Stormy Ascent Disappointingly Easy....Venting

GodKaio-Ken

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Fair enough - I can't agree that I think it would amount to harassment, but if you really believed it, then you were right to do it, I guess. :dunno:

I've never used the term 'Snowflake' in my life, and I certainly won't be starting now! ?

I wouldn't worry about pulling this thread off-topic - it's nothing but a painfully obvious dick-swinging humble-brag - us having a genuine conversation about anything is of more value than keeping this one 'on-topic' ?

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Fair enough - I can't agree that I think it would amount to harassment, but if you really believed it, then you were right to do it, I guess. :dunno:

I've never used the term 'Snowflake' in my life, and I certainly won't be starting now! ?

I wouldn't worry about pulling this thread off-topic - it's nothing but a painfully obvious dick-swinging humble-brag - us having a genuine conversation about anything is of more value than keeping this one 'on-topic' ?

Its really not a brag. Other levels took me longer than I'd like to admit. The High Road took me like 12 hours of gameplay to 100% before I learned how to jump the gaps using the ropes. 

I'm not bragging about being some godly gamer. I'm literally asking if others though the level was way overhyped in difficulty. 

Everyone finds different types of levels difficult. I happened to be underwhelmed by this one and wanted other gamers opinions. 

Is this entire forum so quick to jump to pointing fingers? I'm not here to pad my ego. 

• Like 2

As someone who had more or less hard time getting the gem and gold relic, it feels like this thread (particularly the OP post) is nothing but a slap in the face. I get that it's his opinion, but when you put it "ridiculously easy", that goes too far. It just isn't right.

While I'm at it, if you think Stormy Ascent was easy, try the modded version of it (Stormy Descent). If you think that one easy as well, then I don't know what else to say.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GodKaio-Ken said:

I truly apologize if the tone or content came off wrong.

I don't think being better or worse at a specific level means a person is better or worse at the game. 

For most of the rotating platforms you can do a count that aligns them in a specific way for you that makes dying on them near impossible once you recognize the timing. 

A lot if levels are that way, but I personally had a much harder time with The High Road and Fumbling In The Dark. 

Heck The High Road literally took me 12 hours of playing to get the gem and relic. If I was flexing or slapping you in the face I wouldn't to that. 

I'm not the ultimate Crash player nor do I want to pass myself off as that. I just genuinely thought the level was easier than advertised, which disappointed me because I love Crash 1 and wanted a final challenge that would really put everything to the test before I started Crash 2. 

Again, apologies if it came off wrong. Its really not a flex or slap. 

Don't worry mate - the tone may have come off as condescending, but tone is a tough thing in a text-only format. I haven't even played the game, and even I know Stormy Ascent gave a lot of people a lot of trouble

If the topic had been titled something more along the lines of "Anyone else have more trouble with earlier levels than Stormy Ascent?", I reckon you would have got a much closer conversation to the one I think you were aiming at :dunno:

Neverleless, you got a wee bit of ribbing - nothing more ?

We've all been there - trust me ;)

Edited by DrBloodmoney

Nope. I'm not ashamed to admit that this level took me about 10 lengthy true crime podcasts to get through. :P 

I skipped getting gold on the High Road since I could get 100% from doing this one instead, so I can't say for sure which of the two is easier. Fumbling in the Dark was a pain, but I had an easier time with it than Stormy.

51 minutes ago, MrGarland said:

As someone who had more or less hard time getting the gem and gold relic, it feels like this thread (particularly the OP post) is nothing but a slap in the face. I get that it's his opinion, but when you put it "ridiculously easy", that goes too far. It just isn't right.

Shame on the OP for finding something easy you had a hard time with. How dare he! 

There is nothing wrong with his post. He is just asking if anyone else thought this was easier than expected. The fact that he needs to defend himself here is ridiculous.

I thought it was easy too. 

wNpTDma.gif

• Like 3

When I first played this level with my brothers, it took us a couple of hours and almost all of our 99 lives, and when I finally managed to get the gold relic several months later, I was quite happy. Last year I played through the original trilogy again and thought it was not that hard (but I also skipped the relics in the first two games). Then came Crash 4 and now I wish I could go back to the previous games which in comparison feel rather trivial ?

On 13/04/2021 at 4:30 PM, GodKaio-Ken said:

I thought this level was going to be hard but it turned out ridiculously easy to complete the gold time trial and all crates.

I thought at least the relic would be difficult, but although the platforms look intimidating they are really really easy to time. 

After playing each section of the level once it was so damn easy to not die in that section, and 4:30 is enough time to sit around and wait if platforms aren't the way you want. 

I would rank this as probably the 5th or 6th most difficult level in the game at best and that REALLY disappointed me because I wanted a final challenge. 

Anyone else think this level is way overhyped. 

Damn man, that’s crazy, but I don’t remember asking Skull.gif

Hey look everyone, I’m good at this game therefore its difficulty was overhyped! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Damn man, that’s crazy, but I don’t remember asking Skull.gif

Hey look everyone, I’m good at this game therefore its difficulty was overhyped! 

I believe that the general difficulty of crash 1 has been overhyped, maybe not just crash 1 but the whole trilogy. but this is explained by the fact that a huge part of the players never played the originals (which is not a problem) but, in fact, treating the expected difficulty of crash 1 as something new and surprising was pathetic lol. it is as if many people expected an easy and underestimated game, since it was always a challenging platform but they did not know it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Right, so I desperately wish that this level was disappointingly easy. To get all boxes probably took close to 200 lives. I know for a fact it took over 100 since I got a game over screen after starting with 99 lives and only God knows how many times I died in the bonus level but at least you had checkpoints. The time trial though, God this frickin' time trial! ? 

I have been trying to get this trial beat for probably 10 hours now. The High Road gets a lot of flack but at least it is a short level. I didn't mind doing it over and over since it is so short but Stormy Ascent just keeps going and going. I have only made it to the final stretch 2 maybe 3 times in twice the time it took me to get the Gold relic for the High Road. I skipped Sunset Vista because it was another marathon level and I knew I needed Stormy Ascent time trial for 100% so screw doing 2 more long ass levels. 

I just want to be done with this game so I never have to look at it again! ? ? Maybe after this venting I will finally surmount this levels damn trial. 

• 2 months later...

I wish I had realized earlier that I could have skipped either Sunset Vista or High Road (not that there weren’t plenty of other candidates) because Stormy Ascent counts as extra credit toward the gold relic trophy ?‍♂️ After getting the gold relic in High Road I flipped off at the screen ? and remembered there is such a thing as a platinum relic, but I knew there is surely no way to beat that level any faster than I just did (and yet there is somehow is I guess, Caddicarus did it?)

Crash 4 could be a hard pass for me if most or all levels exceed 4 minutes in duration for the time trials. That’s when my nerves spring ?‍♂️ 
Oh yeah, Stormy Ascent is not easy. No way. Not in anyone’s world.

• 1 year later...

I just finished the gold relic on this level yesterday and it was hands down the worst level in this Crash game. Made me question why I even thought to start the DLC. That stupid sexy 100% is to blame.