Possible server shutdown (FC2)

HaserPL

As stated in this thread, 

there is a possibility that FC2 servers will become shutdown in less than 2 months. It is already confirmed that Ubisoft will shutdown Ghost Recon Future Soldier on PS3, so it is very likely FC2 can suffer the same fate. Go and boost these trophies ASAP! Will keep the post updated in case of official confirmation.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Some advice from someone that's boosted on Far Cry 2 for people attempting it:

- Keep an eye on the amount of XP you earn per match. If you go above a certain amount, it will not count.

- When you go for the War Party trophy, the game will usually crash after the end of the match once you get the trophy.

- Weapon manuals are some of the most annoying shit ever done. That will be 90% of your boosting.

- You can do max XP two ways - legit or the Warlord glitch.

- If you do Warlord glitch, wait until you get all the weapons done first. It is possible it will break the weapons manuals progress.

- You will hear the announcer's voice in your dreams by the time you are done.

I hate myself and want to do both FC2 and Ghost Recon before shutdown. Hopefully we have better luck with GR.

59 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

I hate myself and want to do both FC2 and Ghost Recon before shutdown. Hopefully we have better luck with GR.

in that case drop everything else and start doing them asap, they are not gonna be quick and painless.

3 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

in that case drop everything else and start doing them asap, they are not gonna be quick and painless.

That's the plan, trying to find boosting groups right now that i can slot into with my schedule.

1 minute ago, pot1414 said:

Do you know when Ghost Recon closes?I can't find a date.

Not sure either, probably best to just try to get it done ASAP, especially with the connectivity issues the game has.

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

- Keep an eye on the amount of XP you earn per match. If you go above a certain amount, it will not count.

This is surely true, the max amount of XPs that will correctly register are around 1,5k - 1,6k XPs, but my advice is to not care at all about that threshold and just farming kills, kills, kills.

I've boosted FC2 with 2 partners and our only worry was to do as many kills as we could in one match in order to speed up the process to unlock all field manuals.

Depending on which weapon we were using we were also able to end up with 150+ kills and 4000+ XPs.

After 4 games we simply restarted the lobby in order to avoid further glitched games that would have forced us to restart the lobby anyway but we would only lose the amount of XPs in excess (example: finishing a round with 4000 xps will result in losing the extra 2500 xps after restarting the lobby, but 1500xp per game will register with no issues).

Everything else you said is correct, even if I have to say FC2 is one of the most glitched/bugged games I played so far in fact while I was going to derank in order to finally perform Warlord glitch as my last mp trophy, the game froze for me while deranking and I was at level 4.

As soon as I restarted the game and connected to multiplayer I was level 30 and Warlord popped LMAO

Good luck to everyone that will boost this game but with a dedicated group it's perfectly doable in 7-10 days (took me around 85h of playing time but 1/3 of the total was actually afking while the other 2 partners were getting kills/revives, unless you're lucky to have multiple consoles in that case this should be even quicker).

EDIT: I would actually encourage to perform Warlord Glitch as first trophy in order to avoid unnecessary stress with diamonds, losing precious XPS etc.

After you have that trophy you don't have to worry about diamonds and can place all of them at once.

Edited by Agent_Renegade22
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Monkey-Hands said:

isn‘t this pc only???

2-BA62127-C245-48-E2-8-C48-D7-A202-B75-B

if I would take this literally then it would be the polar opposite of the one stated in the known upcoming shutdown thread.

As this defines FC2 not shutting and furthermore ghost recon future soldier not shutting while that one did had PS3 along the name.

truth be told, customer support sucks at knowing what is actually shutting down.

3 hours ago, POEman553 said:

- You will hear the announcer's voice in your dreams by the time you are done.

I still have PTSD from Crysis 2... GET THAT RELAY!

Edited by Afro_Gear
  • Like 4

Ok, here's my two cents on what's up:

- It is very unlikely that Ubi will be pulling support at this time on PS3 since they specifically specified PC on their server closure list. 

- this list has been accurate as far as I know in the past. 

- We are very lucky that the servers are still up from 2008. (telling myself) Anything can happen, so Get to it now!!

Edited by Afro_Gear

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Far Cry 2 is announced to shut on PC (but it's advised to do it on PS3 anyway)

Ghost Recon Future Soldier is announced to be shutting on PS3 at a unspecified date.

It's really not rocket science.

Thank you but I am not thankful.