Where's the platinum?

Goro

Seems everyone's debating if TWD2 will receive a platinum trophy or not, even the IGN podcast!  I believe it won't get one, and i question why they switched up the format from season 1 with TWD2.  Though i think the disc version will receive the platinum like BTTF. http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/10/the-walking-dead-will-there-be-a-platinum-trophy-podcast-beyond

If you want to play the game then buy the digital episodes then wait for the physical copy. TellTale did the same thing with BTTF and TWD Season 1. I personally will wait for the physical copy, not for the platinum, but because I dont want to deal with episodes. I have TV series for that frustration lol

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a platinum available for the release of the final episode. From what it looks like, most retail games have a platinum. I don't doubt that the second season of this game will be released on Vita (for $25, most likely).

With the exception/mix up of some games not getting platniums for the Vita release, every game in that price range has had a platinum. This would be the first time since then not to, which would be surprising to see. 

There wont be a plat just like the first season , and bttf when they were first released, since ep 1 is the "main game" and the other episodes are dlc. If you want a plat for it wait til it comes out on disk or vita , they both got the plat because it was the complete game. 

• 2 weeks later...

There wont be a plat just like the first season , and bttf when they were first released, since ep 1 is the "main game" and the other episodes are dlc. If you want a plat for it wait til it comes out on disk or vita , they both got the plat because it was the complete game. 

The First Season had a Platinum in PSN version

• 1 month later...

Don't care if it has a plat or not, but I'm annoyed over the amount of time they've been taking with the episodes. I guess I don't have the patience for a full release.  -_-

That is exactly why I didn't purchase the season pass for season 2. I did for season 1 and absolutely loved it but the long wait between episodes was a little too much for me so I'm going to wait before all the episodes are out before I purchase this season. 

Parker

• Like 1

Platinum doesn't matter just want these damn episodes to come out! The wait is killing me :shakefist:

Finally someone with brain  :)

They are so obsessed with (easy) .... "cof cof cof"  .... platinum's sometimes they forget that part of the fun :)

Don't care if it has a plat or not, but I'm annoyed over the amount of time they've been taking with the episodes. I guess I don't have the patience for a full release.  -_-

That's the attitude :)

I think they do this in order to stretch the longevity of the game!

Edited by Blood-Rose666
  • Like 1

I don't think you guys quite understand how this works but, there will be no platinum. Not yet anyway, and not for the digital version either. TellTale will periodically release their other 4 episodes over time, charging you $4.99 ech time, giving each episode the same amount of trophies until the last episode. Then, a few months later when the hype igone, they'll release all 5 episodes on disc and give it a platinum, just to get you to buy it again.

Sounds pretty plausible..

Is this what happened with Season 1? 

That was probably the best way to market the first walking dead by putting an easy platinum on it to lure trophy hunters in personally I did the same but the story reeled me in more so I didn't care that season 2 had a platinum this time around I just want the story.