Ghost Recon Future Soldier Online Is Shutting Down October 1, 2022

Over on the "Known Upcoming Server Shutdowns" forum, it was reported in April via a Ubisoft Master Shutdown List that Ghost Recon Future Soldier would shutdown their servers in 2021.  There was no specific date other than "2021" listed, however, it did list it was going to shutdown the servers for PS3, among other platforms.

In the forums within the past week or so, someone listed the same Ubisoft Master Shutdown List but this time GRFS was no longer on the list for server shutdown.  Here's the link provided: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1241617-Online-Services-Update-Masterlist-Forums

Question: Is there any known confirmation that exists indicating from Ubisoft that GRFS is, or is not, shutting down on PS3?  

Based on the updated listed with GRFS omitted, it looks like the servers are NOT shutting down as originally planned but the game is so old now that I'm wondering if there's just an omission error in the master list or if they've actually decided to keep the already terrible servers going indefinitely for the game.

EDIT: Confirmed by Ubisoft that Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier will be shutting down on October 1, 2022.  

Edited by Paperclip1776
Game Update
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

If you are reading this and thinking about giving the online trophies a try, I must warn you that it is probably not worth your time. The server connection is absolute garbage, the worst I have seen in my life. There are some players you will never be able to join. You will have to find 7 other players for the multiplayer modes as it is not possible to start with less. If you created a lobby it will take 5 minutes until the connection is lost so you will have to get everyone in quick. The friend challenge trophies need to be done with care or it might get too difficult and you will have to delete and add friends again to reset it.

If you have any other game on your list do that instead. I wasted many hours and we weren't even able to start a match

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 2:21 AM, bayabug said:

If you are reading this and thinking about giving the online trophies a try, I must warn you that it is probably not worth your time. The server connection is absolute garbage, the worst I have seen in my life. There are some players you will never be able to join. You will have to find 7 other players for the multiplayer modes as it is not possible to start with less. If you created a lobby it will take 5 minutes until the connection is lost so you will have to get everyone in quick. The friend challenge trophies need to be done with care or it might get too difficult and you will have to delete and add friends again to reset it.

If you have any other game on your list do that instead. I wasted many hours and we weren't even able to start a match

You need a NAT 1 connection to host a game in Squads. It's the easiest way to boost this game. I have done it many times now for groups. The servers are very stable. But yes it might go down any day now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today on December 29, players who try to connect to multiplayer will receive a pop up alert saying, ''The Ubisoft service is not available at this time." Ubi has not yet officially commented about this. We don't know if this issue is temporary or if the servers are gone away once and for all. I've sent a message to official Ubi support account on twitter and in the forum. If i get answered I'll update it here.

I'd treat the game as shutdown anyway, the servers are so horribly broken that the entire boost was a fucking pain a few months ago. Trophies took around 10 hours to get for the three of us each with two consoles, but the entire boost took us around 35/40 hours of sitting in the lobby and trying to connect with each other.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, BassTekker said:

Hello
Does the multiplayer still work?

People are still regularly earning the multiplayer trophies:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1451-tom-clancys-ghost-recon-future-soldier/17-battle-buddies

To answer the original question, no, they didn’t shut this one down. Ubisoft has stuck very closely to the page linked in the first post and generally announces shutdowns significantly ahead of time. Any information that contradicts the page linked is the thing that should be scrutinized heavily. 

• 2 months later...