Things to note before doing the online trophies!

Sergen

7 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I took a risk with Driveclub and Driveclub Bikes. The servers would shut on March 31st, 2020. I started around the last week of February, so I had just over a month to get the online done. Turns out I had little to do in terms of playing with other players. The only 'direct online' trophy was the I'll Save That For Later trophy in Driveclub Bikes, you had to score in the top 3 on the podium and save a replay of that race with six online players, including yourself. For the other online trophies, you just had to be connected to the servers. So the online really wasn't bad at all.

Max Payne has three trophies that require 4 - 5 online players, a bunch that you can easily boost with just 2 - 3 people, and the rest are ones where you need to be connected online. Assuming that the trophies that require other people take around 8 - 15 hours of boosting, I still have to grind out that Rank 50 trophy and do that challenge playthrough which requires me to beat the story at least once to unlock challenge mode.

The Rank 50 trophy reminds me of Killzone: Mercenary, a PS Vita only game. I did most of the online stuff with bots, only a few matches had to be played with other people. I had to play an online match to get a trophy to unlock in Killzone: Mercenary, so that Rank 50 trophy in Max Payne 3 sounds like the same ordeal.

If I'm going to start this game, I will have to start this coming week or otherwise it's going to be too much pressure for me to try to finish. I don't like to be pressured a mere few weeks before a server shutdown where the trophies are unobtainable forever. Of course, my other option is to just casually play, but for someone who is a completionist I can do that anytime on an alt account anyway.

Driveclub only had one direct online trophy, so I was completely fine with starting it up a few weeks before server shutdown.

Despite all this, Max Payne 3 doesn't sound anything near as bad as Killzone 2, where you had that online trophy for scoring in the top 1 percent in any given week.

Killzone 2 required a lot of free time in 1 week to get the 1% trophy. Killzone 2 was definitely more nerve wracking waiting to see if you was in the 1% of the week. Killzone 2 online on the other hand was very enjoyable for me when I played the online in 2010, when the online was still very active, and didn't feel boring for me. The online trophies in Max Payne 3 that require 4-5 people doesn't take too long to get done. The worst online trophy in Max Payne 3 is the leveling up to level 50, as replaying the chapter 4 bar section is extremely boring and tedious, but it is simply time consuming. I advanced 1-2 levels a day once I got up to around level 20 in Max Payne 3 to avoid severe boredom and I played other games on the side to help me with my gaming entertainment. I like to take my time with games too, and not rush.

Edited by x7251
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Challenge mode isn't that long, took me about 8 hours. 

You still have to beat the game in a completely different run in order to even unlock the ability to play challenge mode. The run you do before challenge mode can take around 10 hours, especially if you are playing on hard mode in order to save yourself an additional story run. 

Edited by Sergen

I wouldn't recommend starting the game now. Trying to set up an online session to boost trophies can be very frustrating because a lot of randoms pop up and start killing everybody which forces us to just quit and try to set up a new one. Sometimes we have to wait a couple hours before finding an empty lobby, especially on the weekends where most people play. 

Furthermore, the grind to level 50 is not fun at all, having the replay the same chapter 620 times again and again before the shutdown is just exhausting. If you haven't started the game, just play it on an alt account for its main story without caring about the trophies and move on, I wouldn't advise someone to put his life on pause for the next few weeks to grind something that isn't even fun or entertaining. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, LosAngelesPride said:

a lot of randoms pop up and start killing everybody which forces us to just quit and try to set up a new one. Sometimes we have to wait a couple hours before finding an empty lobby, especially on the weekends where most people play.

Most of the misc trophies for the online on the game are one off trophies that take a short amount of time to boost. The workaround to this would simply be to boost it with a full lobby of boosters, then you can lock it off from random people joining, you might add a bit of time to your boost by having to help additional people with the trophy but it beats spending longer looking for an empty room and having randoms interrupt it. The max lobby limit for Deathmatch is 8 people, there are 421 recent players on this website for the game, most of them are probably people who want to get the online trophies before the server shutdown. Any boosting session you want to make for the game would have many people interested in it so forming an 8 player lobby to safely boost annoying misc trophies wouldn't be troublesome because of how many people are trying to get it done before it shuts. Same with the Gang Wars "Sweep" you'd probably find 16 people willing to join and fill up a Gang Wars lobby to boost it without randoms interfering and it'd only take 30 minutes of everyone's time like that.

59 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Oh god. Don’t say it. Passos voice still haunts me to this day.

Lmao I mute it while i play now. Between this and the woman in the start i just can't..

Edited by ZachSmoke
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, akdkiller said:

Wait,if i complete the level 50 trophy but I didn't do challange mode before the server closes, is platinum impossible?

The 100% will be impossible, challenge mode is a DLC trophy so that won't affect the platinum. But it is an online trophy so people should be aware of it if they care to do the DLC. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LosAngelesPride said:

I wouldn't recommend starting the game now. Trying to set up an online session to boost trophies can be very frustrating because a lot of randoms pop up and start killing everybody which forces us to just quit and try to set up a new one. Sometimes we have to wait a couple hours before finding an empty lobby, especially on the weekends where most people play. 

Furthermore, the grind to level 50 is not fun at all, having the replay the same chapter 620 times again and again before the shutdown is just exhausting. If you haven't started the game, just play it on an alt account for its main story without caring about the trophies and move on, I wouldn't advise someone to put his life on pause for the next few weeks to grind something that isn't even fun or entertaining. 

Mate, I’ve dropped a lot of games that I wanted to play prior to a server shutdown. The last game I wanted to play was Mortal Kombat 2011, but the sudden shutdown forced me to ignore it completely. 

It’s no big loss. Max Payne 3 is a prestigious 100 percent, I can’t blame anybody for not being able to get all the trophies. 

Thank You for telling me not to start this game. 

8 hours ago, GunfighterHefty said:

I was about to say the same thing. The effort you put in contemplating the pros and cons is equal to the miniscule amount of time most of the miscellaneous trophies take. 

Sounds like you really need a warm cup of milk and a...

I’m a very fast typer. A few minutes verses hours of wasting time looking to boost. Obviously I’m going to pick the former.

6 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Mate, I’ve dropped a lot of games that I wanted to play prior to a server shutdown. The last game I wanted to play was Mortal Kombat 2011, but the sudden shutdown forced me to ignore it completely. 

It’s no big loss. Max Payne 3 is a prestigious 100 percent, I can’t blame anybody for not being able to get all the trophies. 

Thank You for telling me not to start this game. 

I feel like a broken record saying this but it's definitely not too late to start this game (as others have pointed out). The miscellaneous MP trophies look worse than they really are. The real only grind is getting to level 50.

If you do end ignoring this game because you're worried you might not make it in time, I would still strongly suggest that you play it on an alt account whenever you have some free time. It's definitely an underrated game and probably one of my favorite games of all time. I've played the other Max Payne games and I still don't entirely understand why this game garners so much hate. Sure it's different in many ways but still... at least you can tell a lot of care was put into making it. That's gotta count for something. 

Edited by z99f
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, z99f said:

I feel like a broken record saying this but it's definitely not too late to start this game (as others have pointed out). The miscellaneous MP trophies look worse than they really are. The real only grind is getting to level 50.

If you do end ignoring this game because you're worried you might not make it in time, I would still strongly suggest that you play it on an alt account whenever you have some free time. It's definitely an underrated game and probably one of my favorite games of all time. I've played the other Max Payne games and I still don't entirely understand why this game garners so much hate. Sure it's different in many ways but still... at least you can tell a lot of care was put into making it. That's gotta count for something. 

Thanks for the comment.

It's not even level 50 I'm concerned about, because I can do that on my own time and space out the grinding. It's moreso having to boost with multiple people. I was lucky with Red Dead Redemption.

Worst comes to worst, I won't do all the online in time. Maintaining 100 percent on an account just isn't fun, and why trophy hunt if you're not having fun?

23 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Thanks for the comment.

It's not even level 50 I'm concerned about, because I can do that on my own time and space out the grinding. It's moreso having to boost with multiple people. I was lucky with Red Dead Redemption.

Worst comes to worst, I won't do all the online in time. Maintaining 100 percent on an account just isn't fun, and why trophy hunt if you're not having fun?

The trophies that require other ppl can be done in a day or 2 depending on how long your sessions are, no need to worry about it that much.

5 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Thanks for the comment.

If you go for this then you should boost all trophies that need players first before tackling the level 50 grind, this way you should be approx between lvl 13-16 and 35 ish ranks is slightly more appealing than going for the full 50 from scratch

Edited by IronEden-13

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

Fuck it, I just bought the game for $29.99. If I can't do all the online, so be it.

You already got the Vanquish platinum, and Super Meat Boy platinum, so you should be able to get the Max Payne 3 plat as long as you put in the time and effort. I still think there is time to get the online done before September 16.

1 minute ago, Denizcankaya97 said:

Do leveling up in m4 also require playing in public lobby? I know you didn’t mention that one for the trophies that can be done in private lobbies. But technically any kills with M4 should’ve helped building its level.

You must use public lobbies, you don't get any XP in private lobbies and XP is what determines your M4 level.

• Like 1

Ok. I FINALLY went and jumped into the Max Payne 3 multiplayer. This is honestly nowhere near as bad as I was expecting.

A good majority of online DLC can be done in just one match. You just need the people around to do it, having alternate accounts that can log onto a second PS3 is also helpful. The trophy descriptions make the trophies themselves sound confusing but I assure you they're pretty straightforward once you familiarize yourself with playing a few matches.

With a boosting team you can probably knock most of the online trophies out in a day or two. There is the Rank 50 grind, getting the M4 Assault rifle to level 10 and the one trophy regarding Max Payne that I hear is troublesome for a lot of people.

Due to recent activity, the sheer number of people trying to wrap up the online is likely making this easier than if I jumped on this beforehand. The thing I hate the most is making a boosting session and have to wait several days or possibly weeks for players to join up, especially if the game in question is completely dead.

Generally, Rockstar Games tend to last a long time. People still play GTA IV, but I have no intention of putting that on my profile.

• Like 2

So to get level 10 on the M4 you need to get around 450 kills, not 400. The last bit felt like ages because I kept getting into matches with level 50 gaming gods who were getting a 30 - 4 kill death ratio. Glad it's finally over.

Now it's basically the big push to Rank 50. Will have to hook up some podcasts to get thru this.

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

So to get level 10 on the M4 you need to get around 450 kills, not 400. The last bit felt like ages because I kept getting into matches with level 50 gaming gods who were getting a 30 - 4 kill death ratio. Glad it's finally over.

Now it's basically the big push to Rank 50. Will have to hook up some podcasts to get thru this.

Congratz man! Glad you decided to do it! The level 50 grind is horrible, lol. I've been sitting at level 30 for the past few days gotta get back into it.. ohh and btw I'm curious what podcast everyone enjoys while they game?

Edited by ZachSmoke