Trophies for Mental Health (Event)

@Ellie-nyan the badges are amazing, great job! @Beyondthegrave07 thank you for hosting this event, been a while since I participated in one here, and this cause made me come back to this. As my girlfriend was recently diagnosed with a depression, I realize from a different point of view the importance it has that people are aware of meant health problems.

I'll be attentive to the next event hosted by you!

Thank you both for the amazing job!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Im2Fast_4U said:
  • Would you like to see more events on PSNP like this? 
  • What are ways we could improve this event next year (assuming I run it)?
  • If you said "yes" to the first question, what are some ideas for similar events you'd like to see? Here are some ideas I've been playing around with.
    1. Have an event around Christmas to donate money to a nearby homeless shelter, toys for tots, other charitable foundations
    2. Perhaps maybe one for a donation to an animal shelter? (I would really need help fleshing this one out, lol)
    3. Cancer or other diseases?

1: Definitely. I have mental illness(severe autism that makes me unwilling to do anything physical active) so having charity events is always good.

2: I am dry on ideas on improving this event. It's very simple and easy to read so I doubt anything I could say would improve on it. :)
3: Summer Games Done Quick 2021 Online is coming up in July, where people speedrun games for charity(namely, Doctors Without Borders, a global medical organization that helps third-world countries who cannot afford normal medical care). I'd like to see an event where we flood that event with donations with messages declaring that PSNProfiles.com supports Summer Games Done Quick so we can get at least one of our donations read on the stream. Maybe have an event where you have to platinum a game with a speedrun trophy since the organzation, Games Done Quick, is all speedrunning. ;)

Of course, any of your suggestions is fully approved by me. I adopted my current pet from a cat shelter as a kitten, I always try to ensure that the poor have a happy holidays, and helping the medical community is always great. (Games Done Quick has a January event called Awesome Games Done Quick that supports the Prevent Cancer Foundation.)

Shame I missed this event. I would have played Persona 5 Royal for a badge. :(

Edited by winter_bird_22
  • Like 2

On 6/5/2021 at 1:12 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

1. Would you like to see more events on PSNP like this? 
  2. What are ways we could improve this event next year (assuming I run it)?
  3. If you said "yes" to the first question, what are some ideas for similar events you'd like to see? Here are some ideas I've been playing around with.
    1. Have an event around Christmas to donate money to a nearby homeless shelter, toys for tots, other charitable foundations
    2. Perhaps maybe one for a donation to an animal shelter? (I would really need help fleshing this one out, lol)
    3. Cancer or other diseases?

I love the badges!!! Great work! 

As for the questions:

1) Yes

2) I think it was done pretty much perfectly as-is! 

3) Would love to see one for an animal charity of some kind, and would also love to see one (not this year because we’re already in the middle of it) for Pride Month benifiting an LGBTQ+ charity. I’ve seen several other great ideas here too! 

• Like 3

I've been thinking more about events like this that I think would be a good idea, and I think that an event that revolves around a charity that goes to ocean conservation might be a great idea. It would be a perfect summer event, maybe the participants could play games that include a beach or the ocean itself (Subnautica being the obvious choice), and with the state of the oceans being as it is I think something related to conservation of them would definitely be something I would participate in :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...