service. So the only way to get the free update is to have the paid license version (disc or digital).

16 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Playstation Now is a really lazy effort from Sony, that's why it isn't doing that good.

I thought with the PS5 coming out it would get revamped on there but no......

They need to merge it with plus or actually make big updates to it to make people want it.

Yeah I'm really getting annoyed by all these limited time additions. The Long Dark alone is not worth my 5$ a month. They should at least add a few permanent indies per month, like they used to.

2 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

What game are you playing? I play Broforce online without any problems. I've also had success playing some of the streamed PS3 games (Final Fight, Golden Axe, Altered Beast) online just fine. It probably varies from game to game and isn't a problem rooted in the Now service.

We're playing Dead nation Apocalypse edition. Trying to plat the game twice :)

• Like 1