Warning: Do not buy this game

hmmmm... I'm quite not surprised with the negative feedback... didn't expected much from an AT game after playing the first one... **still can't get over with 100%ing a game in 7 hours**... but it's weird.. I tend to go with long game yet boring than fun but short games... might still pick it up if it is again in sale and I don't have a game to play anymore... 

Edited by jeieem

I tend to try and avoid games based off of movies or tv shows. There are some exceptions though.

edit: Just watched a video and I see what you mean about repetitive :S

Yeah, I used to have the same philosophy on licensed games too but honestly, I've seen improvement this generation on some of those titles.

• 2 weeks later...

it is really repetitive, But I like how all the trophies are named after adventure time episodes. And the game is more fun when one of your friends are playing with you. but if you want this game to play by yourself, you're not going to have much fun as I got bored of it within the 15th dungeon and realized I spent 40 pound on some flash game... but it's fun and good if you have nothing else to do though  :lol:

It's a rogue-lite with Adventure Time fan-service. My wife and I really enjoyed it together because we're both Adventure Time fans and I love how it bridged the gap between lite gameplay for her and hardcore rogue-like gameplay for me. I think people are a bit too hard on this one, but I understand why some people can be so opposed to this game in a time where next-gen graphics and the like exist.

• Like 1

My wife, son and I are all big Adventure Time fans so I still plan on picking this up someday but it is a shame it turned out like this. I think it is very possible to make an awesome Adventure Time game (open world RPG would be even more awesome) and it seems like the developers stay very true to the source material and genuinely care about it too. Hopefully we'll get an awesome game one day.

Parker 

It's a rogue-lite with Adventure Time fan-service. My wife and I really enjoyed it together because we're both Adventure Time fans and I love how it bridged the gap between lite gameplay for her and hardcore rogue-like gameplay for me. I think people are a bit too hard on this one, but I understand why some people can be so opposed to this game in a time where next-gen graphics and the like exist.

It probably is that for some people, but it definitely isn't the case for me. I love it when people can make a game with simple graphics be so fun.

If you're into this style I really recommend Anodyne and Volgarr the Viking.

My wife, son and I are all big Adventure Time fans so I still plan on picking this up someday but it is a shame it turned out like this. I think it is very possible to make an awesome Adventure Time game (open world RPG would be even more awesome) and it seems like the developers stay very true to the source material and genuinely care about it too. Hopefully we'll get an awesome game one day.

Parker 

Playing it on multiplayer seems like the optimal way to have fun while playing this game. I played it with my little brother and found it a bit more enjoyable.

I was thinking of getting this later. Looked like a fun platinum with a new game. Watch a video. Oh god why. The sad thing is I love Adventure time. Oh, well...

Yeah :/

I know games based on TV shows/movies/books are usually disappointing but I really thought it looked like they had something good here.

• 4 weeks later...