Your weakness in trophy hunting.

DoktaC4ibby

Collectibles that aren't worth of your time. 

LBP2, LBPK, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman arkham Assylum I guess. Just to mention a few of them

MP trophies, mainly because I have a crappy connection, wich I share with ny neghbor,  that means I can only play at certain times of the day, wich make them last longer that they should be. I know Persona 4 Arena trophies are going to be a pain to obtain with my crappy connection, but it's the price I have to pay....

for me MP trophies are "easy" the pain is when you try to download games or new patches for games my internet connection It's slow like hell when downloading.

You need skills and luck to obtain most of the MP trophies out there

-(Local) Multiplayer trophies, mainly because I don't have a second controller yet. (Got my PS3 in December)

-Online trophies, especially multiplayer. Don't have any games with multiplayer online trophies yet - or really any multiplayer online games(I do have some other online trophies through, like "upload a song to the servers" ect) but they sound annoying. (Plus, it's gonna suck when the servers eventually go down, making you unable to EVER get that trophy if you get it years and years after release...)

Otherwise, any "grinding" trophies. Get X amount of points, buy all the things for the shop (requiring you to grind points/money/ect.) I mainly bother to do these in games I like. Annoying because while they're technically easy enough to do, you just have to do the same thing you know how to do over and over, it takes a lot of time and most of the time just gets really tedious and boring to do.

-Oh, and I'm not sure what to call this kind, but... for example, in Hatsune Miku: Project Diva, there's a trophy that requires you to have seen every picture on the loading screens. There's 168 pictures (not counting "extra" ones added in the PS3 version, which don't count for the trophy... but these also have just as much chance of showing up)in all, and you get a random one each time the loading screen shows up... needless to say, if you're just missing one or two there's a very low chance of getting exactly the one you need. In the end, I was missing just 2 pictures, so I had to sit for almost an hour clicking back and forth between the menus. I guess "luck/chance-based" ones? Anything luck/chance-based rather than skill.

-Any "missable" trophies (with no replaying levels), for example for collectibles, where you'll have to start and play the story all over again to get it (unless it's a story meant to be played several times, with various choices/scenes ect.) On a similar note, this goes for any collectibles (trophy or not) WITHOUT being able to replay levels too, I like collectibles but I want to be able to try again for them on the same save file in case I don't get everything at once/just want to get that damn level done and get on with the game.

-DLC. Good thing you don't need it for platinums. (From what I've heard, some 360 games with DLC achievements require the DLC for 100% completion?)

Now, I haven't actually experienced a lot of these kinds in the games I have so far, but from what I've heard and what I can imagine... yeah, those sound pretty damn annoying.

Edited by Zanreo

-DLC. Good thing you don't need it for platinums. (From what I've heard, some 360 games with DLC achievements require the DLC for 100% completion?)

They would, since 100% completion is very similar to what we consider "completion" on PSNP. Thats why I like trophies, plats tell you how many core games one has beaten.

I completely hate multiplayer trophies.

Why can't every game be awesome like Uncharted and make the only Plat-required online trophies something like "trying out" multiplayer?

Then there are those insanely time consuming trophies like maxing out every character without a good farming battle (100+ hours on Final Fantasy XIII and every character still has 2 full classes to be upgraded.)

Or those impossible ones (Metal Gear Solid 4: "Sounds Of The Battlefield")

• Like 1

Since the title is 'your weakness in trophy hunting' and not 'what kind of trophies do you hate?' my weakness tends to be distractions.

I'll start playing a game with the intention to get the Plat, then about halfway through I want to play another game so I start playing something else and never really get any Plats in the end.

This happens pretty much every time.

I also hate multiplayer/online trophies~

• Like 1

I HAVE NO WEAKNESSES JK :)

online trophies, missable trophies, unobtainable trophies, grinding trophies, glitched trophies, all my weaknesses

the Street Fighter games, Those character trials, where you have to do insane combos, i'll never get those

and that one C to shining C online trophy, i don't like playing SF online that much

Edited by EmmettXIV