Toughening Up

Colt

It works with 1.06, I just started with that trophy about 12 hrs ago.

Buy the tuning option (3. tab in Tuning) not the GT Auto thing.

And that on 10 different cars.

And if you are using the PS5 Beta 4.1 system software: check your trophies, the unlocking is not always shown. 

All trophies that require certain things added to or bought for your car(s) only work with cars you bought yourself, not gifted ones. I learned this when trying to unlock Looking Good! & Warning: Wide Load! - I added body parts and a wide body to a gift car and nothing happened, but when I did the same with a bought car, both trophies unlocked just fine. Same with Wheely Good Fun - bought 10 different wheels for a gift car and, again, nothing happened. Switched to a bought car, did the same thing, and, you guessed it, it unlocked just fine.

So, if anyone is having trouble unlocking the following trophies, make sure you're using cars you bought from any of the dealerships.

- Looking Good!

- Toughening Up

- Squeaky Clean (I'm not 100% sure about this one)

- Warning: Wide Load!

- A Taste of Tuning

- A Bit of a Boost

- Wheely Good Fun

On a side note, I'm playing the PS4 version, but I'm pretty sure it behaves exactly the same on PS5.

Edited by Suminya
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Radford999 said:

Is this glitched still? I've just bought 10 brand new cars, installed a Low-RPM Turbocharger and increased the cars rigidity on each one and the trophy hasn’t popped. Hell i even bought 3 extra cars and did the same so 13 in total and it never popped. Sigh. 

Try to increase Rigidity on gift cars. I got the trophy from AE86 Levin.

4 hours ago, mvpeast said:

Try to increase Rigidity on gift cars. I got the trophy from AE86 Levin.

I’ve tried it. I’ve increased the rigidity on over 50 cars. I’ve done the same for the turbocharger. And i’ve bought over 50 sets of wheels. These trophies are just awful i’m done with the game and moving on! :(

1 hour ago, Radford999 said:

I’ve tried it. I’ve increased the rigidity on over 50 cars. I’ve done the same for the turbocharger. And i’ve bought over 50 sets of wheels. These trophies are just awful i’m done with the game and moving on! :(

This is why I've left this trophy for last. I haven't noticed any buggy trophies yet, but this worries me. I don't wanna waste precious credits on a potentially buggy trophy.

1 hour ago, Megaman80 said:

Trophy is bugged for me as well, wasted 150k, kindda irritated now…

Popped for me eventually after many attempts. Try completing an event and then swap cars and try buying the part. Do another event, buy another part in a different car etc.

On 22.3.2022 at 11:00 PM, Radford999 said:

Popped for me eventually after many attempts. Try completing an event and then swap cars and try buying the part. Do another event, buy another part in a different car etc.

i just tried using a lot if different cars. Do you know it the cars needs to be damaged for it to work. i must have done it with 7-8 different cars, and at least 20-25 times.

1 hour ago, Megaman80 said:

i just tried using a lot if different cars. Do you know it the cars needs to be damaged for it to work. i must have done it with 7-8 different cars, and at least 20-25 times.

I’ve no idea. I wouldn’t have thought so. It’s just bugged in general. Yeah i did it with loads of cars. It will pop eventually trust me. But just takes way more than is required.