Assassin's Creed Valhalla Will Be Getting More DLC For Year Two

I heard a lot of bad things about this game. I’m around 50 hours in Assassins Creed Odyssey. I appreciate the lore, the setting, the history, the monuments and so forth. But it is literally filled to the brim with mostly forgettable side quests and a ton of padding. 

I can’t say I really like either Alexios or Kassandra. I think Bayek from Origins was a lot more interesting. Don’t get me started on the present day storyline. It serves no real point, and every time I’m forced into the present day I just go back to the Animus as soon as I can. 

Ubisoft went a step too far in the RPG system they’ve locked themselves into. Past Assassin’s Creed games had far less padding with more memorable characters. Here in Odyssey I’m just going from location to location ticking them off one by one. Roughly 90 percent of locations are the same military camps and areas over and over, that all look the same. 

In Valhalla I hear you have to complete all territories in the base game but also in the DLC. Knowing the size of it, I’m in no hurry to get to this game. It just looks like a massive borefest.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

I shook my head when I heard this.

In my opinion this has been the worst Assassin's Creed game in terms of gameplay and platinum. Everything was bloated and everything felt it was tacked on to pad runtime, not to enhance or evolve the story. Every door was an unnecessary puzzle. The combat and free running was a downgrade. (Don't know why they got rid of the run up and run down mechanic). The first DLC fixed some of these issues, and I'll have to see about Siege of Paris.

But as of right now, I'm not looking forward to this at all.

100% this. You have to waste so much time collecting useless collectibles. I loved 100% ing  odyssey and origins but not looking forward to Valhalla DLC.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

I shook my head when I heard this.

In my opinion this has been the worst Assassin's Creed game in terms of gameplay and platinum. Everything was bloated and everything felt it was tacked on to pad runtime, not to enhance or evolve the story. Every door was an unnecessary puzzle. The combat and free running was a downgrade. (Don't know why they got rid of the run up and run down mechanic). The first DLC fixed some of these issues, and I'll have to see about Siege of Paris.

But as of right now, I'm not looking forward to this at all.

I stop playing because of these and hope to return when my mood is right. everything is so bloat and boring to do. I really hate all boring door puzzle they included and they actively try patching all puzzle exploit they can for some reason.

For free running I have to adjust so many of the control so it works like the previous title.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-34169-assassins-creed-valhalla-will-be-getting-more-dlc-for-year-two-the-siege-of-paris-dlc-unveiled.html

So do you think there will be Season Pass 2 a la Borderlands 3? Are they going to not release a new title next year if they're doing more expansions? 

No,all content are included at season pass 

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

I heard a lot of bad things about this game. I’m around 50 hours in Assassins Creed Odyssey. I appreciate the lore, the setting, the history, the monuments and so forth. But it is literally filled to the brim with mostly forgettable side quests and a ton of padding. 

I can’t say I really like either Alexios or Kassandra. I think Bayek from Origins was a lot more interesting. Don’t get me started on the present day storyline. It serves no real point, and every time I’m forced into the present day I just go back to the Animus as soon as I can. 

Ubisoft went a step too far in the RPG system they’ve locked themselves into. Past Assassin’s Creed games had far less padding with more memorable characters. Here in Odyssey I’m just going from location to location ticking them off one by one. Roughly 90 percent of locations are the same military camps and areas over and over, that all look the same. 

In Valhalla I hear you have to complete all territories in the base game but also in the DLC. Knowing the size of it, I’m in no hurry to get to this game. It just looks like a massive borefest.

In dlc the complete territories is very easy compared in the base game,there arent misteries like pig matilda or the misteries in lunden buggy as hell so dont worry because the territories in dlc are very easy

1 minute ago, locoporkko said:

Assassins creed not,always all content are include in season pass and another free content like discovery tour 

I'm sorry, what?

Discovery Tour I get will be free, and they will release other free content along the way. But I thought you meant the Year 2 Content that they teased in the UbiFoward event.

If they supported Valhalla in 2021-2022, I'm assuming if they made expansions like Curse of the Druids and The Siege of Paris they release another season pass. They've done it in the past with Tom Clancy titles. They've never had to do it with an Assassin's Creed title because they've never supported the title into its second year.

1 minute ago, BestUsername---- said:

¿Disculpa que?

El Discovery Tour que obtengo será gratuito y lanzarán otro contenido gratuito en el camino. Pero pensé que te referías al contenido del año 2 que se burlaron en el evento UbiFoward.

Si apoyaron a Valhalla en 2021-2022, supongo que si hicieron expansiones como Curse of the Druids y The Siege of Paris, lanzarán otro pase de temporada. Lo han hecho en el pasado con títulos de Tom Clancy. Nunca han tenido que hacerlo con un título de Assassin's Creed porque nunca han apoyado el título en su segundo año.

Dont worry mate,ac never have two season pass and the two tom clancy that i play ghost recon wildlands and breakpoint same,all dlc trophies are included in season pass 

11 minutes ago, locoporkko said:

Dont worry mate,ac never have two season pass and the two tom clancy that i play ghost recon wildlands and breakpoint same,all dlc trophies are included in season pass 

The “AC has never done two seasons passes” argument doesn’t hold much weight when this is the first time that an AC game has extended the DLC into a second year

As far as I can tell, Ubisoft have so far been completely silent as to the funding structure for the year two content. So at this stage anything is pure speculation

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

The “AC has never done two seasons passes” argument doesn’t hold much weight when this is the first time that an AC game has extended the DLC into a second year

As far as I can tell, Ubisoft have so far been completely silent as to the funding structure for the year two content. So at this stage anything is pure speculation

If a company has never made 2 season passes because this time it will be different

13 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Ubisoft has released games with multiple season passes. You literally named one of them in your earlier post - Ghost Recon: Wildlands

All season pass with trophies because i bought years ago wildlands gold edition and i dont buy a second season pass and i have 100% completion,for me the important is a season pass with trophies if a game have 1000 season pass without trophies doesnt care because i dont buy

Edited by locoporkko

20 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Ubisoft has released games with multiple season passes. You literally named one of them in your earlier post - Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Well to be fair, the games that did have year 2 or 3 passes didn't have trophies associated with them. Unless you count Warlords of New York, but I don't remember if that was a Year 2 or a Year 1 expansion not part of the Season Pass.

Not saying that is what will happen with Valhalla, but I really hope it won't have trophies as I don't want to drop 30-40 dollars on a second expansion to maintain a 100%.

The fact there is now a Season 2 Pass deal with some games just goes to show how fucking greedy these corporations are.

Either put everything in one Season Pass, or don't bother with DLC at all. We're at the point where people don't even question the practice and intention behind DLC, because most DLC from my experience isn't an expansion pack as much as it is suckering more money out of people. And nowadays they have the balls to come out with two separate Season Passes or more. One Season Pass won't get you everything, and vice versa.

Ubisoft is foaming at the mouth here.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Well to be fair, the games that did have year 2 or 3 passes didn't have trophies associated with them. Unless you count Warlords of New York, but I don't remember if that was a Year 2 or a Year 1 expansion not part of the Season Pass.

Not saying that is what will happen with Valhalla, but I really hope it won't have trophies as I don't want to drop 30-40 dollars on a second expansion to maintain a 100%.

Maybe I’m in a minority here, but I don’t personally see a multi-season pass structure as less offensive just because it doesn’t contain trophies. It’s still massively screwing over the wallets of players who want the “complete” game experience

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

A season pass gets you one ‘seasons’ worth of dlc though :dunno:

That’s why no one is questioning the practice - it’s because they are completely up-front about it - it’s right there in the name.

If you buy a ‘season ticket’ for a football club, that doesn’t mean you have a seat for life - you have it for a season.

If they always included all dlc going forward, then there wouldn’t be much point in calling them ‘season passes’ - it would be just a ‘lifetime pass’ or something similar.

Oh, c’mon. We all know that if we go back just a few years the term was regularly synonymous with “extra purchase that gets you all the DLC”. They’ve kept the name but moved the goalposts in an effort to intentionally leave consumers uncertain as to what their money is buying

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Maybe I’m in a minority here, but I don’t personally see a multi-season pass structure as less offensive just because it doesn’t contain trophies. It’s still massively screwing over the wallets of players who want the “complete” game experience

Nah I'm with you there. 

11 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Oh, c’mon. We all know that if we go back just a few years the term was regularly synonymous with “extra purchase that gets you all the DLC”. They’ve kept the name but moved the goalposts in an effort to intentionally leave consumers uncertain as to what their money is buying

I agree that few games have continued support beyond their initial season pass - that’s true - but, due respect, if you thought they were just all-encompassing, all-future-dlc bundles, did you never question why it was called a ‘season pass’? 

I think it’s tough to make an argument that the company is in the wrong or ‘moving the goalpost’, given that the premise is self-evident in the nomenclature - If anything, they are correcting the goalpost, surely?

• Like 1