What changes would you like to see?

Jinxcendant-XIII

Sorry if there is already a thread about this I couldn't see it, just curios I would change the following 

1) Change the type of round on perfect match from logic to survival 

2) Make all levels playable in squads, there's no reason why they can't make all levels work in this mode 

3) Make royal fumble appear more frequently when there is less than 10 people for the final round

4) Change the type of round on ski fall from race to hunt 

5) Change Slime climb & slimescraper from races to survival rounds

6) Adding a stats screen to see how many times we come first in rounds (including finals) 

7) Adding some flippers & fans to team tail tag as it's pretty dull 

8) There shouldn't be a limit of the amount of people being eliminated in big shots, a countdown clock is enough

9) Change the pictures of the rounds that the game launched with as they are outdated early beta designs as they don't represent the current designs 

I'm sure I'll think of more and these suggestions are IMO of course 

Edited by Jinxcendant-XIII

I'm mostly fine the way the game is now, I don't feel like it really needs a lot of changes.

But if I have to say something:

1) As I said in another thread, I would redesign the Tail levels: the tails should be hidden somewhere in the level, players should find them, and the winners are the players who keep the tail longer, not the ones who have it when the time expires. The way tails level are designed now is still fine now, but I feel they make more sense the way I think they should be.

2) I would erase the standard Perfect Match: it makes no sense to exist, considering that there is the much harder version with the spinner, it just feels lame in comparison. Just make two variants, one with just one beam, and one with two: no spinner at all makes no sense.

3) I would eventually stop to add further levels and variations: I feel like there are already too many of them, and as they keep being released, they become rarer and rarer to appear. I mean, I really enjoy the Slimescraper, but did we really need low gravity Hexagone and Thin Ice? Obviously, no. Without considering that the recently released Basketfall and Power Trip are really unpopular among the Fall Guys community. I hope the devs will eventually realize when enough is enough.

4) And about point 3, I really hope they do not release further race finals, such as Fall Mountain. Due to the weird in game physics and to the advantage/disadvantage players have according to the starting positions, I believe races are not designed to be finals. In fact, everytime I play for 20 minutes to reach the finals only for it to be Fall "RNG" Mountain, I just tear off my hair.

• Like 1

1) Stats/Costume slots. Both are some QoL things that I can't believe aren't in the game already. It would be nice to know how many wins I have or how many rounds I've qualified from. It would also be nice to be able to change into another different outfit without changing everything each time. At the moment, I'm Bomberman but if I want to go back to the builder bean, I have to re-select everything.

2) Change it so that the scoring in Squads to be weighted if a team member leaves. There's some rounds that, if you go into it with less than 4 people, it's tricky to claw it back into a pass. In fact, if one person quits, you may as well all quit as rather than trying to eek out a qualify, it's quicker to just jump into another game. Yeah, the exp/rewards are forfeited but that's only a factor if you haven't levelled up the battle pass. 

3) Adding a non-team option. Nothing is more disheartening than doing really well in individual rounds and then getting lumped in Tail Tag, Jinxed or Egg Scramble. Wouldn't necessarily work well with squads mode but for the standard show, I'd play non-team over regular.

4) Mixing up/throwing in more obstacles to some of the rounds that people have developed tactics for. Giving an example, Hex-A-Gone often turns into a slow paced jump, wait, jump, wait sort of game. Having a couple of spinners or fruit shooters makes it a faster paced game. Also things like putting a bouncer on top of the spinner in the Perfect Match variant so people can't cheese it by climbing up there. The cone in theory should do it but I've seen people spend the entire round up there.

• Like 1

On 05/06/2021 at 1:48 PM, KenjiCBZ said:

I'm mostly fine the way the game is now, I don't feel like it really needs a lot of changes.

But if I have to say something:

1) As I said in another thread, I would redesign the Tail levels: the tails should be hidden somewhere in the level, players should find them, and the winners are the players who keep the tail longer, not the ones who have it when the time expires. The way tails level are designed now is still fine now, but I feel they make more sense the way I think they should be.

2) I would erase the standard Perfect Match: it makes no sense to exist, considering that there is the much harder version with the spinner, it just feels lame in comparison. Just make two variants, one with just one beam, and one with two: no spinner at all makes no sense.

3) I would eventually stop to add further levels and variations: I feel like there are already too many of them, and as they keep being released, they become rarer and rarer to appear. I mean, I really enjoy the Slimescraper, but did we really need low gravity Hexagone and Thin Ice? Obviously, no. Without considering that the recently released Basketfall and Power Trip are really unpopular among the Fall Guys community. I hope the devs will eventually realize when enough is enough.

4) And about point 3, I really hope they do not release further race finals, such as Fall Mountain. Due to the weird in game physics and to the advantage/disadvantage players have according to the starting positions, I believe races are not designed to be finals. In fact, everytime I play for 20 minutes to reach the finals only for it to be Fall "RNG" Mountain, I just tear off my hair.

Agree with tail tag as it's a quite boring game so them adding this idea would really make it more bearable maybe a few flippers and fans like I mentioned as well, I do think they should stop adding variations especially fans as they are over used but when they stop adding new levels, I can't see them releasing anymore race finals as fall mountain is unpopular.

On 05/06/2021 at 11:39 PM, AgentSmiz said:

1) Stats/Costume slots. Both are some QoL things that I can't believe aren't in the game already. It would be nice to know how many wins I have or how many rounds I've qualified from. It would also be nice to be able to change into another different outfit without changing everything each time. At the moment, I'm Bomberman but if I want to go back to the builder bean, I have to re-select everything.

2) Change it so that the scoring in Squads to be weighted if a team member leaves. There's some rounds that, if you go into it with less than 4 people, it's tricky to claw it back into a pass. In fact, if one person quits, you may as well all quit as rather than trying to eek out a qualify, it's quicker to just jump into another game. Yeah, the exp/rewards are forfeited but that's only a factor if you haven't levelled up the battle pass. 

3) Adding a non-team option. Nothing is more disheartening than doing really well in individual rounds and then getting lumped in Tail Tag, Jinxed or Egg Scramble. Wouldn't necessarily work well with squads mode but for the standard show, I'd play non-team over regular.

4) Mixing up/throwing in more obstacles to some of the rounds that people have developed tactics for. Giving an example, Hex-A-Gone often turns into a slow paced jump, wait, jump, wait sort of game. Having a couple of spinners or fruit shooters makes it a faster paced game. Also things like putting a bouncer on top of the spinner in the Perfect Match variant so people can't cheese it by climbing up there. The cone in theory should do it but I've seen people spend the entire round up there.

I’m with you completely on number 2. It’s so frustrating to get 2 or 3 rounds in and then lose a squad member. Only once did I manage to win a game after losing a squad person, and on the last round before the final, we had to finish the race 1, 2, and 3 over the line just to qualify. They need to better balance the points somehow. 

Probably massively unpopular opinion on here, but I’d like to see some DLC trophies added! 

Also Big Shots needs to be made more difficult in some way. It’s a pretty pointless round that seems to go on forever. Fruit Chute needs to be more forgiving when you first drop onto the conveyor. It should allow at least one hit without insta-dying. 

44 minutes ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Agree with tail tag as it's a quite boring game so them adding this idea would really make it more bearable maybe a few flippers and fans like I mentioned as well, I do think they should stop adding variations especially fans as they are over used but when they stop adding new levels, I can't see them releasing anymore race finals as fall mountain is unpopular.

Fall Mountain is actually polarazing. There are people who believe it's 95% luck based and it is a waste of time to play, as well as people who love it and say that it's mostly skill based.

(I'm part of the first group, I just HATE it ?)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Fall Mountain is actually polarazing. There are people who believe it's 95% luck based and it is a waste of time to play, as well as people who love it and say that it's mostly skill based.

(I'm part of the first group, I just HATE it 1f62c.png)

At least its over quickly 

Agreed on changing Tail Tag. It should be about who has the tail the longest. Also support the idea of the permanent Perfect Memory with a spinner. And yes to adding DLC Trophies. 

If you add some kind of stats, I would only like to see the Trophy progress. We have all seen the weekly leaderboard where people were chasing the records to get 250-300 in a week.

4 hours ago, ConAir said:

If you add some kind of stats, I would only like to see the Trophy progress. We have all seen the weekly leaderboard where people were chasing the records to get 250-300 in a week.

100% this, a progress or stats screen keeping a log of your activites

Agreed on Perfect Match with the spinner, you have to actually step on the right fruit tile for it to count, otherwise you must be eliminated.

A stats tracking feature so that you can know how many episode wins, 1st placed, purchased items you have.

No lagging and disconnections. At least the former since it's unfair when someone who isn't close to you steals your tail. 

New maps. I want to see a Cannon Guys map, a Spelunker map, etc.

Mediatonic already said that they will not ever put the Stats in the game, because if they put them, hardcore gamers will show up and ruin the game with their attitude and they do not want that. They want this game to be Casual and Fun for Everyone (they said this on Twitter, there's a topic somewhere where their statement is quoted or cited in a post).

Two things would be great:

- Penalize players who leave the games while you are playing squad games. It is really annoying when you get to the next stage and discover that only 3 players are remaining, in such case you are almost sure to lose the stage.

- Being able, with the pad, to see the leaderboard in live when playing squad games.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I only play occasionally as win trophies are the only trophies really left of note. But I do wish they added stats so I know how close I am to 50 purchased items and what my win count is. I would like a leader or score board to see who is in the lead/ finish positions during a match so I can check it while waiting for a round to end. Also, if they made squad goals unlockable in squad games mode while not actually being in a squad. 

• Like 2

On 6/9/2021 at 3:29 AM, FebuKev said:

Two things would be great:

- Penalize players who leave the games while you are playing squad games. It is really annoying when you get to the next stage and discover that only 3 players are remaining, in such case you are almost sure to lose the stage.

- Being able, with the pad, to see the leaderboard in live when playing squad games.

i agree, maybe a sit out penalty.

Twice recently, I made it to the final Hex-a-gone with a 3 person team left so it is possible but obviously harder.  In both cases, I was watching a teammate still in it when the game ended.  It showed the other team on the podium earning the crown.  So weird.

I think it was a tie, perhaps I got credit for the episode win.  Who knows.  Ridiculous that you can’t check your OWN stats.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Make bigger maps for 80 and 100 players and let qualify more people in early games.
2) Reset the fall/bounce physics and eliminate the grab feature, it's just annoying af, especially when you're jumping and somebody try to grab you and put you down.
3) Make some race games more open for winning.

4) Skyline Stumble is broken in the end (flipper physics). And side ways are way too slow to reach the peak.
5) Eliminate some levels like Pegwin Pool Party, Button Bashers, the Zero-gravity versions of Hexagone and Thin Ice, Wall Guys.

6) The Slimescraper (Season 4) is frustrating as hell. Should be eased a bit at least.
7) Finals are getting worse and worse season after season. It's based mostly on luck and no real skills. I'd suggest to redo all of them from scratch.

8) Netcode is causing a lot of laggy troubles (eg. when catching the tail or jumping basically)
9) Add more costumes in a day, sometimes I see only 1 or 2 pieces.
10) Pull down costumes and things prices. Some are way too high.
11) More variety in raffling maps. After 2/3 plays, you clearly see maps choices are scripted.

12) Leave squad teams/trios/duos etc. forever, and no time offered.
13) Make Infallible trophy easier, ffs. It's just impossible now to do legit.