Im done with this game lol (GTA3)

I refuse to play this new version of the trilogy so as not to ruin the good memories with these games, if you are playing for the first time then unfortunately your experience will be crap, especially in this version. I believe the original versions didn't return to the Playstation store after being delisted, so all that's left is to play this crap or find another way to play the originals on another platform.

the game that has aged the best is SA, VC and III are quite archaic and you need to keep that in mind.

I think the remaster was ok. There’s a YouTube video that goes in depth why it lost some of the vibes of the original game mostly related with the colors and filters

I had to stop playing because I didn’t like that I had to unlock the cities one at the time making it take longer to collect the packages and do the stunt jumps. The story was actually good and I have to add that I was playing with PsNow and I wasn’t gonna have time to platinum so I decided to stop 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/31/2022 at 6:09 AM, depresso-cat said:

What so bad about these Remasters? The guide mentions constant crashes, yet the game didn't  crash once in ~70h. Bug-wise, I've seen an upside down car casually floating in the sky once, and once while doing paramedic mission I've been launched into stratosphere by a taxi bumping into me, otherwise no problems.

I believe updates fixed most of the initial problems.

That being said, the my only experience with this game before was almost 20 years ago, trying to play it on PC, but my Pentium 133 couldn't quite handle it1f600.png

Sure it is dated, but I find it very much playable. And yes, you might as well play any modern game, as GTA3 is like a blueprint on which a lot has been done since.

I refuse to believe you don't know why this collection is so hated. This collection is the worst excuse for a remaster in the history of video games. It was released in a completely unplayable state, and was riddled with thousands of glitches and bizarre design decisions that made the games look and play WORSE. 

But in case you need a reminder...

Given how *public* this utter disgrace of a collection is I can only surmise that you have chosen to be willfully ignorant of its complete failure.

Edited by Remilia Scarlet
  • Like 2

Thought they were alright tbh. Loved each one, gave me great memories. Apart from the rain, which they had patched by the time I finished III, they played and looked exactly as I remembered. No glitches or bugs. 3 plats and a couple of months later, I was very happy.

• Like 3

On 1/31/2022 at 6:09 AM, depresso-cat said:

What so bad about these Remasters? The guide mentions constant crashes, yet the game didn't  crash once in ~70h. Bug-wise, I've seen an upside down car casually floating in the sky once, and once while doing paramedic mission I've been launched into stratosphere by a taxi bumping into me, otherwise no problems.

That being said, the my only experience with this game before was almost 20 years ago, trying to play it on PC, but my Pentium 133 couldn't quite handle it1f600.png

Sure it is dated, but I find it very much playable. And yes, you might as well play any modern game, as GTA3 is like a blueprint on which a lot has been done since.

They launched in a terrible state and for many, first impressions are everything. Thus, even if they are generally fixed, no one will acknowledge them. I played the game at launch, and besides crashing like 20 times in about 30 hrs and some minor graphical bugs, it ran great. I would imagine it far more stable nowadays. I played both VC and SA after the patches and they didn't crash at all, so I'd assume 3 is fine now too.

On some level, I think people are honestly going out of their way to trigger bugs in a lot of the videos you see and make it seem like it's more common than it is. I never had anything similar occur across getting all 3 plats, but there are a few character models that are...special.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

What’s the end goal of a post like this one?

[...]

TBH, hostility aside, I did ask why these remasters are getting so much hate, and appreciate the time @Remilia Scarlet took to look up and post these videos. 

Just watch one video comparing GTA 3. For one, I'm willing to bet they are not using vanilla, pre-patched version of original GTA3. That's no excuse of course. Some of the details pointed out in the video seem inconsequential to me, but I did notice floating textures and odd fence physics. 

As for remasters playing worse than OG... @Remilia Scarlet have you really played original? My memory is fuzzy, as I played these games around the time they came out, but I remember GTA3 played like sh*t compared to Vice City and I never went back to it.

I still think that most of hate comes from people who haven't played originals and had unrealistic expectations. But at the same time I agree - with all the resources Rockstar has and how historically important these games are, they should have done much much better "Definitive Editions".

Edited by depresso-cat
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

What’s the end goal of a post like this one?

Dude liked the game…

…Isn’t that a good thing? :dunno:

He played 70 hours, and had fun… since when did that become something that needs to be ‘corrected’?

I mean, for real - what is a win for you in this scenario?

Oh, okay, cheers, you’ve convinced me… I’ll just pop back in time and not enjoy it this time…”? 1f602.png

For sure, you don’t have to love the ports, many don’t, but if someone did, what is the value of pissing in their chips?

I didn't mean for my post to come off as hostile. I'm just an incredibly blunt person and I just find it highly unlikely that anyone who plays video ganes enough to be on a site like this would not understand why this collection was trashed. Also I never said anything about him enjoying the games or suggested that it was wrong to. 

1 hour ago, depresso-cat said:

TBH, hostility aside, I did ask why these remasters are getting so much hate, and appreciate the time @Remilia Scarlet took to look up and post these videos. 

Just watch one video comparing GTA 3. For one, I'm willing to bet they are not using vanilla, pre-patched version of original GTA3. That's no excuse of course. Some of the details pointed out in the video seem inconsequential to me, but I did notice floating textures and odd fence physics. 

As for remasters playing worse than OG... @Remilia Scarlet have you really played original? My memory is fuzzy, as I played these games around the time they came out, but I remember GTA3 played like sh*t compared to Vice City and I never went back to it.

I still think that most of hate comes from people who haven't played originals and had unrealistic expectations. But at the same time I agree - with all the resources Rockstar has and how historically important these games are, they should have done much much better "Definitive Editions".

The hostility was unintentional. I could have used some better wording for sure, but it wasn't my intention to come off as hostile. For that I apologize.

Edited by Remilia Scarlet
  • Like 3

some like to follow what some rando youtuber says to a T, but little do they know the youtuber buys and plays the game regardless, and encounters none of the bugs whilst profiting from the anger of moronic sheep. ultimately when a tuber plays theese games they very rarely encounter the bugs you see in game, especially when a tuber is giving credit to another for their bug. 

but mostly theese OMG bug videos are montages of 30 individuals that played in 1.0 or pre launch states. also there is the fact that someone data mined or something that it was originally a mobile game. That irked people. but any issues they had months ago would be fixed now, just be glad *someone* enjoyed it if you didn't.

I personally had no interest because like every rockstar remaster ever made I knew it would be shit. the Mafia remaster was MWAH BELLISSIMO and rockstar don't have the will to release a remaster that good.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 31/01/2022 at 1:09 PM, depresso-cat said:

They still didn't apparently fix the Purple Nines glitch. As far as going for 100 % completion goes, that's the worst.

Edited by Antiristus

• 1 month later...

Just finished my platinum run following TugaSonic's guide and I had a blast. I can't imagine how horrid it must've been during the initial release. There were some minor mishaps here and there (textures and a few frame drops) but no game-breaking bugs or anything rage inducing. I do agree with the critiques of the archaic controls, general gameplay (on-foot) and lack of QoL changes though.

• 3 months later...

I'm starting to be more annoyed by this.. Vigilante missions done with rhino tank, hitting the simple lights post at low speed it makes the tank goes upside down. Also the "Full Artillery" trophy seems to be glitched cause I've used all of the weapons already and the trophy didn't pop