The Revenge of 13 Plats of Halloween (Sign Ups Closed)

All updated

I completed by third game: Owlboy.

It was a nice change from the narrative adventures I have completed in my first 2 games for this event. 

Owlboy is a 2D platformer with a minimal story and limited combat and typed out story. The art is perhaps the most striking aspect of the game. The first sequences take place in a small floating village with a lot of blue skies in the background and swaying greenery in the foreground. The time of day shifts so that you cycle between day and night, which is a nice touch. The combat is limited and functions pretty much like a twin stick shooter. As the Owlboy, you cant really damage any enemies, only stun them. You need one of three companions that you carry to shoot down your enemies. The companions have different projectiles which creates a minor amount of backtracking like a Metroidvania. 

The exploration and platforming leave quite a bit to be desired. It is fairly linear and repetitive. It was only the siege on the pirate ship that felt truly different, with a scene of actual challenge. In that area, you often have to stealth around else you trigger poison gas that quickly depletes your health. Pretty clever. There is also a sequence where you drift around in a pitch black section with spikes everywhere and meat eating gnats that gnaw at your health as you remain in the dark. This section is needlessly frustrating. Speaking of....that cannon mini game was very unnecessary, but, of course, required for the platinum. 

The game was tonally, more appropriate than I expected for this event. Ultimately, you are dealing with pirates, relics, a weird character that is dressed (disguised?) as a spider. The climax of the game occurs in a library as the world ends. 

Ultimately, the game is fine. Probably not as good as the reviews, in my opinion, but a decent throwback to old style games.

• Like 1

Finished up THE JACKBOBX PARTY PACK 3 , finishing up THE INPATIENT soon hopefully.

NOTE. I saw my 10 extra games havent been updated on the spreadsheet.

• DOOM VFR - DOOM/DEMONS AND KILLING STUFF - DONE
  • 2. SLENDER THE ARRIVAL PS4 EU - HORROR GAME
  • 3. THE INPATIENT - VR HORROR GAME SET IN AN ASYLUM
  • 4. ARIZONA SUNSHINE - VR ZOMBIES + ULTRA RARE PLAT
  • 5. PLAGUE INC - WORLD DOMINATION BY VIRUSES,INCLUDING ZOMBIES AND OTHER VARIANTS
  • 6. HORROR ADVENTURE VR - VR HORROR GAME + YOU GET HORRIFIED EVERY SECOND HOW BAD THE GAME IS. 
  • 7. THE JACKBOX PARTY PACK 3 - THE MURDER PARTY MINIGAME + ULTRA RARES - DONE
  • 8. PORTAL KNIGHTS - HALLOWEEN EVENTS,DEMON ENEMIES ,HORROR WORLDS,AND JUST GENERAL VIBE(NOTE - KIDS GAME) + ULTRA RARE PLATINUM
  • 9. LITTLE NIGHTMARES - HORROR + ULTRA RARE
  • 10 .THE JACKBOX PARTY PACK 4 - MONSTER SEEKING MONSTER MINIGAME,ROMANCE HORROR TYPE MINIGAME + ULTRA RARE
  • 11. TRINE 2 - MAGICAL SETTING + ULTRA RARE PLATINUM
  • 12. WALKING DEAD SEASON 2 - ZOMBIES
  • 13 . WALKING DEAD A NEW FRONTIER - ZOMBIES
Edited by Prometheous101

1) Hades :platinum:

2) Afterparty (4%)

3) The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series (29% 49%)

I might have the slowest progress of anyone in this thread lol. But I'm still chugging along! Just finished Season 2 of TWD, it's not quite the same heights as S1 but it's still a fun ride! I hear S3 is the worst season so I'm really not looking forward to my next step in TWD, but maybe it'll surprise me?

While I am (extremely slowly) going through my three top games I'm just going to set down the other ten games in case I want to play something else. With not much time left I deliberately made most of these choices to be shorter than usual, but still within the limit. I copied 1 through 3 from my original post, and added the new games after it.

1. Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3) (44% completed) Akiba is filled with vampires, and the only way to save it is to strip their clothes off to expose them to the sunlight. Also, given the setting, lots of cosplay costumes in the game to add to the halloween feel.

2. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4) (27% completed - Now 37%) The spiritual successor to the Castlevania series, this game borrows a lot of its horror style from that series, with the various demons and other monsters throughout the exploration of the main castle.

3. Mary Skelter: Nightmares (Vita) (21% completed - Now 25%) A dungeon crawler with a horror-filled dungeon area called the Jail, filled with various creatures called Nightmares that are the bosses of the game.

4. Closure (PS3) (23% completed) - Horror based puzzle platformer starring a creature that can transform in to a humanoid shape. Was on PS+.

5. Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut (PS3) (1% completed) - The original polarizing open-world survival horror game.

6. Anna: Extended Edition (PS3) (not started) - Some horror game I picked up back on the PS3, don't know much about it other than that.

7. London Detective Mysteria (Vita) (15% completed) - Jack the Ripper, in both a bloodthirsty killer form and a love interest form. Besides, it's about detectives, lots of crime scenes and murders.

8. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (Vita) (not started) - similar vibe with the Saw franchise

9. School Girl/Zombie Hunter (PS4) (28% completed) - zombies

10. Nights of Azure (PS4) (22% completed) - demons; the main character, her minions, and all of the enemies!

11. Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! (PS4) (not started) - as the case itself says, "Enter the #1 Psychological Horror Experience!"

12. South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PS4) (not started) - definitely a halloween feel with grade schoolers dressed in costumes pretending to be superheroes.

13. Corpse Party (PS4) (not started) - not yet released (October 20th), but it's a remaster of an old PSP horror adventure game that I enjoyed. I was not able to complete the PSP game due to a bug, so I hope to fix that this time around.

Tried to keep the consoles balanced but I don't have enough Vita games that fit the theme left, so this will have to do. Time to get to work on this, I have a lot of free time over the next three weeks so I should be able to do some of this!

Update:

I finished my 6. game: Tokyo Dark: Remembrance.

A western visual novel in which you play as detective Ayami, who searches for her missing partner/lover, who was investigating a series of violent acts across Tokyo.

The story was interesting but because of multiple endings you must play through the game multiple times with almost no changes in the story (and without a skip button for allready read dialouge). The game has something of a status screen which shows 4 stats that can change through your actions but this is only relevant for one or two of the endings.

The character design was kinda odd. The characters look like someone wanted to draw manga/anime but had only some sort of description how that artstyle looks. It´s not that obvious by the female characters, but most of the male characters look off (some of them even resemble the wojak meme, in my opinion). 

Another disappointing point for me was, that most of the endings felt similar/not satisfying enough. And the ones that felt like a good conclusion were destroyed by a story twist, that came after the credits.

The most positive for me was the soundtrack. It was very atmospheric and reminded me on the old Silent Hill games from time to time.

All in all the game is worth playing for one playthrough (for the story and the sountrack) but not for the multiple ones that are required for the platinum.

Resident Evil 2 :platinum:

Resident Evil 3 :platinum:

Castlevania Requiem: SotN & RoB :platinum:

FIST: Forged in Shadow Torch :platinum:

Nexomon :platinum:

Overcooked: All you can eat :platinum:

Finished overcooked last week. There is a sphagetti monster and the unbread who wants to destroy the onion kingdom. Not on my watch!

Main three:

Corpse Party: Blood Drive (PS Vita)

Alien: Isolation (PS3) :platinum:

Vampyr (PS4) :platinum:

The other ones (for now):

Corpse Party (PS4) :platinum:

House of Ashes (PS4), release 10/22

Hades (PS5) probably Alan Wake if we get 50 completions till the end of October. Did the platinum yesterday, missing currently the two DLCs.

Those Who Remain (PS4)

Metro: Last Light (PS3)

Yomawari: Night Alone (PS Vita)

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PS Vita) changed to Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3)

Oxenfree (PS4) :platinum:

Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (PS Vita)

Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! (PS4) :platinum:

Well, let's be frank. I am failing here. I am normally very excited to dive into Halloween events, but as I've looked at my list of games for this event for the past couple of weeks, I just haven't wanted to play any of them. I am feeling a bit burnt-out with gaming in general lately and kind of struggling. At first I was like, maybe I'll play a short game that's not on the list as a palate cleanser, maybe another, and another... and another... Anyway, I'm at five games completed outside of my Halloween list since October 1st, close to six, so I'm just going to admit that the Halloween games I chose just aren't getting my juices flowing. Therefore, I am going to withdraw from the event. Don't fear about the badges, I will still provide those for everyone. I'm probably going to take a week or two off of gaming very soon if my mood doesn't improve. This gaming burn-out happens with me every now and then and if I'm being honest, no games are really getting my excitement up lately. So it's definitely time to consider a break. I've probably played a dozen different games in the past few weeks with nothing catching me. The games I've managed to finish are just because they are short enough to be done before I'm completely sick of them. 

• Like 3

Finally completed another game for this event. This time it was Yaga, one of the 3 locked in games. It took 3 playthroughs as I screwed up on my second run and didn't realize until the very last part, literally right before the credits would roll. At least its done and I can move on. I also haven't been doing so well at this challenge as I got hooked on MHW for a number of weeks which ate up a lot of gaming time. :|

1. Little Nightmares II - Game has a creepy vibe with escape from a Nightmare theme
  2. The Wolf Among Us - Murder mystery thriller about fairy tale creatures
  3. Yaga - 100% :platinum:
  4. Limbo - Looks to be a creepy atmosphere to this game and have I mentioned GIANT SPIDERS!!
  5. Until Dawn - Interactive Horror game Still planning on doing this one even though it doesn't qualify (by just a hair..)
  6. Demon's Souls - Battling the undead and hordes of Monsters
  7. Hades - Fighting your way through the Underworld and all its denizens.
  8. South Park: Stick of Truth - 100% :platinum:
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

Well, let's be frank. I am failing here. I am normally very excited to dive into Halloween events, but as I've looked at my list of games for this event for the past couple of weeks, I just haven't wanted to play any of them. I am feeling a bit burnt-out with gaming in general lately and kind of struggling. At first I was like, maybe I'll play a short game that's not on the list as a palate cleanser, maybe another, and another... and another... Anyway, I'm at five games completed outside of my Halloween list since October 1st, close to six, so I'm just going to admit that the Halloween games I chose just aren't getting my juices flowing. Therefore, I am going to withdraw from the event. Don't fear about the badges, I will still provide those for everyone. I'm probably going to take a week or two off of gaming very soon if my mood doesn't improve. This gaming burn-out happens with me every now and then and if I'm being honest, no games are really getting my excitement up lately. So it's definitely time to consider a break. I've probably played a dozen different games in the past few weeks with nothing catching me. The games I've managed to finish are just because they are short enough to be done before I'm completely sick of them. 

I get what you mean. Sometimes the mood just does not strike. I have, similarly, been engaging more heavily in games that do not satisfy this event, just because I have not been gripped by my choices. Little Hope was as good as it has gotten for me. I tried The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct and it seems like it would take a bit of willpower to plow thru it. Started up MediEvil and..... well.... maybe some things are better left in the past.  Not super keen on starting up a third at the moment.

Stick around, even if you don't end up finishing a game that you feel would count or play anything at all. Maybe someone leaves some comments on a game that does end up catching your eye and sparks your interest again. :)  I know I am still holding out hope for a Halloween sale for Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Stick around, even if you don't end up finishing a game that you feel would count or play anything at all. Maybe someone leaves some comments on a game that does end up catching your eye and sparks your interest again. :)  I know I am still holding out hope for a Halloween sale for Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle. 

I'll still be around reading people's posts and stuff. Mostly what I intend by withdrawing is giving myself permission to stop feeling bad about not doing my Halloween games. Most of the time, the pressure of a deadline for an event pushes me farther and I complete more. This time I'm just not hitting the right mental space. 

• Like 3

Finished up another one of mine original 3 games for this event.
The Inpatient

NI8x5vf.jpg

Prequel to Until Dawn

A VR game , psychological horror game set in an The Asylum featured in Until Dawn.

Few jump scares, but mainly pschyological horror.

Focused on player choices , multiple endings with a major split depending of your choices in the games dream sequences.

Platinum requires 2 full playthroughs + a little save scuming to get one choices bassed trophy , nothing too complicated.

There are better VR games, but there are worse games as well.

I got my moneys worth out of it.

• DOOM VFR - DOOM/DEMONS AND KILLING STUFF - DONE
  • 2. SLENDER THE ARRIVAL PS4 EU - HORROR GAME
  • 3. THE INPATIENT - VR HORROR GAME SET IN AN ASYLUM DONE
  • 4. ARIZONA SUNSHINE - VR ZOMBIES + ULTRA RARE PLAT
  • 5. PLAGUE INC - WORLD DOMINATION BY VIRUSES,INCLUDING ZOMBIES AND OTHER VARIANTS
  • 6. HORROR ADVENTURE VR - VR HORROR GAME + YOU GET HORRIFIED EVERY SECOND HOW BAD THE GAME IS. 
  • 7. THE JACKBOX PARTY PACK 3 - THE MURDER PARTY MINIGAME + ULTRA RARES - DONE
  • 8. PORTAL KNIGHTS - HALLOWEEN EVENTS,DEMON ENEMIES ,HORROR WORLDS,AND JUST GENERAL VIBE(NOTE - KIDS GAME) + ULTRA RARE PLATINUM
  • 9. LITTLE NIGHTMARES - HORROR + ULTRA RARE
  • 10 .THE JACKBOX PARTY PACK 4 - MONSTER SEEKING MONSTER MINIGAME,ROMANCE HORROR TYPE MINIGAME + ULTRA RARE
  • 11. TRINE 2 - MAGICAL SETTING + ULTRA RARE PLATINUM
  • 12. WALKING DEAD SEASON 2 - ZOMBIES
  • 13 . WALKING DEAD A NEW FRONTIER - ZOMBIES
  • Like 2

Found another game that fits quite well this event: Yet Another Zombie Defense HD is a simple game in which you stand in a little arena barely lit by an street lamp and fight against the undead including zombies, werewolves, vampires and reapers. Yesterday i played with 2 friends and unlocked the majority of trophies and today i killed a few more zombies to get the last ones :) I played maybe 5 hours and it felt easy (with friends together) so i'm surprised the rarity is around 20+% :D

I did start MediEvil a few days ago but played only a couple of levels yet and haven't unlocked any trophies so far but i'll make that my top priority now :)

Also made little progress in Dead Space 2 as i am close to the end of my 1st playthrough but i highly doubt i'll get that plat within this month....

1. Z-Run: 18/18 (100%)

2. Escape Dead Island: 61/61 (100% :platinum:)

3. MediEvil: 0/39 (0%)

4. Dead Space 2 DE: 26/51 (40%)

5. Magicka 2: 47/47

6. Yet Another Zombie Defense HD 28/28 :platinum:

First Update (Should have been done a lot earlier but my schedule was a little messed up)

First game done and other 2 currently in progress. The first game I have completed is Dead Space :platinum:, got the platinum like 2 weeks ago, but I never got around to do an update lol. Currently working on Slender: The Arrival (14%), which most likely will be done this weekend, and Dying Light (3%), which might take a while as I'm looking for some partners for the coop trophies.

So my current list looks something like this:

• Dead Space: You are alone in space and everythings dead. :platinum:
  • Dead Island: You are not so alone in an island and, mostly, everythings dead.
  • The Evil Within: You are, I think, not so alone in an distorted world and everything wants you dead.
  • Outlast.
  • Outlast 2.
  • Layers of Fear. 
  • Dying Light. (3%)
  • Slender: The Arrival (14%)
  • Thumper.
  • Man of Medan.
  • Dead Island: Riptide - Definitive Edition.
  • Vampyr.
  • Days Gone
  • Like 1

Finally finished a game for this, Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4, been slow at this since I've been pretty busy with adulting and what not. Started Resident Evil Village and it is a great game, got addicted right away. They did a great job of combining the best parts of RE 5 and 7. Finding it hard to get the motivation to play Alien Isolation again, but we'll see.

Original 3:

• Resident Evil Village - 35%
  • Alien Isolation - 72%
  • Layers of Fear - 87%

Others:

• Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 - :platinum:
  • Oxenfree - 69%
  • Observer - 0%
  • Call of Cthulhu - 0%
  • Prey - 0%
  • Like 1

Updated List:  Spreadsheet needs to be updated with additional games and completions. :)

1. Erica: Psychological thriller, with an occult hospital and strange people. :platinum:

2. Oxenfree: Overnight island party, that goes wrong - sort of like Cabin in the Woods.:platinum:

3. South Park: The Stick of Truth: What could be more Halloween than costumes, gnomes, Al Gore and the Goth Kids?:platinum:

4. Batman: The Telltale Series: A man dressed as a bat running around in a rubber suit.  Need I say more? 0%

Edited by DJ__Beatroot
  • Like 2

Added Tomb Raider to my list as I just completed it last night.

1. Little Nightmares II - Game has a creepy vibe with escape from a Nightmare theme
  2. The Wolf Among Us - Murder mystery thriller about fairy tale creatures
  3. Yaga - 100% :platinum:
  4. Limbo - Looks to be a creepy atmosphere to this game and have I mentioned GIANT SPIDERS!!
  5. Until Dawn - Interactive Horror game Still planning on doing this one even though it doesn't qualify (by just a hair..)
  6. Demon's Souls - Battling the undead and hordes of Monsters
  7. Hades - Fighting your way through the Underworld and all its denizens.
  8. South Park: Stick of Truth - 100% :platinum:
  9. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - 100% :platinum:

46 minutes ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

Updated List:  Spreadsheet needs to be updated with additional games and completions. :)

1. Erica: Psychological thriller, with an occult hospital and strange people. :platinum:

2. Oxenfree: Overnight island party, that goes wrong - sort of like Cabin in the Woods.:platinum:

3. South Park: The Stick of Truth: What could be more Halloween than costumes, gnomes, Al Gore and the Goth Kids?:platinum:

4. Day of the Tentacle: Well, you've got a mutant monster, a mad scientist, references to The Fly movie, and George Washington's teeth.  Seems pretty Halloween to me!:platinum: 

5. Batman: The Telltale Series: A man dressed as a bat running around in a rubber suit.  Need I say more? 0%

6. The Sexy Brutale: What else could you ask for when you've got a casino mansion, murders and everyone running around with masks? 0%

7. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice: You've got the influence of the Darkness, surviving the "Sea of Corpses" and defeating the beast Fenrir at the gates of Helheim. 0%

The Day of the Tentacle, The Sexy Brutale and Hellblade all do not qualify due to length. All great games though.

3 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

The Day of the Tentacle, The Sexy Brutale and Hellblade all do not qualify due to length. All great games though.

Oh!!  I saw where someone else had Hellblade on the spreadsheet and thought you had okayed it.

Edited by DJ__Beatroot
  • Like 2

Update:

I finished my 7. game: Grey Skies: A War of the Worlds Story.

Not much to say about this one. It´s a stealth game that plays in the english country side during the events of the War of the Worlds story.

The game is not very good, unfortunately. The stealth of this stealth game is a joke, because you can run through most of this sections (despite the bad controls).

The game feels disconected at points (for example: you go in a auto repair shop on a country road to find spare parts. Then you leave the building and one loading screen later, you are at the entry to a village without further explanation).

Another negative point: the game tries to make a big mystery out of what exactly is going on, but it doesn´t work, when it has the solution to it´s mystery in the title (not to mention the tripods that are shown in the booting screen and the tile for the game in the PS4 menu).

The only good points are an easy platinum ( with a guide) and that it creates a creepy atmosphere (at some points).

Update:

4. Batman: The Telltale Series: A man dressed as a bat running around in a rubber suit.  Need I say more? :platinum:

• Like 2

New Update: Got the Platinum for Observer, very good game, gets you tense and scared in some sections.

I finally did the Night Trap hard trophies, now I only need to finish the trap 1987 Augers.... which I already have the 1000 trophy so in my calculations which are bad I need to Trap 700 at most. Which it will take me a day maybe so no worries on that.

On the other side Savage Halloween like I said is old school hard, I was worried about the "NO DEATH RUN" turns out that was easy, the hard and annoying and "make it or break it" really is Hardcore difficulty, which one hit you die.... that is actually doable if it wasn't for a section of Battetoads omage that is just so annoying, is not like you can die and continue from where you die, you go back from the beggining, incredibly hard, only 22 trophy hunters have done it in this site, which I have tried 4 times and I end up with a game over.... That said I won't change the game just yet, I have ragequited the game many times, but I am not giving up yet.

We have 16 days to go, and I feel I am pretty far from the objective of getting 13 plats ? I thought I was the only one that had a little bit of problems with my list, but turns out a lot of people have struggle with motivation and all of that, so I don't feel alone here, don't be down if you feel like you are going to fail this event guys, at the end of the day you are the only one keeping score with yourself.

Reason why I entered this event and other events is because I sometimes am blank in what to play next just staring at the amount of games that I have bought on sales and I just don't know what to try next... this event makes it easier to just put yourself into playing some games, just having a list, makes you play games you might ignored or just say "maybe another time" or "maybe I will do this 20 minutes platinum", and just try to beat the games you bought and want to play but haven't been able to put time into it. So keep it going, don't give up, but if you give up know that is ok, at the end of the day this are just videogames and trophies.

Top 3 games that I would recommend so far:

ECHO: Super fun, very tense, dark, interesting, is a game that is actually different and looks so good, I am glad I did this and the Platinum is super doable. Is kinda stealth, but you can play in other ways, what I would say is that is one of those game that has interesting mechanics, and so I would recommend just for that to anyone, but is also not a buggy game or anything like that.

Observer: This is a more specific game, is kinda Walking Simulator but not really, kinda detective game, kinda horror, very interesting game. I would recommend this game to anyone that likes a story game, if you are looking for an action packed game then this is not it, other than that the game is very good.... Also there is a Redux game for PS5 which I heard it ads some extra stuff here and there, nothing crazy. Platinum is easy, collectables and not dying are the only things you really need to worry about.

The Darkside Detective: This is a Point and Click game, it doesn't have horror, it has horror topics and all that, but is not scary, it is actually a very funny game, I laugh so many times with this game, and the puzzles are not the ridiculous type, you really don't need a guide to get everything. Platinum is easy, No missable trophies here.

1. ECHO :platinum:

F9JVEAvt.png

2. Night Trap (91%)

3. Perception

4. Observer: :platinum:

1La5888e.png

5. Fear Effect Sedna.

6. The Darkside Detective:platinum:

1Lb8d03b.png

7. Afterparty:platinum:

XER19xDt.png

8. Indigo prophecy