Where's the platinum?

Goro

On my VITA trophy overview I can already see the trophylist for episode 2. Bunch of bronze and silver trophies, but no gold one for finishing it. My guess it is a "standard" trophy list that we will get bit by bit with each new episode. 

Yeah, episode two is an "add-on/DLC" trophy set to the main set connected to the main trophy set. So in this case, there won't be a platinum added later down the line.

Well this is gonna be annoying because I'm sorta "OCD" with my trophy list on PSN Profiles this is gonna be a non-platinum game with a ton of points and it will have a green background color in-between a bunch of other platinumed games with blue background color, haha, I know it's a really stupid problem

EDIT: I actually just calculated it and if the rest of the episodes follow the same format as episode 2 does then it will stay with the green games and be like 100 points less than my lowest point blue game... This is a really sad problem I have, lmao

That's so dumb how the first game had a platinum yet this one doesn't! I really wish they would have formatted the trophies like the first game was because you're gonna get them all at the same point in time anyway (assuming the reason for no platinum is because the trophies actually have descriptions and that could lead to spoilers).

Edited by BlindMango

I had a look on my vita as well and no gold trophies for episode two, which they have always done for completing an episode, so who knows if they will decide to put a plat in the game if they are changing gold trophies to silver ones. Just my thoughts anyway.. I don't really care just want to play the story :)

I actually just calculated it and if the rest of the episodes follow the same format as episode 2 does then it will stay with the green games and be like 100 points less than my lowest point blue game... This is a really sad problem I have, lmao

That's so dumb how the first game had a platinum yet this one doesn't! I really wish they would have formatted the trophies like the first game was because you're gonna get them all at the same point in time anyway (assuming the reason for no platinum is because the trophies actually have descriptions and that could lead to spoilers).

I still haven't entirely given up on that platinum. If they continue in the same fashion for the next episodes, they'll end up with 1065 points. An average game hast 975 to 1050 points without the platinum. So why shouldn't it have one?

I'm going to wait until it has all been released. Just so i can play all episodes at once rather than having a long wait for them to be released. 
i have the first one platinum three times now, ps3 eu/JP versions and ps vita. can't wait until this game is fully released though! 

I'm going to wait until it has all been released. Just so i can play all episodes at once rather than having a long wait for them to be released. 
i have the first one platinum three times now, ps3 eu/JP versions and ps vita. can't wait until this game is fully released though! 

Why not?

Games are given platinums based on their scope, or size. This is a very small scope game.

It's possible Sony approved the plat for the first without knowing what a simple point and click game this was and have decided in hindsight not to allow the sequel to have a platinum so that other devs don't start in on the trend of trying to give away platinums for money. It's also possible tho that what other people are saying in this thread is true and that TellTale will release a separate version with platinum afterwards. If that's the case I sure won't be early adopting anymore new releases from TellTale.

http://gearnuke.com/former-sony-dev-comments-outlasts-missing-platinum-trophy-explains-trophy-allocation-works/

Games are given platinums based on their scope, or size. This is a very small scope game.

It's possible Sony approved the plat for the first without knowing what a simple point and click game this was and have decided in hindsight not to allow the sequel to have a platinum so that other devs don't start in on the trend of trying to give away platinums for money.

I don't think so, why would they start doing this now? Plenty of smaller games than TWD release with a platinum trophy. The 'simple point and click game' you refer to was also many peoples game of the year, the Vita release had a platinum and The Wolf Among Us also.

Another theory is they simply have not written the conclusion to the season yet so would not be able to include a finished trophy list. Just speculating as I haven't followed the development of this game.

Plenty of smaller games than TWD release with a platinum trophy.  The 'simple point and click game' you refer to was also many peoples game of the year...

How much people enjoy the game is completely irrelevant to the discussion. I wast just reading a thread on Brothers:ATOTS where someone called it their game of the year, that doesn't mean it deserves a platinum. I agree that, assuming TWAU is basically the same thing as TWD then it does seem weird they would award a plat to that then not TWD2. Also I'm wondering what much smaller games then TWD that have plats you are referring to.

What Kenny Linder says in the article I provided might be pure heresay on some random internet site but it does line up with what we've been seeing over the last 12 months and honestly under those criteria Telltale's TWD simply doesn't deserve a platinum trophy no matter how many tears it makes you shed.

How much people enjoy the game is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

I'm pointing out that if Telltale wanted to include a platinum I hardly think Sony would rebuff this with the mindset of...

Sony approved the plat for the first without knowing what a simple point and click game this was and have decided in hindsight not to allow the sequel to have a platinum so that other devs don't start in on the trend of trying to give away platinums for money.

Seeing as all Telltale games since have included a platinum (as far as I know) and with TWD being TT's most popular game, also one of the most eagerly awaited psn games, It would be a strange time for Sony to imply this no platinum rule.

I still think this game is going to have a platinum. The platinum will be released along with the trophies for episode 5. 

Highly doubt full since, patching in Platinum could lead to people losing their earn trophies.

Same reason Contrast have only Bronze Trophies and no Silver or Gold trophies

It's possible Sony approved the plat for the first without knowing what a simple point and click game this was and have decided in hindsight not to allow the sequel to have a platinum so that other devs don't start in on the trend of trying to give away platinums for money. It's also possible tho that what other people are saying in this thread is true and that TellTale will release a separate version with platinum afterwards. If that's the case I sure won't be early adopting anymore new releases from TellTale.

http://gearnuke.com/former-sony-dev-comments-outlasts-missing-platinum-trophy-explains-trophy-allocation-works/

It's an interesting theory, but it's inaccurate. If this were the case, neither Back to the Future nor the Wolf Among Us (games made by Telltale that are similar in size, style, and scope) would have been awarded Platinums. If I had to guess, this was probably a decision made internally at Telltale. 

It's an interesting theory, but it's inaccurate. If this were the case, neither Back to the Future nor the Wolf Among Us (games made by Telltale that are similar in size, style, and scope) would have been awarded Platinums. If I had to guess, this was probably a decision made internally at Telltale. 

Eh, what are you saying is innacurate, that games need to be large enough in scope to be awarded platinum trophies, or that this the reason TWD2 does`t have one. The first part, that games must be large, is more fact than theory as it has been said by multiple developers on the interwebs, you just need to look around. As for if this is the reason TWD2 doesn`t have a platinum well all we can do is speculate so again you can`t really call it inaccurate. As for everybody pointing at BTTF, come on guys, that game came out in 2010, the rules have evolved over the years and it`s pointless to look at games from more than 12 months ago in this discussion.

I dunno why TWAU would get one and TWD2 but I do know that TWD and TWD2 should not have platinums based on Sony`s policy of larger games versus smaller ones, TWD and TWD2 are smaller games, plain and simple.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/01/07/futurlab-explains-what-it-takes-for-a-downloadable-psn-game-to-get-a-platinum-trophy-from-sony/