Is the game finished now?

DaveMcDamage

2 hours ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

Wow Thanks for the info about a 2nd wave of DLC. I was planning on getting it this month as I thought the game was finally complete. I will wait another year till the game has no more DLC and cost 20 euros or less. They are really so stupid, I could have bought their crap 79.99 euros day 1 if there was no DLC but they wanna be greedy so f. them.

Valhalla is the second most profitable game Ubisoft ever produced. But yes, they are stupid because they did not make you specifically to buy it  ? Also, greedy how? Both DLCs were good, not Origins level good though, but still good. Mastery Challenge was fun and there is a lot of other free content I did not even play. Though, if producing DLCs automatically means the company is being greedy, no need to reply.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

It's far more profitable for them to release digital DLCs over years rather than new games BUT is it better for the players ? The game was glitchy asf especially on PC when it was released, many people got to wait for patch, then after finishing the main quest, how do you enjoy the story when you go back to the game every 3 months to play 8 hours of DLCs between other games instead of all at once. They certainly made money and took advantage of the new consoles coming right at the same time but i know a lot of AC fans who still have not touched the game because they want the whole experience, not a 150-200$ game you go back to from time to time even tho you completely lost track of the story. If you like your game split in 10 pieces over 2 years and being milked by Ubisoft, very good for you 1f606.png1f44d.png, but i know this AC valhalla is considered very average in terms of quality and not just because of glitches. So instead of planning 2 years of DLCs to make easy money just like EA sells tons of FUT coins or Epic sells V bucks, they could have improved the main game or work on another franchise. Quality decreases, we get to pay twice the original price for a tiny bit more content if we want 100% of the game while also waiting 2 years for the whole story and some idiots applaud 1f44f.png1f605.png ... That's why when a new game like Tales of Arise comes out and the devs say : "no DLC, our game is complete Day 1", everyone is now surprised .....

I can't comment on glitches. I bought the game a few months after launch. I got Platinum after 120 hours while encountering like 3 glitches - torch flame disappeared a few times, some weird stuff with a horse I'm used to from Witcher 3 and I needed to restart a side-quest once. I consider this pretty good for a game this size developed during the peak of a pandemic being in the software development myself. I understand this is after one of the bigger patches, so I do NOT say other people buying Valhalla day 1 did not have a different experience, but the game is far from a mess.

Regarding the so-called whole experience argument. Usually, I don't like the "dollars per hour" mentality to judge a quality of a game, but I've played Valhalla for 120 hours! I mean the length of the game alone was the reason I almost did not buy it! How much more complete game do you want? Let's say I would not hunt trophies, I would get 80 hours of it. Even if I would care only about story stuff, I would still probably get 40 hours out of it.

Also, I take it you did not play DLCs? Both DLCs are standalone stories. The main storyline is finished with the main game, hence nobody is forcing you to buy DLCs to finish the main storyline. Also, if I would consider the main game NOT a finished product, I would never buy any DLC for it.

Do I need to react to the part where you called me an idiot or is there a possibility to discuss like adults?

46 minutes ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

That's why when a new game like Tales of Arise comes out and the devs say : "no DLC, our game is complete Day 1", everyone is now surprised .....

I take it you did not play Tales of Arise either? I enjoyed it very much but the possibility of future DLCs is literally referenced in the trophy descriptions. Yet the main story is finished, so no issue with that. Same as Valhalla.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

It's far more profitable for them to release digital DLCs over years rather than new games BUT is it better for the players ? The game was glitchy asf especially on PC when it was released, many people got to wait for patch, then after finishing the main quest, how do you enjoy the story when you go back to the game every 3 months to play 8 hours of DLCs between other games instead of all at once. They certainly made money and took advantage of the new consoles coming right at the same time but i know a lot of AC fans who still have not touched the game because they want the whole experience, not a 150-200$ game you go back to from time to time even tho you completely lost track of the story. If you like your game split in 10 pieces over 2 years and being milked by Ubisoft, very good for you 1f606.png1f44d.png, but i know this AC valhalla is considered very average in terms of quality and not just because of glitches. So instead of planning 2 years of DLCs to make easy money just like EA sells tons of FUT coins or Epic sells V bucks, they could have improved the main game or work on another franchise. Quality decreases, we get to pay twice the original price for a tiny bit more content if we want 100% of the game while also waiting 2 years for the whole story and some idiots applaud 1f44f.png1f605.png ... That's why when a new game like Tales of Arise comes out and the devs say : "no DLC, our game is complete Day 1", everyone is now surprised .....

I'm one of those people. Ubisoft is just milking this franchise at this point. It's blatantly obvious.

18 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

I can't comment on glitches. I bought the game a few months after launch. I got Platinum after 120 hours while encountering like 3 glitches - torch flame disappeared a few times, some weird stuff with a horse I'm used to from Witcher 3 and needed to restart side-quest once. Regarding the so-called whole experience. I've played the game for 120 hours! How much more complete game do you want? I mean, let's say I would not hunt trophies, I would get 80 hours of it. Even if I would care only about story stuff, I would still probably get 40 hours out of it. Also, I take it you did not play DLCs? DLCs are standalone stories. The main storyline is finished with the main game, hence nobody is forcing you to buy DLCs to finish the story.

Do I need to react to the part where you called me an idiot or is there a possibility to act like adults?

I think you're the one here who is acting less mature on this thread.

You think more hours into a game means it's better. It doesn't work that way.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was high quality all around. The story was excellent, there was real character progression, the lore was rich, the open world was teeming with content that wasn't just cut, dry and paste. Sure, some of the side content in the game could of been a bit better, but it was an original experience. The two expansion packs were very high quality. Your dialogue choices actually mattered (which resulted in missable trophies), gear sets were more unique and the skill tree allowed for variety. Plus, even on Death March difficulty (the highest difficulty) you could take on monsters several levels higher than your own with the right strategies and setup.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey and likely Valhalla don't work in that fashion. A lot of side content is utterly cookie cutter. Valhalla forces you to go after a bunch of useless collectibles and other garbage for the platinum. For the 100% they make you go after even more collectibles for the two story DLCs.

The story is all over the place. It's not Assassin's Creed anymore as much as it is now a franchise trying to cash in on what's popular. The massive open world experience like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Far Cry 6 is what makes the big bucks. I would be happier if Ubisoft would get the idea of shrinking the size of their open world games a bit so they are a bit more compact. Right now I just see a game that is littered to the brim with filler, most of it trivial and not adding to the story or lore of the Assassin's Creed franchise.

People can say what they will on the old Assassin's Creed games, but they had a far better purpose. Social stealth, hidden blades, assassinations that took thinking and creativity, and the general Assassin vs Templar story arc all seems to be tossed aside in favor of loot open world, mythology, action RPG with some Witcher 3 esque quests and dialogue. Unfortunately, Odyssey and Valhalla have lower quality quests than those found in The Witcher 3.

Assassin's Creed went from a distinct, unique gaming franchise to one that the market wanted to see, a Witcher 3 clone with microtransactions and lootboxes to make more money.

Edited by AJ_Radio
added some input
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I think you're the one here who is acting less mature on this thread.

How is that? Legit question. I presented my argument without insulting anybody having a different opinion.

You think more hours into a game means it's better. It doesn't work that way.

I do not. Sorry, it is taking me long to finish a post since English is not my native language. You quoted my initial post before the latest edit.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was high quality all around. The story was excellent, there was real character progression, the lore was rich, the open world was teeming with content that wasn't just cut, dry and paste. Sure, some of the side content in the game could of been a bit better, but it was an original experience. The two expansion packs were very high quality. Your dialogue choices actually mattered (which resulted in missable trophies), gear sets were more unique and the skill tree allowed for variety. Plus, even on Death March difficulty (the highest difficulty) you could take on monsters several levels higher than your own with the right strategies and setup.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey and likely Valhalla don't work in that fashion. A lot of side content is utterly cookie cutter. Valhalla forces you to go after a bunch of useless collectibles and other garbage for the platinum. For the 100% they make you go after even more collectibles for the two story DLCs.

Is Witcher 3 and its DLCs much better game? Yes, in my opinion. Odyssey is the second reason I almost did NOT buy Valhalla initially. I didn't like Odyssey.

Assassin's Creed went from a distinct, unique gaming franchise to one that the market wanted to see, a Witcher 3 clone with microtransactions and lootboxes to make more money.

Assassin's Creed 2, Origins and Valhalla are my top 3 favorites. So, not really a fact. Everybody has a different preference. Regarding the microtransactions. I know they exist in AC. Because of internet. The menu is so well hidden.

Edited by BloodyRutz

3 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Yes. Odyssey is the second reason I initially almost did not buy Valhalla. I didn't like it.

Assassin's Creed 2, Origins and Valhalla are my top 3 favorites.

You made absolutely no sense here at all.

4 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Assassin's Creed 2, Origins and Valhalla are my top 3 favorites. So, not really a fact. Everybody has a different preference. Regarding the microtransactions. I know they exist in AC. Because of internet. The menu is so well hidden.

No. Microtransactions exist because they make the company that pushes them out more money. And to be fair, they're quite easy to find in the Assassin's Creed games.

On 11/3/2021 at 11:38 AM, AJ_Radio said:

You made absolutely no sense here at all.

I consider Witcher 3 and its DLCs being superior to AC games.

I did not like Odyssey to the point I thought I'm not gonna like Valhalla thinking it will be more of the same.

I decided to purchase Valhalla in the end.

I was pleasantly surprised by Valhalla.

Valhalla is now in my TOP 3 favorite AC games, the rest of them being AC 2 and Origins.

Better?

Edit: It made perfect sense if you are not looking only for counter arguments. It was merely my opinion on mentioned games. Also, my initial point was not to convince somebody that Valhalla is a quality game - no need to compare it to Witcher at all. Just that I consider the main game finished in terms of content.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 2

So, if I may add my input regarding Valhalla, as a person who bought it day 2 ...since I see you fellas getting heated on this topic :D 

1 hour ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

It's far more profitable for them to release digital DLCs over years rather than new games BUT is it better for the players ? The game was glitchy asf especially on PC when it was released, many people got to wait for patch, then after finishing the main quest, how do you enjoy the story when you go back to the game every 3 months to play 8 hours of DLCs between other games instead of all at once. They certainly made money and took advantage of the new consoles coming right at the same time but i know a lot of AC fans who still have not touched the game because they want the whole experience, not a 150-200$ game you go back to from time to time even tho you completely lost track of the story. If you like your game split in 10 pieces over 2 years and being milked by Ubisoft, very good for you ??, but i know this AC valhalla is considered very average in terms of quality and not just because of glitches. 

That's what I felt after the end of the story, DLC1 with the druids and the Mastery Challenges included. And honestly I feel like a dumbass for buying this game when it launched AND investing in the DLC Season Pass 1, but eh I've done worse investments before. Lesson learned!

Problem with Valhalla from my point of view was that it started rather strong then it did a Leap of Faith into the pavement with the story and gameplay. Even compared to Odyssey, the story made me legit go "what does this even have to do with the Assassins anymore?" and gameplay related...stealth is absolutely useless in this game and this game has one of the worst parkour implementations in any AC game. And I mean it, AC2 had better parkour even if it was limited by the time. 

And yes, not to mention the crazy amount of bugs and glitches. They were fixed MONTHS after released, no day-one patch. I still had the Jotunheim mitten glitch 1.5 months after starting the game - if you know the specific main quest, entering that giant glove BEFORE the main questline objective (i love exploring, ok?), you are perma-locked out of that area and you have to revert to a previous save file if you wish to access that section when the main quest sends you there. If you don't have that save file...tough luck.

Don't even get me on the Mastery Challenge DLC at launch, whoever played it knows of that infamous Wolf Trial at the mines where the enemies just suicided, thus preventing you from getting a gold medal. You really had to play in a weird fashion in order for the last enemies to not jump off the ledge and kill themselves. And Ubisoft instead of fixing the issue just lowered the point requirement xD classic Ubisoft.

Now regarding the DLC...if you don't care about the AC Lore at all, yes, the story kinda ends at the end of the main game, that's it, have fun, Vikingr saga is over. BUT, as most might know from the previous Origins and Odyssey, it's the DLC who actually link one to the other. Not gonna spoil anything, but if you want to see how Origins and Odyssey (and probably in the near future Valhalla too...I hope) are linked to the grand Assassin scheme from the title...better play the DLC.

And finally, Siege of Paris was the only instance where I truly felt like an assassin with the multiple assassination opportunities from AC Unity (one of the few good points of that game). Plus the story finally gave abit more depth to Eivor. And to be honest? If it ended right here with Eivor meditating on his own fate and place in the world, I would have been fine. But nope, more DLC is coming out, Season Pass 2-3-whatever with more opportunities to implement random ideas in an already bloated game. Like...Ubisoft can you simply leave this game end its cycle and focus on that Infinity or whatever dumb stuff you are trying with the series? Eivor is tired.

My advice as an AC fan for other AC fans that haven't purchased Valhalla yet ( @AJ_Radio you are one for sure xD ) - WAIT! As much as it takes, wait for Ubisoft to release all their stupid season passes and updates and Yules and patches and whatever. Once they focus on Infinity and forget about this game entirely to the point where the entire bundle is -70% as a discount, THEN it's the time to buy and enjoy the Viking saga. Else you will have to deal with a ton of bugs, glitches, crashes and crazy load times until patches are released.

Or don't. It's only my opinion here ? I will buy these DLCs and share my opinion about them, so you won't have to xD 

P.S. Microtransactions won't jump in your face like in Odyssey, BUT god forbid you press a wrong button in the main menu (I accidentally pressed right on d-pad or something) - WANNA BUY A HORSE? WHAT ABOUT A LASER STEERING WHEEL FOR YOUR LONGSHIP? How about 10000000000 resources even if they are piss easy to get? OR EXP?WANT EXP? So yes, Microtransactions are still there. Just hidden a bit better.

Never forget, raiding has no purpose in this game if you don't do it Tokyo Drift style?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Copanele said:

So, if I may add my input regarding Valhalla, as a person who bought it day 2 ...since I see you fellas getting heated on this topic :D 

That's what I felt after the end of the story, DLC1 with the druids and the Mastery Challenges included. And honestly I feel like a dumbass for buying this game when it launched AND investing in the DLC Season Pass 1, but eh I've done worse investments before. Lesson learned!

Problem with Valhalla from my point of view was that it started rather strong then it did a Leap of Faith into the pavement with the story and gameplay. Even compared to Odyssey, the story made me legit go "what does this even have to do with the Assassins anymore?" and gameplay related...stealth is absolutely useless in this game and this game has one of the worst parkour implementations in any AC game. And I mean it, AC2 had better parkour even if it was limited by the time. 

And yes, not to mention the crazy amount of bugs and glitches. They were fixed MONTHS after released, no day-one patch. I still had the Jotunheim mitten glitch 1.5 months after starting the game - if you know the specific main quest, entering that giant glove BEFORE the main questline objective (i love exploring, ok?), you are perma-locked out of that area and you have to revert to a previous save file if you wish to access that section when the main quest sends you there. If you don't have that save file...tough luck.

Don't even get me on the Mastery Challenge DLC at launch, whoever played it knows of that infamous Wolf Trial at the mines where the enemies just suicided, thus preventing you from getting a gold medal. You really had to play in a weird fashion in order for the last enemies to not jump off the ledge and kill themselves. And Ubisoft instead of fixing the issue just lowered the point requirement xD classic Ubisoft.

Now regarding the DLC...if you don't care about the AC Lore at all, yes, the story kinda ends at the end of the main game, that's it, have fun, Vikingr saga is over. BUT, as most might know from the previous Origins and Odyssey, it's the DLC who actually link one to the other. Not gonna spoil anything, but if you want to see how Origins and Odyssey (and probably in the near future Valhalla too...I hope) are linked to the grand Assassin scheme from the title...better play the DLC.

And finally, Siege of Paris was the only instance where I truly felt like an assassin with the multiple assassination opportunities from AC Unity (one of the few good points of that game). Plus the story finally gave abit more depth to Eivor. And to be honest? If it ended right here with Eivor meditating on his own fate and place in the world, I would have been fine. But nope, more DLC is coming out, Season Pass 2-3-whatever with more opportunities to implement random ideas in an already bloated game. Like...Ubisoft can you simply leave this game end its cycle and focus on that Infinity or whatever dumb stuff you are trying with the series? Eivor is tired.

My advice as an AC fan for other AC fans that haven't purchased Valhalla yet ( @AJ_Radio you are one for sure xD ) - WAIT! As much as it takes, wait for Ubisoft to release all their stupid season passes and updates and Yules and patches and whatever. Once they focus on Infinity and forget about this game entirely to the point where the entire bundle is -70% as a discount, THEN it's the time to buy and enjoy the Viking saga. Else you will have to deal with a ton of bugs, glitches, crashes and crazy load times until patches are released.

Or don't. It's only my opinion here 1f602.png I will buy these DLCs and share my opinion about them, so you won't have to xD 

P.S. Microtransactions won't jump in your face like in Odyssey, BUT god forbid you press a wrong button in the main menu (I accidentally pressed right on d-pad or something) - WANNA BUY A HORSE? WHAT ABOUT A LASER STEERING WHEEL FOR YOUR LONGSHIP? How about 10000000000 resources even if they are piss easy to get? OR EXP?WANT EXP? So yes, Microtransactions are still there. Just hidden a bit better.

Never forget, raiding has no purpose in this game if you don't do it Tokyo Drift style1f60e.png

fully agree dude. AC Valhalla trophies are a pain to go back to as I do not remember the story at all and what happens so I'm playing the game without knowing whats happening basically. Btw good profile

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

Wow Thanks for the info about a 2nd wave of DLC. I was planning on getting it this month as I thought the game was finally complete. I will wait another year till the game has no more DLC and cost 20 euros or less. They are really so stupid, I could have bought their crap 79.99 euros day 1 if there was no DLC but they wanna be greedy so f. them.

F them for supporting the game, f them for making new content.  Greedy assholes and their free content.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Once they focus on Infinity and forget about this game entirely to the point where the entire bundle is -70% as a discount, THEN it's the time to buy and enjoy the Viking saga. Else you will have to deal with a ton of bugs, glitches, crashes and crazy load times until patches are released.

As I said. Everybody can have a different opinion about the quality of the game, Ubisoft's business practices, etc. I'm not trying to convince anybody Valhalla is the best game ever made. But I'm struggling to believe I was the luckiest person alive only encountering a few minor bugs in 120+ hours I spent with the game. Maybe (probably) it was the case during launch, but the game is far from a technical mess everybody tries to put it here.

Edited by BloodyRutz

18 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

As I said. Everybody can have a different opinion about the quality of the game, Ubisoft's business practices, etc. I'm not trying to convince anybody Valhalla is the best game ever made. But I'm struggling to believe I was the luckiest person alive only encountering a few minor bugs in 120+ hours I spent with the game. Maybe (probably) it was the case during launch, but the game is far from a technical mess everybody tries to put it here.

Fair enough, to be honest every AC game is a wild experience for every individual xD I was also just saying my opinion and experience with the game both at launch and now. In no way am I judging anyone if they like this game, in fact I am kinda glad that you got the fun for the money's worth! Means the game fulfilled its purpose!

Problem is, for MY copy of the game, even when I booted up the game for the Siege of Paris DLC 2 months ago or so (or whenever it was), I was hell knows where in the main game and my boy Eivor did a crazy number of spins and steps before finally deciding to climb in the longboat so I can sail to Ravensthorpe. I just assumed that Ubisoft fixed a number of bugs and caused others, as they usually do.

Of course, they can iron out everything and make the game be a mad fun experience like AC Odyssey (I legit encountered very minor bugs there after 120+ hours of play, so yeah, IT CAN BE DONE! But I played that game an year after launch). I just don't feel that this is their final product yet.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 0:18 AM, Copanele said:

I just don't feel that this is their final product yet.

There's that footage on another expansion which I don't even know counts for the year two DLC. I'm already saying you will need to buy a second Season Pass to access the DLC coming out next year.

On 9/23/2021 at 7:37 AM, matigrosso91 said:

Regarding content, the game is not over yet. They'll release a second year of content.

https://screenrant.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-ubisoft-second-year/

Yes. That article references this one. Ubisoft seems excited about both the second year of Valhalla content and Assassin's Creed Infinity, its new online service.

http://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/assassins-creed-valhallas-second-year-of-content-will-surprise-players-says-ubisoft/