So how is it?

willmill97

On 2/6/2022 at 8:29 AM, mega-tallica said:

When you don't consume yourself and worry about trophies while playing it, the game is actually quite good. 

It's far more enjoyable to play the game for fun the first go around and then worry about trophies after if you think you want to go for platinum. Playing the game for fun, what a shocking concept, huh? 

what a shock some people think playing for trophies is fun.  amazing! Wondered why we invest 1000's of hours in it.  You'd think we were doing it to be miserable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GTAJJ said:

That is a fair point in contrast with games like Fallout or The Outer Worlds. While I haven't completed it yet, from what I gathered, this game doesn't seem to have the longevity that a game such as Fallout has. I'm still in the first area and I feel every second building I enter, is the same model. This isn't specifically about the trophies but general open world gameplay mechanics and progression where the player is capped for simply playing the game, 126/2 = 63, so a player could not even maxing out either and running out of inhibitors, thus forcing a third playthrough of the game if you don't save scum it. Compare that to Fallout where your given a specific amount of SPECIAL points at the start but you then CAN go collect bobble heads and comics that bump you up to max. The option is in the game for the player to max themselves whereas here, you are forced to pick one or the other, despite if you're doing trophies or not.

Mafia III doesn't need to make you replay much of your second playthrough.

The game is pretty big with a lot to do, it's easily a 50+ hour game to complete similar to the Fallout games. 

In Mafia III, you have to flip all racket bosses and then kill all racket bosses and to get all of them you have to play up to the final mission in the game essentially. The only thing you can really skip is that last mission and the final 3 underboss missions on your kill list before you face Marcano, you can skip those and go right to all the racket bosses in the territories but to get there, you still need to play to the final act of the game which still takes 8+ hours to get there even if you're blasting through it going as fast as possible. I wouldn't say that's skipping much of the game. I had to playthrough the game 3 times because of glitches and bugs. Needless to say, it was not a pleasant trophy hunting experience but I'd never trash the game for that (even though many have and still are if you check out the forums for it). I actually really enjoyed the game on my initial playthrough when I wasn't concerned about trophies and I was just playing the game to play it. It was when I decided to go for the platinum on it years later is when it became no longer fun which circles back to my whole point I'm attempting to make here with this game. Trophy hunting is only fun until it isn't and there's a real fine line separating it. 

2 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

what a shock some people think playing for trophies is fun.  amazing! Wondered why we invest 1000's of hours in it.  You'd think we were doing it to be miserable.

Well yeah, judging by the comments here in this very thread I'd say you guys are doing it to be miserable. Nothing but complaining because a games trophy list doesn't concede to your standards. That's all this whole thread is. Doesn't sound like you guys are having too much fun....

• Like 2

I’ve only played a little so far but one thing is annoying me something fierce. Aiden can barely climb a 2 story ladder without running out of stamina. Like seriously? A fat 500 pound dude can climb a ladder without running out of stamina. 

I get that climbing a drain pipe should drain stamina but not a ladder. The awful part is that it will stay like that for quite some time since you can’t spend any on upgrades since you need to horde them for the two stats trophies. 

I’ve gotten all MP trophies and the 1 million $ trophy and now I will wait for a good collectible guide and more patches so the game isn’t as buggy. Guess i wont start going for plat for another 1-2 months. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Quink666 said:

I’ve only played a little so far but one thing is annoying me something fierce. Aiden can barely climb a 2 story ladder without running out of stamina. Like seriously? A fat 500 pound dude can climb a ladder without running out of stamina. 

I get that climbing a drain pipe should drain stamina but not a ladder. The awful part is that it will stay like that for quite some time since you can’t spend any on upgrades since you need to horde them for the two stats trophies. 

I’ve gotten all MP trophies and the 1 million $ trophy and now I will wait for a good collectible guide and more patches so the game isn’t as buggy. Guess i wont start going for plat for another 1-2 months. 

I have something to advise

1. Ignore Powerpyx warning and just put your stamina to level 3 (you will need it later anyway as suggested by powerpyx so invested it early to help our your early game) the game will improve significantly
2. Apparently your Level affected your stat, you can farm pakour point easily for around 10-15 level within like 1-2 hours by using skill that let you fling across obstacle by pressing R1 then L1 (cant remember its name) and do it on night time , there is one specific spot that you can farm this safely as there is there is ground on rooftop. You can even bait for chase to increase EXP.

looking at this video :  near this spot also have safe zone so you could farm it until you satisfied. (0.20 for map)

3. Now you get yourself to like Lv 3-4 , your stat also improve significantly without touching Inhibitor, you can now spend it on Parkour skill that make your life easier. also your equipment can upgrade to much stronger version than early enemy as well.

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

I think people are bitching because the game is broken and it makes the trophies, in some cases, impossible to obtain.  People are fed up with half assed releases of games and that leads to a miserable time getting the trophies.  I'm not even playing the game myself.  I didn't like the 1st one.  But you have to understand this is a trophy hunting website.  We look at gaming from a multitude of perspectives.  To some people going for full game completion is what is fun.  It should come as little to no surprise that we might expect a finished product after 7 years of development. 

The game is not broken, it runs very smoothly for the vast majority of players. Stop acting like some people having issues means the game is completely broken. That is a massive exaggeration. It's not Cyberpunk broken, not even remotely close. Trust me, I've actually played the game unlike you. 

Some trophies are glitched for some but none are 'impossible to obtain' as again, for the vast majority of players they pop no problem. And there's nothing that can't be unlocked via a 2nd playthrough if needed and regardless, it'll be patched in the near future anyway. 

You say trophy hunters look at things from multiple perspectives but the reality is, you're being completely close-minded here. You're judging the game entirely on what others are saying when you haven't even played the game yourself so what gives you the right to say with certainty the game is broken? That's a complete and utter lie. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

I think people are bitching because the game is broken and it makes the trophies, in some cases, impossible to obtain.  People are fed up with half assed releases of games and that leads to a miserable time getting the trophies.  I'm not even playing the game myself.  I didn't like the 1st one.  But you have to understand this is a trophy hunting website.  We look at gaming from a multitude of perspectives.  To some people going for full game completion is what is fun.  It should come as little to no surprise that we might expect a finished product after 7 years of development. 

10000000% agree with this statement. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

The game is not broken, it runs very smoothly for the vast majority of players. Stop acting like some people having issues means the game is completely broken. That is a massive exaggeration. It's not Cyberpunk broken, not even remotely close. Trust me, I've actually played the game unlike you. 

Some trophies are glitched for some but none are 'impossible to obtain' as again, for the vast majority of players they pop no problem. And there's nothing that can't be unlocked via a 2nd playthrough if needed and regardless, it'll be patched in the near future anyway. 

You say trophy hunters look at things from multiple perspectives but the reality is, you're being completely close-minded here. You're judging the game entirely on what others are saying when you haven't even played the game yourself so what gives you the right to say with certainty the game is broken? That's a complete and utter lie. 

When you don't consume yourself and worry about other people bitching the game is actually good. 

It's far more enjoyable to play the game for fun than bitching about other players bitching. what a shocking concept, huh?

10 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

i don't see your point.  One thing being off can completely break a game for somebody.  There are plenty of reports of players unable to progress in story and all sorts of shit.  I don't have to play the game I can read reviews and opinions and form an opinion that way.  My god so sensitive.  who the fuck wants to play a 2nd play though of a long game like that?  My, you have low expectations for quality of your games. "eventually they'll fix it and I can unlock it on a 2nd run of a 100 hour game."  You'd probably settle for a $2 hooker for a girlfriend wouldn't yah.   I played the 1st and I can assure you the franchise is nothing special.  "Runs smoothly for the vast majority of players",  huh well I guess the others who are complaining downloaded the broken fucked up copy of the game while you got the finished product.  Would you dispute the fact battlefield 2042 is a broken mess just because you didn't play it?  Everyone is lying right?  I've read a laundry list of bugs and progression glitches from dying light 2 so come up with a better argument.   

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, noyram23 said:

When you don't consume yourself and worry about other people bitching the game is actually good. 

It's far more enjoyable to play the game for fun than bitching about other players bitching. what a shocking concept, huh?

I made an innocent comment and you guys are the ones that got all butthurt over it. Probably because it's true and you know it which is why all you got left to defend your asinine opinion is sarcasm. 

12 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

i don't see your point.  One thing being off can completely break a game for somebody.  There are plenty of reports of players unable to progress in story and all sorts of shit.  I don't have to play the game I can read reviews and opinions and form an opinion that way.  My god so sensitive.  who the fuck wants to play a 2nd play though of a long game like that?  My, you have low expectations for quality of your games. "eventually they'll fix it and I can unlock it on a 2nd run of a 100 hour game."  You'd probably settle for a $2 hooker for a girlfriend wouldn't yah.   I played the 1st and I can assure you the franchise is nothing special.  "Runs smoothly for the vast majority of players",  huh well I guess the others who are complaining downloaded the broken fucked up copy of the game while you got the finished product.  Would you dispute the fact battlefield 2042 is a broken mess just because you didn't play it?  Everyone is lying right?  I've read a laundry list of bugs and progression glitches from dying light 2 so come up with a better argument.   

Where are all these endless bad reviews you speak of? I see a few bad reviews but nothing crazy and most of the bad reviews I see are people complaining about graphics and game crashes and other trivial things like usual, hardly any major widespread game-breaking issues and bugs that are leading to these bad reviews. It's got mixed reviews which is to be expected, the first one did as well. It is not a game for everybody. 

And no, you can't form an opinion based entirely on other peoples opinions. That's kinda the problem with the world today. Nobody wants to put the effort and formulate their own opinions anymore and you need others to tell you what to think. I played the game, I'm 20 hours in or so and have had no issues whatsoever. I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. I had one glitched trophy but that was it, big deal. So how can you chastise my opinion of the game when I have a first-hand positive experience with it and you've never even played it? Your whole opinion is 'well, these other people said..." And how many of those other people are also just regurgitating what others said and also never played the game themselves? Do you see the problem with blindly following reviews? It's very easy to falsify and exaggerate the negatives of a game through unverified reviews where you can't verify whether or not all these people even played the game to begin with like you. Just because a few others have had a poor experience with it doesn't mean you will as well. 

No, I wouldn't dispute whether or not Battlefield 2042 is broken. I never played it! I don't play generic FPS's. Maybe it's broken, I don't know, I don't care. It's not a game I'd ever want to play or ever have the intention of playing to begin with. My opinion is irrelevant in that matter but yet here you are doing that exact thing for this game. A game you haven't played and have no intention of ever playing but yet that's not stopping you from spewing your misinformed opinion about it as if you have. Most people are enjoying the game like myself, are they all lying based on your logic because you chose for basically no reason to side with all the people that don't like the game instead? 

No kid, I think you need to come up with a better argument. 

Edited by mega-tallica
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

Where are all these endless bad reviews you speak of? I see a few bad reviews but nothing crazy and most of the bad reviews I see are people complaining about graphics and game crashes and other trivial things like usual, hardly any major widespread game-breaking issues and bugs that are leading to these bad reviews. It's got mixed reviews which is to be expected, the first one did as well. It is not a game for everybody. 

And no, you can't form an opinion based entirely on other peoples opinions. That's kinda the problem with the world today. Nobody wants to put the effort and formulate their own opinions anymore and you need others to tell you what to think. I played the game, I'm 20 hours in or so and have had no issues whatsoever. I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. I had one glitched trophy but that was it, big deal. So how can you chastise my opinion of the game when I have a first-hand positive experience with it and you've never even played it? Your whole opinion is 'well, these other people said..." And how many of those other people are also just regurgitating what others said and also never played the game themselves? Do you see the problem with blindly following reviews? It's very easy to falsify and exaggerate the negatives of a game through unverified reviews where you can't verify whether or not all these people even played the game to begin with like you. Just because a few others have had a poor experience with it doesn't mean you will as well. 

No, I wouldn't dispute whether or not Battlefield 2042 is broken. I never played it! I don't play generic FPS's. Maybe it's broken, I don't know, I don't care. It's not a game I'd ever want to play or ever have the intention of playing to begin with. My opinion is irrelevant in that matter but yet here you are doing that exact thing for this game. A game you haven't played and have no intention of ever playing but yet that's not stopping you from spewing your misinformed opinion about it as if you have. Most people are enjoying the game like myself, are they all lying based on your logic because you chose for basically no reason to side with all the people that don't like the game instead? 

No kid, I think you need to come up with a better argument. 

My main point was we're on a trophy hunting website so people have fun trophy hunting.  Because like 1000 others before you you wanted to lecture people about playing games for fun and I was pointing out to you to many trophies are fun.  The whole purpose of reviews is to read them and form an opinion before purchasing a game "kid."   If people didn't take them into consideration they wouldn't exist.  

"I don't play generic FPS"  WHOA WHOA WHOA hold on "Kid"  how do you know it's a generic FPS YOU NEVER PLAYED IT.  

"where are these endless bad reviews i speak of"  

They are all over this site for one.  I trust what people have to say on this site.  That is why I use it and take it into consideration.  I've purchased my fair share of day one broken games and if you just took time to look at all the forum posts on this site alone you would clearly see the game is very broken and unplayable for many people.  It's not an opinion, either the game is malfunctioning and broken or it's not.

Main point is if you don't have fun trophy hunting.  Quit,  But don't come on here lecturing others about enjoyment of games.  We all get our enjoyment in different ways.  Having one trophy glitch in a 100 hour game to some people is unacceptable.  I'd be pissed.  Some people take completion kind of seriously we don't half ass out accounts just for the fun of it.  thats the problem with some people all they want to do is have fun they have no ambition.  People always have that same thing they rely on for argument.  "you haven't even played the game"  And then they go on with that same thing over and over.  Get over it i've played more zombie survival games than you know of.  Dying light isn't anything overly special.  Nice your having fun.  But as we already determined you don't expect much and it doesn't take much to please you if you except broken trash for you full price day one purchase.

"thats kinda of the problem with the world today"  I'm not sure i need you to tell me about the problems of the world today.  50/50 chance your still living in you parents basement. 

Edited by steel6burgh

2 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

My main point was we're on a trophy hunting website so people have fun trophy hunting.  Because like 1000 others before you you wanted to lecture people about playing games for fun and I was pointing out to you to many trophies are fun.  The whole purpose of reviews is to read them and form an opinion before purchasing a game "kid."   If people didn't take them into consideration they wouldn't exist.  

"where are these endless bad reviews i speak of"  

they are all over this site for one.  I trust what people have to say on this site.  that is why I use it and take it into consideration.  Main point is if you don't have fun trophy hunting.  Quit,  But don't come on here lecturing others about enjoyment of games.  We all get our enjoyment in different ways.  Having one trophy glitch in a 100 hour game to some people is unacceptable.  I'd be pissed.  Some people take completion kind of seriously we don't half ass out accounts just for the fun of it.  thats the problem with some people all they want to do is have fun they have no ambition.  People always have that same thing they rely on for argument.  "you haven't even played the game"  And then they go on with that same thing over and over.  Get over it i've played more zombie survival games than you know of.  Dying light isn't anything overly special.  Nice your having fun.  But as we already determined you don't expect much and it doesn't take much to please you if you except broken trash for you full price day one purchase.

"thats kinda of the problem with the world today"  I'm not sure i need you to tell me about the problems of the world today.  50/50 chance your still living in you parents basement. 

Yes, reviews are designed to help you form an opinion, not be your opinion entirely. There's a big difference. 

For every bad review you can find, I can find you 10 good ones, 20 probably, the ratio is that skewed. But instead you focus on the negative ones and trust those entirely instead of all the people that are giving it positive reviews and are having no issues. That's odd to me, you trust reviews but only negative ones apparently. That's because you've already had a preconceived bias that the game is not going to be good because you didn't really like the first one and now you're using these negative reviews as some kind of confirmation that what you've already fabricated in your mind is actually true. You're literally acting offended because I like a game and you don't. You have higher standards for what games should be.... sure, keep telling yourself that. At the end of the day, you can believe whatever you want, I'm not lecturing anybody and I'm obviously not going to change anybody's mind that's already been made up. I've got my opinion, you've got yours. It's just a shame so many choose to be so close-minded and attack others for having a different perspective. 

And please, we all can tell you're projecting with that momma's basement remark. The only ones that tend to say that are the ones that are themselves actually still living in their momma's basement. Keep digging that hole a little deeper, you should learn to quit while you're behind. 

10 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Yes, reviews are designed to help you form an opinion, not be your opinion entirely. There's a big difference. 

For every bad review you can find, I can find you 10 good ones, 20 probably, the ratio is that skewed. But instead you focus on the negative ones and trust those entirely instead of all the people that are giving it positive reviews and are having no issues. That's odd to me, you trust reviews but only negative ones apparently. That's because you've already had a preconceived bias that the game is not going to be good because you didn't really like the first one and now you're using these negative reviews as some kind of confirmation that what you've already fabricated in your mind is actually true. You're literally acting offended because I like a game and you don't. You have higher standards for what games should be.... sure, keep telling yourself that. At the end of the day, you can believe whatever you want, I'm not lecturing anybody and I'm obviously not going to change anybody's mind that's already been made up. I've got my opinion, you've got yours. It's just a shame so many choose to be so close-minded and attack others for having a different perspective. 

And please, we all can tell you're projecting with that momma's basement remark. The only ones that tend to say that are the ones that are themselves actually still living in their momma's basement. Keep digging that hole a little deeper, you should learn to quit while you're behind. 

I'm not arguing about your opinion of the game.  I was clearly just remarking that people get enjoyment out of hunting trophies and clarifying why some people were bitching about the game.  You seem to think only your opinion of the game matters and I think that is where the problem lies.  anyway it's really not that big of a deal.  I just get sick of people lecturing about playing games for enjoyment on a trophy website.  Take that bullshit some place else. Like your moms basement. 

1 minute ago, steel6burgh said:

I'm not arguing about your opinion of the game.  I was clearly just remarking that people get enjoyment out of hunting trophies and clarifying why some people were bitching about the game.  You seem to think only your opinion of the game matters and I think that is where the problem lies.  anyway it's really not that big of a deal.  I just get sick of people lecturing about playing games for enjoyment on a trophy website.  Take that bullshit some place else. Like your moms basement. 

So what do you want me to do? Apologize because it's not my life's 'ambition' to get 100% completion in video games like it is for you and that somehow offends you? 

All's I'll say is you have a very skewed and childish perspective on things. Since this conversation is obviously not going anywhere else at this point, I'll leave it at that. Have a good one. 

On 09/02/2022 at 8:02 AM, mega-tallica said:

So the devs come out and say their game will take 500 hours to 100% and you're telling people with glitched trophies that the solution is to just grab them on a second playthrough??

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

So the devs come out and say their game will take 500 hours to 100% and you're telling people with glitched trophies that the solution is to just grab them on a second playthrough??

Because it's not 500 hours to complete, that's a massive exaggeration and they threw out that number pretty arbitrarily and is not very accurate at all tbh. Even if you scoured every inch of the map and did everything the game has to offer, it wouldn't come close to taking 500 hours. You can 100% this game in about 60-80 hours realistically. It's only more now because there's no guides for all the collectibles. Once those come out, it will significantly lessen the time for a completionist playthrough. 

And the glitched trophies wouldn't require a 100% 2nd playthrough anyway. Just complete the requirements needed to get the trophy to pop which would obviously take a significantly less amount of time rather than going for another full 100% playthrough. Mostly only the story trophies are glitched which you can blast through the story in this game very quickly if you skip all optional side content where you would spend the majority of your time in a 100% playthrough. Or you can grab them in co-op for the time being which is what many are doing that got story trophies glitched which wouldn't require a 2nd playthrough at all.

54 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Because it's not 500 hours to complete, that's a massive exaggeration and they threw out that number pretty arbitrarily and is not very accurate at all tbh. Even if you scoured every inch of the map and did everything the game has to offer, it wouldn't come close to taking 500 hours. You can 100% this game in about 60-80 hours realistically. It's only more now because there's no guides for all the collectibles. Once those come out, it will significantly lessen the time for a completionist playthrough. 

And the glitched trophies wouldn't require a 100% 2nd playthrough anyway. Just complete the requirements needed to get the trophy to pop which would obviously take a significantly less amount of time rather than going for another full 100% playthrough. Mostly only the story trophies are glitched which you can blast through the story in this game very quickly if you skip all optional side content where you would spend the majority of your time in a 100% playthrough. Or you can grab them in co-op for the time being which is what many are doing that got story trophies glitched which wouldn't require a 2nd playthrough at all.

yeah the 500h were always just bs and I don't know why most of the people believed that.

There is currently no way to platinum this game completely solo, there are way to many bugged collectibles and quests which require to join random matches and try to aquire them in their session.

My mainsave is also completely bugged right now it reseted almost every side and mainquest and activity on the map, even Garrision looks like nothing happend again and the territories randomly switched completely to PK side. This happend after I got a disconnect while playing online in a random match. Atleast my Collectibles are still in my inventory.

The 960km Trophy is also really pain. I completed everything and got over 100h in this game but I still don't have this Trophy + I really don't understand why there are no Ingame Stats or Trophy Tracker for such a grindy achievement.

I don't believe that you can finish this game in under 100h even if there was a complete collectible guide.

Actually the 500 hours to complete everything in the game is likely absolutely correct.

They didn't say 500 hours to platinum, they said to see and do and complete everything in the game. It easily 500 hours of content. Why? Because they also didn't say using a guide or searching the internet for exploits and glitches. They would have meant legitimately with no guide, no exploits or hand holding from other people.

The collectibles alone - without using a guide - would take most people over the couple of hundred hour mark, as would many open world games that don't flag their collectibles on the map. 

So they were correct in that statement. As of right now, nobody has all the collectibles and that is with internet help.

41 minutes ago, Salt_AU said:

Actually the 500 hours to complete everything in the game is likely absolutely correct.

They didn't say 500 hours to platinum, they said to see and do and complete everything in the game. It easily 500 hours of content. Why? Because they also didn't say using a guide or searching the internet for exploits and glitches. They would have meant legitimately with no guide, no exploits or hand holding from other people.

The collectibles alone - without using a guide - would take most people over the couple of hundred hour mark, as would many open world games that don't flag their collectibles on the map. 

So they were correct in that statement. As of right now, nobody has all the collectibles and that is with internet help.

You can easily finish this game with every side quest and map activity in about 60-70h, if you just replay the missions to choose other choices just still wont be at 500h.
And after completing the game you can't even trigger 90% of the eastereggs.

Right now you wouldn't even get all collectibles even if you put 2000h into it with only one save. Because some of them just randomly disappear in your world. That's also one of the reasons why nobody has every collectible trophy. But I can confirm that every single collectible has been found. Just nobody got them all in one save.

43 minutes ago, Salt_AU said:

Yes, but still even without a guide, it will not take 500 hours to complete this game, that's absurd. There's a person in another thread who's 3 collectibles away from 100%, no guides currently for collectibles and he's just under 200 hours in having scoured the whole map already and done everything else besides finding those 3 collectibles. I highly doubt it will take him another 300 hours to find those last 3 collectibles. His playtime will end up nowhere close to 500 hours even without a guide or any 'hand-holding'. 

They threw out that 500 hour number to help market the game and it's obviously worked. 

4 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

So what do you want me to do? Apologize because it's not my life's 'ambition' to get 100% completion in video games like it is for you and that somehow offends you? 

All's I'll say is you have a very skewed and childish perspective on things. Since this conversation is obviously not going anywhere else at this point, I'll leave it at that. Have a good one. 

I've got the childish perspective? Here you are arguing with me that the game runs fine and is nearly perfect when this thread alone has a multitude of issues from a multitude of people. "Bugged collectibles bugged quests".  " No way to complete the game right now." this is just a few of the comments. 

You say yourself you need a 2nd playthrough to get the trophies yet you're going to sit and argue that the game is fine.  you completely contradict yourself and why you are arguing I really have no idea. All I got to say is you can't let go of a loosing battle. If you are finding a lot of enjoyment in the game that is great but you act like because its fine according to your, evidently, low standards everyone else should just be content and having a perfect great time.  God forbid others expect more out of their full price investment as well they should. It's their money and hard work supporting these companies.  You are the childish one my friend.  Don't say it's fine then tell us it's broken and requires a 2nd play through that makes 0 damn sense.

About the collectibles, I looked at PlayStation Trophies's guide and they're saying that you want to make a backup save before the main quest where you meet Veronica Ryan (the Known Associate trophy) because after you finish that quest is when some areas become unavailable. It's late in the game (from what I've read there's 22 main quests and the one with Veronica Ryan is the 19th). So it sounds like you can either make a backup there, get all of the other trophies and then return to that backup to finish off the collectibles or you can go around and get all the collectibles before starting that quest.

Here is a link to their guide for anyone who wants it: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/dying-light-2/guide/

On 2/4/2022 at 1:34 PM, SirShavesALot said:

There are some collectibles in the tutorial area that cannot be revisited, even in other player's games.  This is one instance where a NG+ would be helpful.  Also skills, not enough points to upgrade both trees in one playthrough.  You would need to save scum without a NG+ option.

this is sad to hear. the trophies sound like a big turn off for this game.

59 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

I've got the childish perspective? Here you are arguing with me that the game runs fine and is nearly perfect when this thread alone has a multitude of issues from a multitude of people. "Bugged collectibles bugged quests".  " No way to complete the game right now." this is just a few of the comments. 

You say yourself you need a 2nd playthrough to get the trophies yet you're going to sit and argue that the game is fine.  you completely contradict yourself and why you are arguing I really have no idea. All I got to say is you can't let go of a loosing battle. If you are finding a lot of enjoyment in the game that is great but you act like because its fine according to your, evidently, low standards everyone else should just be content and having a perfect great time.  God forbid others expect more out of their full price investment as well they should. It's their money and hard work supporting these companies.  You are the childish one my friend.  Don't say it's fine then tell us it's broken and requires a 2nd play through that makes 0 damn sense.

Yes because as I've said from the start and how this whole disaster sub conversion started; is that if you don't consume yourself with getting 100% and going for all trophies, the game is totally fine if you play the game like a normal, average gamer who just wants to play a game to have fun. The vast majority who play the game this way aren't having issues and the reception by people on non-trophy hunting websites reflect this. Most of the people moaning and complaining about issues are the trophy hunters, once again. Having bugged trophies doesn't mean the game is completely broken and unplayable. It means just that; there are bugged trophies but the game itself runs and plays relatively fine. And not for nothing, but people are more inclined to voice their negative experience online rather than those that have positive ones. Negative voices speak the loudest as they say. If you're having a good experience then there's not a whole lot of reason to post about it now is there? The negativity tends to drown it out anyway as is on display in this whole thread. 

You ever stop and think maybe your 'standards' don't reflect those of the majority of other people? No, of course not because you apparently live in your own bubble of self-righteousness. My standards are realistic and lean more on the average gamer side rather than the niche trophy hunter side. If that means my standards are 'low' in your world and I'm somehow a lesser gamer than you then fine, I don't care. Your opinion holds no value to me at this point anyway. 

You're getting so angry for no reason because you have some weird, adolescent self-righteous thing happening and apparently you just can't help it. Calm down, it's a video game man, life moves on. Put your passion into something more productive and worthwhile in your life then maybe you wouldn't be so needlessly angry all the time like arguing with a stranger online you don't even know about a video game you never played and holds no relevancy in your life whatsoever. 

Edited by mega-tallica