What Games Make for the Most Impressive Cabinet?

TheBlaskar

In other words: what are the hardest trophies one could get? I've seen some breathtaking cabinets lately with games like Trials Fusion, Wolfenstein II, Super Meat Boy, etc., but I wondered what 10 Trophies would make up THE cabinet of cabinets.

Other games with plats that blow me away: The Evil Within, Injustice, Devil May Cry (any, really), Darkest Dungeon, yada yada yada you know the ones

What games are you most impressed by somebody having completed?

I like when people get clever with their cabinets, like @DrBloodmoney -- I see what you did there.

Otherwise, I guess it makes sense to put your top ten favorite games there.

As far as hardest trophies go...I dunno. I'm always more impressed when somebody completes some super obscure game that I've also completed. That's solidarity. Like two bikers on the highway waving at each other as they pass.

• Like 4

I am much more in favour of interesting unique cabinets. Just having a list of your rarest platinums is *yawn* to me. I like when people find some funny ones or if they can spell out something/make a story with them.

Nothing really 'impresses' me nowadays anyways. After observing the trophy system long enough you begin to see that it is fairly limited and what may be considered the very best trophies may be great from inside the trophy bubble but outside of it they're not really all that prestigious of an accomplishment (outside of some very small exceptions).

As others have already mentioned, cabinets filled with your rarest plats/trophies are just boring. My previous cabinet was a From Software cabinet as they are my favourite developer but I recently updated it to a cabinet of trophies whose trophy names are movie quotes. The stipulations being that I have to have seen the movie and know it was a quote from that movie and the trophy name has to be fully readable (not cut off due to the length) while viewing my cabinet from my profile (this was a hard one to accept as I really wanted to include a trophy quoting A Clockwork Orange but the trophy name was too long).

Right off hand I got my as Okami, Fall Guys and Nexomon extinction which are probably my top 3 favorite games that I have platinum trophies for
 didn't care about the rarity on them when I selected them
 and I also did have it as Senran Kagura and Paw Patrol at one point just because.

On 6.6.2022 at 5:25 PM, Helyx said:

Rare trophies are a dime a dozen. An impressive cabinet should be filled with perverse, profane and otherwise suggestive trophy images/names.

went to check out your cabinet and I was not disappointed

My cabinet is filled with trophies I'm proud off, but I could delete all of them and only let the MGS3 one stand and I'd be just as happy

On 7.6.2022 at 7:12 AM, FilmFanatic said:

As others have already mentioned, cabinets filled with your rarest plats/trophies are just boring. My previous cabinet was a From Software cabinet as they are my favourite developer but I recently updated it to a cabinet of trophies whose trophy names are movie quotes. The stipulations being that I have to have seen the movie and know it was a quote from that movie and the trophy name has to be fully readable (not cut off due to the length) while viewing my cabinet from my profile (this was a hard one to accept as I really wanted to include a trophy quoting A Clockwork Orange but the trophy name was too long).

Fantastic cabinet as well!! I feel so boring

Edited by NanaCheese94

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Answering your question, for me the most impressive cabinet is when I see several difficult trophies. You've already mentioned some hard games...there are many more, specially of the fighting and racing simulator genres that many players don't even realize how hard they can be!

They don't need to be ultra rare...just look at Splasher. Soon it will be a "very rare" platinum (above 5%). 

This is obviously a very personal opinion...

Anyway, I guess most of us use this function for 2 of these reasons: either you are proud to have achieved a specific trophy/platinum, or you really enjoyed that game. 

Since I enjoyed every game I've played, I opt for the first one, which usually corresponds to the hardest games...

I've also decided to put COD: WW2 in my cabinet not because I'm more proud to get it compared with other games, but because I consider myself a WW2 historian haha