Stranger of Paradise - The obligatory Trophy thoughts

4 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Game will be okay, maybe some fun. Not sure i care to plat. Curious if level 200 is just a culmination of all your job levels combined?

Nah it's probably the level you see in the world map before selecting a mission, and/or the average item level. The final mission in the demo has a level 19 but you can get level 25-30 items. I guess the later missions could easily reach that level (i mean 200)

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

Trophies look a bit meh but could be way worse so I'm not gonna complain. Doesn't seem to be too difficult either even on Chaos difficulty since you can just cheese magic from a distance. I would probably grade it a 5/10 in terms of difficulty.

This might be a bit off topic but did anybody download the latest demo? I'm having some serious performance issues! The graphics are ABSOLUTELY horrible in that textures are missing and the anti-aliasing is downright trash! Also the subtitles pop up a second after the dialogue and the characters move kinda sluggish in game and in cutscenes. It's literally a buggy mess! You peeps that own a PS5 and have tried the demo, are you experiencing the same issues? This is NOT what they advertised in the trailers! In terms of story I don't expect much, only got it for the memes and because this game is essentially the spiritual successor to Ni-Oh.  

4 hours ago, Virdeborn said:

I'm getting strong Metal Gear Rising vibes from the tone of this game, even if it may be unintentional. Seems like it's one of those "stupid fun" games. But I'll probably wait until it goes on sale before I pick it up.

I will be very disappointed if there isn't at least one video of Jack wailing on Chaos to "It Has to be This Way" by the end of the month.

• Like 1

The trophy list seems extremly easy but a lot of grind!

I've maxxed every jobs to lvl30 on demo, which is around 30h of playing, but it's only the 1* star rank, from the trophy description it seems we have 4* to do.

Also we couldn't unlock every jobs so I guess we have like 30jobs to do

Sounds fun ngl, it's like a dark souls but a lot more dynamic and gameplay seems less old than DS games :)

16 minutes ago, MercureUnleashed said:

The trophy list seems extremly easy but a lot of grind!

I've maxxed every jobs to lvl30 on demo, which is around 30h of playing, but it's only the 1* star rank, from the trophy description it seems we have 4* to do.

Also we couldn't unlock every jobs so I guess we have like 30jobs to do

Sounds fun ngl, it's like a dark souls but a lot more dynamic and gameplay seems less old than DS games :)

You can level them actually really fast in the full version. It’s not really worth grinding the jobs in the trial.

Just play through the game and switch between the jobs after they are level 30 and you’ll have most of them finished after completing the game without grinding. 

Edited by YesImAPwnda

3 hours ago, Xugoshi said:

This might be a bit off topic but did anybody download the latest demo? I'm having some serious performance issues! The graphics are ABSOLUTELY horrible in that textures are missing and the anti-aliasing is downright trash! 

This is no bug it's been called out since the very first demo that the graphics are ashy as fuck. I'm playing on an oled with HDR and the game still looks like ass which is an accomplishment really. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YesImAPwnda said:

You can level them actually really fast in the full version. It’s not really worth grinding the jobs in the trial.

Just play through the game and switch between the jobs after they are level 30 and you’ll have most of them finished after completing the game without grinding. 

How could you even know lol, the game was released 40min ago, nobody finished the game yet (even if I saw some ppl with 91% completion, wtf) and as I said, it seems like lvl30 isn't the maximum lvl because of the 4* rank mastery title (once you're lvl 30 you see only 1 star, I guess we can go further and get 4*, that's why we didn't get the trophy, my bet is we unlock further in the game the ability to increase our rank to 2*, 3* and 4*)

Also, it was faster on trial because it requiered only 30 anima shards to get 1 lvl from scratch, now it's 50 on full version, seems like it was easier/faster to train jobs on trial version.

But anyway, I guess w'll unlock more anima shards at the end of the game. But still, it seemed usefull to grind it in trial, w'll see in endgame how it went.

I've unlocked a majority of the jobs in the demo, sad I can't unlock sage lol...

I'm at work ATM - is the demo over then? With the full ver. Launching iirc tonight (1 hour) for digital pre orders?

Lol if not i sure know I'ma keep running my loop on "ch 3 dark elf's" to keep faring jobs xD cuz that horse boss is alittle too fast for me.

Enjoying this Game a Lot so far. Playing in hard from the beginning since Chaos isnt unlocked. Great Combat System imo and reminds me a Lot of nioh which was what i was hoping for.

Dont know If its because i am playing on hard but half Into First Mission already got a Job at 15.

First playthrough solo and Then Chaos maybe Coop. Also Just got mage. Freaking OP.

Yes graphics could be better but they are far from Bad.

Edited by CoregBlue

9 hours ago, MercureUnleashed said:

How could you even know lol, the game was released 40min ago, nobody finished the game yet (even if I saw some ppl with 91% completion, wtf) and as I said, it seems like lvl30 isn't the maximum lvl because of the 4* rank mastery title (once you're lvl 30 you see only 1 star, I guess we can go further and get 4*, that's why we didn't get the trophy, my bet is we unlock further in the game the ability to increase our rank to 2*, 3* and 4*)

Also, it was faster on trial because it requiered only 30 anima shards to get 1 lvl from scratch, now it's 50 on full version, seems like it was easier/faster to train jobs on trial version.

But anyway, I guess w'll unlock more anima shards at the end of the game. But still, it seemed usefull to grind it in trial, w'll see in endgame how it went.

The people who have 91% completion have reviewer copies. The person you are replying to is one of them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MercureUnleashed said:

Uhm, I played the game for the last few days and already got every trophy besides the complete every side mission one.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, YesImAPwnda said:

Uhm, I played the game for the last few days and already got every trophy besides the complete every side mission one.

how long did it take you? 

I want to play this, but there are too many games coming out at the same time 

On 3/13/2022 at 9:48 PM, Red-Izanagi said:

So People, what you think? Trophy list seems to have some nice Challenge in it and i can't wait.

Sadly the Trophy pictures seems a bit meh but that's personal preference.

Anyway.

Looks like Chaos is waiting for us

obligatory trophy thoughts is a thing of the past ?? it’s all about “auto-pop” now cuz ggod forbid it doesn’t have it

2 hours ago, YesImAPwnda said:

Around 20-22h. But I currently replay every mission on repeat to find the last sidemission(s)

thanks

That’s shorter than I expected, I might try to squeeze it in 

the side missions trophy will be a lot easier/quicker when more people play