Had to stop playing.

49 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

Reading some of the excuses in this thread it's no surprise that companies can get away with making the customer their playtesters 

Right?! It's like people have some sort of Gaming Stockholm Syndrome with these companies. 

As others have stated though I don't see this changing anytime soon. People are gonna continue to pre-order these game, they're gonna continue to come out half-baked, and people are going to willingly pay for the opportunity to essentially be beta testers for these companies. Then they're going to complain about it on forums and the cycle will repeat, I don't really feel bad for anyone at this point. 

5 hours ago, JusttJD said:

But the only way things will change is when the companies feel it in their wallet.

So stop buying games on release dates and wait for the actual full product.

Otherwise, stop complaining because it's your own fault.

? Agree with this ?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MsVelvet said:

Seriously, it's...mind boggling. 

No, what's 'mind-boggling' is the amount of people that have entitled, unrealistic expectations these days. 

If your expectation is constant perfection and instant gratification in everything in life, no wonder you're always left disappointed in most things. That's a standard that's extremely difficult to achieve and impossible to maintain. People keep setting that bar higher and higher and now the standards are astronomically high, it's absurd what people expect. You want these massive open world games that takes years to develop with hundreds of hours of things to do, diverse gameplay, Pulitzer prize winning writing in every story, max performance/resolution/framerate without a single drop in frames or any kind of lag whatsoever, picture-esque quality graphics, absolutely no bugs or glitches of any kind. If it misses the mark on any one of those things, the game sucks by the modern standards of the consumer base. No wonder the industry is so fractured and stressed with horrible workplace environments, look at what people are expecting of them. And people don't appreciate it, at all. It's all taken for granted. 

People act like games are Hollywood movies with a budget of one, they're not. A budget where they could hire thousands of playtesters to test every facet of these massive and complex games so they're perfect day one and the games never need a patch ever. That perfect game everybody seems to expect doesn't exist and will never exist if your standards are that high. Bring your expectations back down to Earth. 

Edited by mega-tallica
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, mountain_1994 said:

Reading some of the replies it sounds like i also got kinda lucky since the problem i had was the ONLY problem i had, which sucks for you guys so i hope some of those problems get fixed in todays patch, i haven't installed it i'm gonna wait a little longer.

Honestly, most the bugs started piling on once you get to the second area. Makes me think most play testing was done in the intro/beginning acts. The game started crumbling the more time went on. At least in my experience.

22 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

No, what's 'mind-boggling' is the amount of people that have entitled, unrealistic expectations these days. 

If your expectation is constant perfection and instant gratification.....

I think your comment is out of place.

Trophy issues aside - for the sake of brevity and not derailing the subject - there are dozens of threads about various issues. Dying Light did not have a 'Pulitzer' level story and aside from being completely subjective everyone would be ok with at least a generally 'good/ok' story. In its core it's a parkour/zombie open world melee game something decent to get involved with the characters and the world lore a bit would be perfectly fine.

While not a trainwreck in line with Cyberpunk on PS4 which was outright deception there are bugs and glitches that really shouldn't be there. Stuff is clipping, objects are clipping, NPC's are failing in pathing and forcing you to reset the game, people have had their progress completely blocked, co-op (a core tenet and USP of the game was severly crippled on launch), and there are various sound and visual bugs RECURRING. 

I enjoyed DL1 (which I remember being a much more polished experience) and decided to give this a try (I gave up on the game after a couple of hours, it's hidden on my profile but I have paid $80 for it and gave it a fair chance, even waiting out a patch)

Sounds glitched out for me a couple of times already in the beginning hours, NPC I must follow kept falling off buildings and teleporting, world objects are fairly commonly clipping in the world (a body half clipped through the bus floor or unusable door takes the immersion out) and overall I can say it was quite a disappointment.

It's not the worst thing ever, it's not the most unpolished/broken thing ever - not even close - but this game like so many others needed more time in development. I don't doubt the devs behind it had their heart and souls in it but this isn't to a satisfactory level. And I fully understand the people being angry not only at DL2 but the current trend in AAA multi-million dollar games is that they ship out half-a**ed and plan to be worked out with the full price paying playerbase months as QA's down the line.

I'm really tired of it, and I understand some other being far more critical on it due to it just being another one in the line.

Edited by Valkirye22
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Valkirye22 said:

I think your comment is out of place.

Trophy issues aside - for the sake of brevity and not derailing the subject - there are dozens of threads about various issues. Dying Light did not have a 'Pulitzer' level story and aside from being completely subjective everyone would be ok with at least a generally 'good/ok' story. In its core it's a parkour/zombie open world melee game something decent to get involved with the characters and the world lore a bit would be perfectly fine.

While not a trainwreck in line with Cyberpunk on PS4 which was outright deception there are bugs and glitches that really shouldn't be there. Stuff is clipping, objects are clipping, NPC's are failing in pathing and forcing you to reset the game, people have had their progress completely blocked, co-op (a core tenet and USP of the game was severly crippled on launch), and there are various sound and visual bugs RECURRING. 

I enjoyed DL1 (which I remember being a much more polished experience) and decided to give this a try (I gave up on the game after a couple of hours, it's hidden on my profile but I have paid $80 for it and gave it a fair chance, even waiting out a patch)

Sounds glitched out for me a couple of times already in the beginning hours, NPC I must follow kept falling off buildings and teleporting, world objects are fairly commonly clipping in the world (a body half clipped through the bus floor or unusable door takes the immersion out) and overall I can say it was quite a disappointment.

It's not the worst thing ever, it's not the most unpolished/broken thing ever - not even close - but this game like so many others needed more time in development. I don't doubt the devs behind it had their heart and souls in it but this isn't to a satisfactory level. And I fully understand the people being angry not only at DL2 but the current trend in AAA multi-million dollar games is that they ship out half-a**ed and plan to be worked out with the full price paying playerbase months down the line.

I'm really tired of it, and I understand some other being far more critical on it due to it just being another one in the line.

That's easier said than done. 

Most studios don't have the budget to hire the thousands of playtesters it would require to thoroughly playtest a game this size and complex. They hire about 100 if that, the bigger studios maybe go closer to 200 or more. This is why once a game is released to the hundreds of thousands of people that will play it, new issues arise that wasn't caught among the relatively small playtest group. There's a much, much bigger sample base once the game releases to the public. 

The game did take 7 years to develop already, most of the budget likely completely gone by the time the game released which is why it probably got released when it did in the state it was in. There's not much choice once the money begins running out, like many other developers. When the money begins running dry and investors start harassing you, you gotta put the product out and start getting returns on your investment. It's not always as easy as just spending another few months to polish the game while the company bleeds money. If it was that easy, developers would do it. The industry demands these massive, complex games and the developers aren't getting enough budget to make them to the way people are expecting. I've read this game had a budget of approximately $35 million. That's not a whole lot of money especially spread over 7 years. I wouldn't even consider Techland a AAA developer, they're a pretty small studio, more akin to AA.

If only every developer had $100+ million dollar budgets like Rockstar Games but that's not the reality of the majority of the rest of the industry. That's why Rockstar is pushing their online, it makes them money. Money to fund GTA 6 and make that game to the standard that is expected of them. But yet the consumer base heavily criticizes how much Rockstar has been pushing online in their games. They won't be moaning and complaining anymore once they get a brilliant GTA 6 game out of it that was supplied by the endless budget GTA Online has produced for them. This is what I'm alluding to when I mention instant gratification in the gaming world. They want everything perfect and they want it here and now, on demand. Perfection takes time, it takes money and gamers are neither patient nor willing to spend any more money than they absolutely have to and then they'll still complain that the product is not up to their astronomical standards. That's what I'm tired of. The ingrained sense of entitlement and people feeling they're perpetually owed something just because they exist. 

Regardless, there's a new patch that has fixed most of the major issues. One week after release and most issues are fixed, there's not much more you can ask for. 

Edited by mega-tallica
  • Like 1

stuck in death loop glitch after finishing a metro station in my game solo. Started up today and bam. Whatever. Game can sit on the shelf for a few months.

do i regret Preorder or spending $99 on Deluxe? nope. Will i continue to order games early and get them day 1? yep. Do i expect perfect? nah. But if i don't play a game a few months within release, ill no longer care to go back to it. I'm also a collector, and $99 spent on this game is pocket change to me. 

I made a decent dent in the main campaign and thoroughly enjoyed my time with it. I thought the game world is fantastic and the gameplay is super fun too. I haven't encountered any game breaking bugs, but i've encountered a steady stream of annoying ones which either break my immersion or work against me as I navigate the game world.

My conclusion is that this game is really special but i'm shelving it for a few months to let them get their shit together and deploy a few more patches.

If you've already delayed your game by a few months to polish it further, then ship it after the initial development time + the extension you asked for literally with 1000 active bugs. Then have to deploy a day 1 patch to fix them. Then have to deploy another patch to fix a bunch of others soon after, leaving you with a game that still has bugs in it, you have to wonder how well things are organised behind the scenes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Im playing on the PS5 and i wonder if the PS4 version is bad or something? I havent had any issues with the game other than co-op not working half the time. Only 1 story trophy glitched on me but thats about it.

I'm envious of you there :) I definitely think mileage varies as far as experience with bugs goes, as an example my partner is playing it too at the moment and she only had one small issue so far. But I seem to be having a steady stream of them. They aren't gamebreaking on my end at all which is good - no crashes or progression blockers etc. A good example is action/battle music getting stuck and playing while i'm having quiet time in a camp and talking to NPC's. Very small stuff comparably, but it all added up for me. Ordinarily I'd persevere and just keep going, but I'm treating this game with a bit more reverence than I normally would as it's the sequel to one of my all-time favourite games. So i'm gonna give them some time to bake it a bit more before going in for another slice of the cake.

Hope I'm not coming across as too negative, I really loved what I played so far and can see myself playing this for years to come. I'm already looking forward to coming back to it in a few patches time with a fresh start and going all-in.

3 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I'm envious of you there :) I definitely think mileage varies as far as experience with bugs goes, as an example my partner is playing it too at the moment and she only had one small issue so far. But I seem to be having a steady stream of them. They aren't gamebreaking on my end at all which is good - no crashes or progression blockers etc. A good example is action/battle music getting stuck and playing while i'm having quiet time in a camp and talking to NPC's. Very small stuff comparably, but it all added up for me. Ordinarily I'd persevere and just keep going, but I'm treating this game with a bit more reverence than I normally would as it's the sequel to one of my all-time favourite games. So i'm gonna give them some time to bake it a bit more before going in for another slice of the cake.

Hope I'm not coming across as too negative, I really loved what I played so far and can see myself playing this for years to come. I'm already looking forward to coming back to it in a few patches time with a fresh start and going all-in.

Youre not coming off as negative or anything ? i completely understand what youre saying. The game is really fun to play and it improves alot of things over the first game so i can understand you want to wait a bit till techland sort it out.

But yeah it seems like everyone experience with the game differs quite alot. Some worse than others. 

43 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Im playing on the PS5 and i wonder if the PS4 version is bad or something? I havent had any issues with the game other than co-op not working half the time. Only 1 story trophy glitched on me but thats about it.

You're just lucky so far, I'm also playing on PS5 and I also thought I was lucky considering only 2 story trophies glitched for me in my 50 hours played but last night upon trying to grab my last memento in co-op my 50 hour save with everything completed overwrote with a shitty save with almost nothing done. This morning on the shitty save I got stuck in a deathloop but managed to collect all the rest of my collectibles in a co-op session of somebody that was AFK (I later fixed the deathloop with a little trick I found by accident). 

Only have ultramarathon and the 2 glitched story quests left to cleanup now and I'm not so sure about keeping the game anymore because I cba re-doing everything I lost. It quickly went from a 8/10 kinda buggy but very fun experience to a 2/10 completely broken experience, I atleast got to complete the game before it happened but I feel sorry for the guys who had shit like this happen to them in the middle of their playthrough.

Don‘t people use cloud Backups? If i run into an infinit death-loop i use my backup and only lose the progression of my current session and not everything still annoying but much less. You can always have Bad luck and run into a Game breaking bug in a new Game that wasnt discovered yet. 

1 hour ago, theSpirae said:

I don't really understand why people can't wait a few days to check reviews, first impressions, etc before buying games. You're not going to miss anything if you play the game one week after release.

If everyone always followed that logic nobody would ever buy a game at launch. I think it safe to say most people who buy a game at launch have been highly anticipating it because for example they loved the previous instalment or they are a fan of the series, hype etc. and there is that element to it of playing an online game (co-op in this case) there and then when its fresh and everyone is exploring and not a couple months down the line when everything is figured out.. I got this game on launch because I loved the first one, which I never had any issues with. Even if you bought the game today, you're still vulnerable to multiple game-breaking bugs, and even after the next deathloop update, co-op will still be able to break and overwrite your entire save like it did with my completed playthrough. 

And btw the reviews for this game so far are amazing, which completely don't reflect the state of the game (probably because the game is actually fun when it works). Even ignoring the typical mainstream game reviewers, the game has a "very positive" rating on steam, which is really rare for a triple A game to get there in recent years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theSpirae said:

I don't really understand why people can't wait a few days to check reviews, first impressions, etc before buying games. You're not going to miss anything if you play the game one week after release.

Who's to say they didn't? Most reviews and first impressions for this game are positive and hardly any mention major bugs/glitches because most people aren't running into them. But yet if you go onto online forums like this one for the game, you get a much different story so who should you believe? 

I think this game is yet more proof why you shouldn't blindly follow reviews or online comments to prejudge a game. They should be taken into consideration but not be your entire opinion on it. How other people experience the game and their opinions may not be the same as how you would feel playing the game. You don't know that until you play the game yourself. That's the only true way to formulate an opinion on something is to try it firsthand. That's why many don't care about reading reviews and online comments beforehand, they just dive right in and if they like it, they like it and if they don't, they don't and then they can tell others and they could take their opinions into consideration before they buy the game. You knock these people but yet you rely on them to formulate your own opinion. If nobody played the game early, you wouldn't have early reviews and first impressions to go by then.

• Like 2