Preventing Autosync with PS3

VoidVictorious

4 hours ago, johncnstntn__ said:

Yes, it is. The game has to ask you to sign in and you are safe. Just be sure to sign out before exiting the game.

Should I sign out or turn off the system. I thought accessing the XMB would be an issue. Just let me know the method when you get a chance or if someone else sees this they can chip in.

I did this for a month until I have all online trophies for the game. Boot the game offline, sign in when the game asks you and sign off via XMB or just turn it off if you don't have anything else to do. Signing off via XMB is fine as long as you don't click on your gamercard or the trophy list. Accepting invites are also fine but I suggest don't idle there too much.

28 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Should I sign out or turn off the system. I thought accessing the XMB would be an issue. Just let me know the method when you get a chance or if someone else sees this they can chip in.

1 minute ago, VoidVictorious said:

It actually does auto sync. 

thats not possible, The PS3 trophy data is installed locally on the console when you start a game, one you have earned a trophy there, you should manually sync it theres no way of doing that as such (UNLEES YOU HAVE PLUS AND ACTIVATED AUTO SYNC ON THE XMB), other wise ive never experience that problem

16 minutes ago, Ghost-Zeus514 said:

thats not possible, The PS3 trophy data is installed locally on the console when you start a game, one you have earned a trophy there, you should manually sync it theres no way of doing that as such (UNLEES YOU HAVE PLUS AND ACTIVATED AUTO SYNC ON THE XMB), other wise ive never experience that problem

Yeah you can disable autosync and it still happens. Trust me. There are multiple threads about it happening. I’m glad you are somehow blessed but others like me have experienced it even when a trophy has not been earned. I’ve seen it show up with a new list for a game at 0% on my profile on the site.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost-Zeus514 said:

actually the ps3 dosent autosync you have to do it manually, that feature is exclusive with plus. so disable that in case

Yes it does auto sync, always has done and its not exclusive to Plus. 

32 minutes ago, Ghost-Zeus514 said:

thats not possible, The PS3 trophy data is installed locally on the console when you start a game. 

Wrong again. Not every game installs to the system and PS3 has 2 modes for trophies, online and offline. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ghost-Zeus514 said:

Auto syncing was added as part of one of the system OFW updates. Even if you don't have plus, some games will still auto-sync in the background, even while playing it

• Like 2

Just adding in that I've also experienced autosync on the PS3 while the system is running. I've had multiple occasions where I play a singleplayer game for long stretches of time (5+ hours) while never forcing a trophy sync via the XMB. I'll randomly F5 my profile page several hours later, while the game is still running on my console, to find out that the trophies autosynced while I was playing. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Ghost-Zeus514 said:

Just because it’s never happened to you doesn’t mean it’s “not possible”.

The PS3 does indeed auto sync trophies for your account when playing online on the PS5 with that same account, this has happened to me twice. I can’t confirm whether or not this happens with the PS4 as well, but I’m sure it does on there too. 

If you’re offline and your PS3 is turned off I don’t see why the trophies would sync then, but they definitely do if both your PS3 and PS4 and/or PS5 are all online at the same time.

You can't stop auto syncing, tbh why would you want to? Its different for each game, even offline games can auto sync. Yesterday i played and Plat NCIS and my PS3 was on for about 12hrs, no trophies auto synced. Today played a bit of Master Reboot, and every trophy has auto synced. 

12 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

You can't stop auto syncing, tbh why would you want to? Its different for each game, even offline games can auto sync. Yesterday i played and Plat NCIS and my PS3 was on for about 12hrs, no trophies auto synced. Today played a bit of Master Reboot, and every trophy has auto synced. 

I guess some people would be cautious about older titles becoming redundant before earning all online trophies, so they wish to first earn any trophy that could later become unattainable BEFORE adding the game to their profile. Personally I don’t mind, I have several unattainable trophies, and it’s quite liberating to trophy hunt without the need to obsess and restrict my gaming. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Just because it’s never happened to you doesn’t mean it’s “not possible”.

The PS3 does indeed auto sync trophies for your account when playing online on the PS5 with that same account, this has happened to me twice. I can’t confirm whether or not this happens with the PS4 as well, but I’m sure it does on there too. 

If you’re offline and your PS3 is turned off I don’t see why the trophies would sync then, but they definitely do if both your PS3 and PS4 and/or PS5 are all online at the same time.

on ps4 it happens all time

39 minutes ago, Shinoda_2qx said:

I guess some people would be cautious about older titles becoming redundant before earning all online trophies, so they wish to first earn any trophy that could later become unattainable BEFORE adding the game to their profile. Personally I don’t mind, I have several unattainable trophies, and it’s quite liberating to trophy hunt without the need to obsess and restrict my gaming. 

Yes this is what I’m dealing with. I appreciate the support from people indicating it does indeed happen, but I do know people have successfully avoided it by signing in on the prompt when you are already in the game as opposed to before you start. I’ll experiment on an alt, but I’m pretty sure this is supposed to work as long as you only sign in on that game. I would love for clarification on this method and whether or not it does indeed work.