Transformers ReEnergized Server Project

3 hours ago, Sergen said:

It's probably only going to be for PC too, I don't see them bothering to give PS3 games their time when PC is where you should be playing games for fun.

It’s available on PS3 & PC, except Xbox 360. Also, Dark of the Moon is console exclusive, so if it’s not available for PS3, how is it possible, that this game on the list)

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, khalsapanth94 said:

I don’t understand wats the problem if people use fan servers to earn trophies it’s not hurting anyone there a lot people who I am not going to name who have cheated to earn trophies they are still leaderboards this used to be good website now ran by bunch toxic people 

If the server is closed source there is no way to verify that no cheating is going on.

If you know of cheaters then report them to the CRT.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, khalsapanth94 said:

I don’t understand wats the problem if people use fan servers to earn trophies it’s not hurting anyone there a lot people who I am not going to name who have cheated to earn trophies they are still leaderboards this used to be good website now ran by bunch toxic people 

Do you really not understand or are you just complaining that you want what you want and want to accuse others of breaking rules so you can break rules?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

If the server is closed source there is no way to verify that no cheating is going on.

When you think about it Its actually opposite...

If you have the source code and some knowledge you could always modify server code and run it locally (because you have source code!)

Like for example imagine open source custom Resistance 2 servers. You could most likely modify few lines of code and give yourself 9999 kills on the start. 1 more kill and trophy pops... In Motorstorm 2 you could make yourself a legend after 1 race won etc. etc.

Any game with stats kept remotely and open source servers would be like that

Edited by Zbir_Vladimir

Just now, Zbir_Vladimir said:

When you think about it Its actually opposite...

If you have the source code and some knowledge you could always modify server code and run it locally (because you have source code!)

Like for example imagine open source custom Resistance 2 servers. You could most likely modify few lines of code and give yourself 9999 kills on the start. 1 more kill and trophy pops... In Motorstorm 2 you could make yourself a legend after 1 race won etc. etc.

Generally, the open source aspect is so everyone has the same shot at obtaining the trophies, but also to check to see if the code contains cheats. Once cheats are discovered for any open source games, or even closed source, they would be evaluated against leaderboard rules and the game servers would be removed from the approved servers list.

Hi everyone. Since 2020, the online servers for all PS3 Transformers games were put offline, making the platinum unobtainable for new players. Recently a fan recreated the server for Ravenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon, War for Cybertron and Rise of the Dark Spark on PS3. I have heard that as of now the trophies from these games are not allowed to be achieved according to PSN profiles rules. I'm wondering if there is any way for gamers who have wished to fairly get the platinum in these games to make a petition for PSN profiles to accept the multiplayer trophies in these games. From what I can tell about the new server, there is no cheating that is possible. Please correct me if I am wrong about that. Thanks

Has anyone been able to set up one of these servers yourself with the code provided by the project? Instructions/documentation are severely lacking in the repo and the code looks incomplete to me. 

It’ll go a long way to getting this approved if someone can show how they set up a server. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 8:43 PM, DaivRules said:

Has anyone been able to set up one of these servers yourself with the code provided by the project? Instructions/documentation are severely lacking in the repo and the code looks incomplete to me. 

It’ll go a long way to getting this approved if someone can show how they set up a server. 

The source code for the server is completely closed source and the creator has no plans of making it public ever, although this is not the first game he's revived and he's hosting servers for other platforms for those games as well.

On 03/07/2022 at 1:02 PM, BinkUncia said:

This is great news for the Transformers community! @ShockyMackyDCA just to confirm this does work on an official PS3, and I have since seen that people have started earning MP trophies again 1f60a.png

What is that I can see in the distance....is it a bird? A plane? No its the ban hammer!!!

Because they aren't official open source servers they will not be allowed.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 5:22 PM, TheShaolinJedi said:

Hi everyone. Since 2020, the online servers for all PS3 Transformers games were put offline, making the platinum unobtainable for new players. Recently a fan recreated the server for Ravenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon, War for Cybertron and Rise of the Dark Spark on PS3. I have heard that as of now the trophies from these games are not allowed to be achieved according to PSN profiles rules. I'm wondering if there is any way for gamers who have wished to fairly get the platinum in these games to make a petition for PSN profiles to accept the multiplayer trophies in these games. From what I can tell about the new server, there is no cheating that is possible. Please correct me if I am wrong about that. Thanks

I came across this during my daily browse of Reddit.  I don't know if you may be interested in it or not.

• Like 1

I'm thinking of picking this up however I have a question about the state of online in 2022 - if you check some of the online trophies 3 players have managed to achieve the trophies in the last few weeks, compared to nothing in the space of 2020-2022. Would this be due to exploits or are the servers back online, although incredibly inactive?