The Revenge of 13 Plats of Halloween (Sign Ups Closed)

Finished Hotline Miami this weekend.

Solid picks:

1. Costume Quest 2 ? - Let's do some trick or treating and battle some monster in the meantime.

2. The Last of Us (62%)- Zombies

3. Vampyr - I believe the title is self explanatory, there are vampires in the game

Other games (may change):

4. MediEvil :platinum: - Well, you are a skelleton knight fighting monsters. I guess it fits

5. Yesterday Origins :platinum:- Cultism, immortality, sorcery and stuff like that

6. South Park: The Stick of Truth - Lots of costumes, zombies and other forces of evil

7. South Park: The Fractured But Whole - Costumes once again

8. Hotline Miami :platinum: - Masked guy killing everyone in sight

9. Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage (57%) - Heartless, creatures of the dark fighting against you

10. Destroy All Humans 2! - Alien Invasion

11. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - Zombies

12. Beyond: Two Souls - Psychological action thriller with supernatural stuff

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MissShake said:

Thanks! I went pretty slow but I think I was around 1000 runs lol

Oh gee! I am really in for it then. I feel like I need like 1000 more nectars and I've only gotten three stars on the top row of the keepsakes so far. I know I could look most of this up, but I'm enjoying figuring stuff out along the way. I still have no idea how to get a chthonic companion, unlock a hidden weapon aspect, and stuff like that. Zagreus keeps hinting at something like he wants to tear up agreements but I don't know where those would be. I keep going into the admin room looking, but all I can manage to do is say funny inspirational phrases to the workers in there and have them frown at me in mass. lol. But it could be just as likely that some door opens up I haven't seen yet, or I find a new area when I'm out trying to escape. 

Main three:

Corpse Party: Blood Drive (PS Vita)

Alien: Isolation (PS3)

Vampyr (PS4) :platinum:

The other ones (for now):

Corpse Party (PS4) :platinum:

House of Ashes (PS4), release 10/22

Hades (PS5)

Those Who Remain (PS4)

Metro: Last Light (PS3)

The Medium (PS5), release 10/03

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PS Vita)

The Walking Dead: Season 2 (PS Vita) changed to Oxenfree (PS4)

Afterparty (PS4)

Little Nightmares (PS4) changed to Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! (PS4)

• Like 2

Yikes, only got one done for the entirety of September. Doesn't exactly look good going forward, but who knows? Maybe I'll become a machine this October and somehow knock out a ton of them. I know I can at least get my primary three done though, I've been hard at work on Dead Space 3 since even before this started.

L150ed3.png

SAW is my first one down though. I'll start arranging them properly on the left once I have more than just a singular game. You know? This wasn't too bad. Brought me back to those old october horrorfests I had where I'd try to watch a scary movie every day. Not the most amazing game, but meh, I had fun.

• Like 3

Little bit of an update:

1) Hades :platinum:

2) Afterparty (4%)

3) The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series (29%)

I've been working through TWD, and I just finished up season one. I played it waaaaay back in 2012, and I remember the huge craze it had with Let's Players, so it was interesting to come back to it. It still holds up well as a story if you don't go in expecting huge branches in the story, it's a really emotional story that's well worth your time.

I also haven't really done too much with Afterparty, I keep just... Passing it over whenever I have the option to play it? I think I just liked Oxenfree's atmosphere more.

• Like 3

Update 3: Platinum Need a Packet?, kinda reminded me to Papers Please, this is supershort and super easy.

1. ECHO :platinum:

F9JVEAvt.png

2. Night Trap

3. Perception

4. Observer: (26%)

5. Remothered... changed to Fear Effect Sedna.

6. The Darkside Detective

7. Afterparty:platinum:

XER19xDt.png

8. Indigo prophecy

9. Savage Halloween

10. Man of Medan

11. White night

12. Friday the 13 killer puzzle

13. Need a packet? :platinum:

iqApsVAt.png

Edited by MAUSZX
  • Like 2

Update NO.1

Finished 1st of my 3 main games

• DOOM VFR - DOOM/DEMONS AND KILLING STUFF
  • 2. SLENDER THE ARRIVAL PS4 EU - HORROR GAME
  • 3. THE INPATIENT - VR HORROR GAME SET IN AN ASYLUM

Adding the other 10 games to my list.  NOTE - HORROR ADVENTURE VR,JACKBOX 3 AND 4 HAVE LESS THEN 50 ACHIEVERS , HOPE THATS OK.

• 4. ARIZONA SUNSHINE - VR ZOMBIES + ULTRA RARE PLAT
  • 5. PLAGUE INC - WORLD DOMINATION BY VIRUSES,INCLUDING ZOMBIES AND OTHER VARIANTS
  • 6. HORROR ADVENTURE VR - VR HORROR GAME + YOU GET HORRIFIED EVERY SECOND HOW BAD THE GAME IS. 
  • 7. THE JACKBOX PARTY PACK 3 - THE MURDER PARTY MINIGAME + ULTRA RARES
  • 8. PORTAL KNIGHTS - HALLOWEEN EVENTS,DEMON ENEMIES ,HORROR WORLDS,AND JUST GENERAL VIBE(NOTE - KIDS GAME) + ULTRA RARE PLATINUM
  • 9. LITTLE NIGHTMARES - HORROR + ULTRA RARE
  • 10 .THE JACKBOX PARTY PACK 4 - MONSTER SEEKING MONSTER MINIGAME,ROMANCE HORROR TYPE MINIGAME + ULTRA RARE
  • 11. TRINE 2 - MAGICAL SETTING + ULTRA RARE PLATINUM
  • 12. WALKING DEAD SEASON 2 - ZOMBIES
  • 13 . WALKING DEAD A NEW FRONTIER - ZOMBIES

Will possibly update the list when I clear a few of those.

Edited by Prometheous101
Added some info
  • Like 2

I finished another game for this event :) Escape Dead Island was a good game for it's story and stealth combat but some areas were tough to go through because shooting didn't feel easy, slow camera movement and some cutscenes (i.e. before boss fights) couldn't be skipped so i watched a couple of them up to 10 times which feels really unnecessary :( I was more upset that the game crashed 6 times on my first playthrough but thankfully it only crashed once on my 2nd :) the Underwater Labs DLC was a good addition to the main game with new areas, enemy, weapons and was a short but cool addition to the story :)

1. Z-Run: 18/18 (100%)

2. Escape Dead Island: 61/61 (100% :platinum:)

3. MediEvil: 0/39 (0%)

4. Dead Space 2 DE: 9/51 (13%)

5. Magicka 2: 47/47 :platinum:

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

Third Update:

Two more down. The Medium had cool atmosphere but the gameplay was a little bland. And that stupid Phantom trophy took me some extra time. Also Friday the 13th Killer Puzzle. Just more Slayaway Camp. I forgot how brutal that minigame could be. Also I did the 13 day daily puzzle streak legit and waited each day. Also Got through Season 2 of The Walking Dead.

Solid Picks:

1. I Expect You To Die 2 :platinum:

2. Control Ultimate Edition (PS5 EU) :platinum:

3. Blair Witch 

Let's see what happens

4. Walking Dead Collection - 49%

5. The Medium :platinum:

6. Overcooked All You Can Eat :platinum:

7. Alan Wake Remastered

8. Deathloop :platinum:

9. Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle :platinum:

• Like 1

Main three:

Corpse Party: Blood Drive (PS Vita)

Alien: Isolation (PS3) :platinum:

Vampyr (PS4) :platinum:

The other ones (for now):

Corpse Party (PS4) :platinum:

House of Ashes (PS4), release 10/22

Hades (PS5)

Those Who Remain (PS4)

Metro: Last Light (PS3)

The Medium (PS5) changed to Yomawari: Night Alone (PS Vita)

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PS Vita)

Oxenfree (PS4) :platinum:

Afterparty (PS4) changed to Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (PS Vita)

Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! (PS4)

• Like 2

Kicking off October with the last entry in TWD series. I actually wouldn't mind buying the Definitive Edition some day and playing through the whole thing again, making different choices at all the key moments. It's been five years since I played Season 1.

1. The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep
  2. The Mummy Demastered
  3. Chasm
  4. The Forest
  5. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
  6. Night in the Woods
  7. The Walking Dead: The Final Season

Six more this month is going to be tough. I'll need some VNs or something.

• Like 2

Two more done for me. Took me about ten hours to do all the new stuff in Death Stranding Directors Cut for PS5. Really love that game so it was dope to jump back into that world. Also finished The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker, an fmv Cthulhu-ish mystery game that I bought because it had people from Contradiction in it. It wasn't very good. I can't recommend it.

Alan Wake Remastered out tomorrow!

Solid Picks:

1. I Expect You To Die 2 :platinum:

2. Control Ultimate Edition (PS5 EU) :platinum:

3. Blair Witch 

Let's see what happens

4. Walking Dead Collection - 50%

5. The Medium :platinum:

6. Overcooked All You Can Eat :platinum:

7. Alan Wake Remastered

8. Deathloop :platinum:

9. Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle :platinum:

10. Death Stranding: Director's Cut :platinum:

11. The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker :platinum:

• Like 1

All updated.

Finished Little Hope last night. Another uneven entry in The Dark Pictures Anthology. I will go into my stronger feelings under the spoiler tab. *Fair warning, the entire game will be spoiled*. If you at all looking forward to playing this game, I recommend you skip reading the spoiler tag below.

Generally, it was better than Man of Medan, in my opinion. MoM was uneven in many ways. They telegraphed the "threat" very early on and relied on their monster design and claustrophobic location to buoy a weak premise and uninteresting characters. It worked best when it was messing with reality, like the repetitive hallway scene or the ballroom. Because the central issue of the plot was made clear using the notes and secrets, the resolution felt natural. Little Hope, on the other hand, felt more mysterious. There are flashbacks to witch trials and a family in the 70s, which seem to steer the story towards "history repeating itself" as being a central issue. For the most part, this was pretty interesting. The secrets found throughout the game flesh out these stories well. The characters feel more fleshed out and Will Poulter is surprisingly capable at being the central focus on this one. The only thing that really made little sense while playing: why exactly the characters felt the need to enter so many derelict buildings, when they had to effectively break in each time. 

Spoiler

What really took this game off center was the finale/resolution. It makes sense how they breakdown the Fight Club style reveal showing those characters were not really there and this is just a figment of a character's imagination caused by guilt and trauma, but it was such a let down. The story did a good job of weaving the three timelines and it felt like there was some meaningful development thru the flashbacks. When it turns out it was all a metaphor, it felt more like a car crash than a cathartic revelation. In my first ending, I had ticked off Vince, so the resolution saw my character going to jail. When the scene cut back to the curator, all I could muster was to call BS on the game. Maybe if the narrative was weaker in a sense, this ending would have been more fitting.  Once again, the monster are not real. Instead of being hallucinations, they are metaphorical.  I get it, but it was a narrative cop out. Even so, I do recommend the game. 

I do hope that House of Ashes sticks the landing better than either Man of Medan or Little Hope. 

With two narrative adventures done, it might be time to formalize some games to add to my list:

Starting with adding 2 more narrative adventures from 2 other studios who specialize in the genre. Already covered Telltale and Supermassive. Now on to Dontnod and Quantic Dream:

Vampyr - play as a vampire doctor (really?) during the Spanish flu (reeeeealllly???). It looks pretty cool despite the premise.

Indigo Prophecy - turns out there are paranormal factors in this story. Know little else.

For the sake of completion, maybe I need to look into adding an FMV from Wales Interactive.

Also to add a wider diversity of genres:

Owlboy - 2D platformer where you play as an owl who does not speak.

NieR: Automata - JRPG about a wasteland Earth that is being defended by robots against alien robots, I think?

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - FPS with nazi zombies.

Alien: Isolation - Horror survival set in a perfect universe for such a style of game. Alien is a true classic of horror and creature features.

MediEvil - 3D platformer where you play as a soldier raised from the dead.

I finished Plague Road and Demon's Tier+

I also want to add Alan Wake as one of my 13 games. It's a game about a writer going on a vacation in the woods and enjoying a nice spooky time with his writings.

1. Dead Space 3 (49/51)
2. Angels of Death. (14/40)

3. Devil May Cry :platinum:
4. PLAGUE ROAD. ?
5. Last Labyrinth. (0/35)
6. TOUHOU DOUBLE FOCUS:platinum:
7. ODDWORLD: MUNCH'S ODDYSEE HD. :platinum: 
8. HUNTED: THE DEMON'S FORGE. (2/51) 

9. Deadpool :platinum:

10. Demon's Tier+ :platinum:
11. Alan Wake 

I'm also considering Nightcry, Silent Hill 2, Diablo III, Blood Knights, Dead Space 2, or Dead Space Extraction for my remaining two games.

Update:

I finished my 5. game: Death end re;Quest 2.

Gameplay wise it´s your typical Idea Factory/Compile Heart RPG. Recycled enemies, visual novel and gameplay parts and a battle system with a twist/feature exclusive to this game/series (in this case: field bugs to power up your characters, a bouncing and knockback system to deal more damage and skills from which you can choose up to three per round).

Where the game shines is it´s story: You play as Mai Toyama, who is send to an all girls school in the remote mountain village of Le Choara in eastern europe to find her sister who was last seen in the school. Here she meets Rotten Dollheart (real name) and Liliana Pinata, and together they search for Mai´s sister and uncover the dark secrets of the town/school..

The game gets really f. uped in its themes (For example it starts with a scene were Mai kills her drunken and abusive father with a hatchet) Furthermore there are scenes of mobbing, child murder, executions child abuse, mental illness, torture and one scene were it is implied, that one of the side characters was raped/sexual abused.Most of this stuff is not shown but described.

For the platinum you must play through the game two times (which is a good thing in my opinion, because new game plus acts as something as an directors cut and has exclusive scenes, that contains references to the story of the first game).The game can be played entirely on easy and the only difficult parts are the last boss (unfair but easy to counter attack) and the bonus dungeon (correctly named Pain Area, a 5 floor dungeon filled with damage sponge enemies that lasts for 4-5 hours, luckily with save points).

All in all I liked the game, but the first one was better in my opinion.

• Like 1

Been an interesting thread to read through. Props to the OP for the idea. I was surprised to see, unless I overlooked it, but no one has picked Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered. I am playing through it currently and it is pretty fun. Also, it's not too long so you should have plenty of time to complete it for the event. I humbly recommend this to anyone who still needs to finish their list of 13 games. 

Update 4: Platinum Darkside Detective. Pretty fun game easy plat, also very funny. I can't wait to start the sequel honestly.

Also already started other games in the list and now I feel like it will be very hard to even finish my own list... but I will keep trying on the harder/longer games so I can know if I will be able to make it or not.
Savage Halloween, (ULTRA RARE PLAT) is old school hard, which I think is one of the games that will be Make it or break it for me.

Night trap, what a Horrible game lol. I really thought it was going to be kinda fun, and It is interesting, but is just not very good lol.

Observer, started back to the game, now this game is really tense, and the missables are few but is what make this interesting.

1. ECHO :platinum:

F9JVEAvt.png

2. Night Trap (1%)

3. Perception

4. Observer: (29%)

5. Remothered... changed to Fear Effect Sedna.

6. The Darkside Detective:platinum:

1Lb8d03b.png

7. Afterparty:platinum:

XER19xDt.png

8. Indigo prophecy

9. Savage Halloween (69%...nice)

10. Man of Medan

11. White night

12. Friday the 13 killer puzzle

13. Need a packet? :platinum:

iqApsVAt.png

Edited September 29 by MAUSZX
  • Like 1

Friday Update!

Finished South Park: The Stick of Truth.  They really need to make more games like this!

1. Erica: Psychological thriller, with an occult hospital and strange people :platinum:

2. Oxenfree: Overnight island party, that goes wrong - sort of like Cabin in the Woods :platinum:

3. South Park: The Stick of Truth:  What could be more Halloween than costumes, Gnomes, Al Gore and the Goth Kids? :platinum:

4. Batman: The Telltale Series:  I mean, you've got a guy wearing a bat mask running around with a rubber suit and Arkham Asylum as a setting.  Plus a few other characters in costumes that you wouldn't normally see during the day on a street.  At least, I don't think so.

Edited by DJ__Beatroot
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

Friday Update!

Finished South Park: The Stick of Truth.  They really need to make more games like this!

1. Erica: Psychological thriller, with an occult hospital and strange people :platinum:

2. Oxenfree: Overnight island party, that goes wrong - sort of like Cabin in the Woods :platinum:

3. South Park: The Stick of Truth:  What could be more Halloween than costumes, Gnomes, Al Gore and the Goth Kids? :platinum:

4. Day of the Tentacle: We have a mutant monster, a mad scientist, references to The Fly movie, and George Washington's teeth.  Seems pretty Halloween to me!

On to Day of the Tentacle!

While Day of the Tentacle is worth playing, it does not qualify due to length. Top 50 is under 6 hours.

I would like to remove Bioshock Remastered (I would have to race through the game to get the 100% in time for this event and I think the game deserves better, since it´s my first playthrough of Bioshock), from my list and replace it with Grey Skies: A War of the Worlds Story (An alien invasion and zombie like enemies).