Hard Pass Trophy has been fixed!

Anxiety

11 minutes ago, turniplord said:

I started a new game after downloading this patch (on PS5) - this trophy unlocked just fine, when it took me to the flashback 6-years ago. I'd collected every card up until that point and just chose to move on every time it asked. Maybe those having issues aren't starting a new game?

It is possible that playing on an earlier save is what’s messing things up for some people. I’m a bit numb to replaying this game since I’ve had to do it so many times, but as annoying as it is I’d recommend to everyone to start a new game (finish whatever else you need first) and try doing the workaround. Then at least it might unlock early.

10 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Platinum achieved. Quitted out every chapter with just 1 tarrot card everytime. Trophy immediately popped when I choose move on.

Finallyyyy

Congrats! Did it unlock in Chapter 5?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

It is possible that playing on an earlier save is what’s messing things up for some people. I’m a bit numb to replaying this game since I’ve had to do it so many times, but as annoying as it is I’d recommend to everyone to start a new game (finish whatever else you need first) and try doing the workaround. Then at least it might unlock early.

Congrats! Did it unlock in Chapter 5?

Yes it did in chapter 5. So I would advice everyone to just quit after every move on. Saves you half the gametime?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turniplord said:

I started a new game after downloading this patch (on PS5) - this trophy unlocked just fine, when it took me to the flashback 6-years ago. I'd collected every card up until that point and just chose to move on every time it asked. Maybe those having issues aren't starting a new game?

Someone else said in the now locked thread, that they got it by loading up an earlier save and just replaying Chapter 9...so that's why I decided to do it that way. But it didn't work for me. I had already assumed you'd need to play a brand new game...but was trying very much NOT to have to do that. 

Just going to try the workaround method now. 

And I got my Plat. Workaround method works like a charm. 

So I guess it's safe to say that if you're coming into this game new since 1.03 you'll likely get Hard Pass naturally. But if you've been here since at least 1.02 and want a quicker method, the workaround is great. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, turniplord said:

Maybe! 

On 08/07/2022 at 11:36 PM, TrophyChief said:

Glad it’s been fixed. Honestly, playing during the bugged version and trying to figure out a workaround was the most fun I had in awhile. Coming together as a community and engaging in conversation throughout my journey on this plat was well worth the time and money. Now go get em! The ground work has been laid.

This. and then being one of the first 50 to get the plat and Hard Pass was great!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anxiety said:

Did you start a new game? 

I follow this guide exactly word for word with every action (including collectibles since it's my first playthrough). Yes, it' a new game since it's my first time playing the game.

https://www.powerpyx.com/the-quarry-walkthrough-everyone-survives/

Edited by TheStark700
  • Like 1

Just now, TheStark700 said:

I follow this guide exactly word for word with every action (including collectibles since it's my first playthrough). Yes, it' a new game since it's my first time playing the game.

https://www.powerpyx.com/the-quarry-walkthrough-everyone-survives/

Thanks for the response I’ll update the topic and say that you might have to start a new game for the patch to take effect. 

I got it using the quit game method. Update 1.000.003. Date:07/16/22.

I reload chapter 9 and pick all the cards, except hierophant, choose move on (same for the 8 chapters before that) = didn't get the trophy.

Did it again: reload chapter 9, pick all the cards, choose move on (same for the 8 chapters before that) = didn't get the trophy.

Start from scratch using the quit game method = got the trophy in the end of chapter 5.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/22/2023 at 7:50 PM, Jimmy947 said:

What are the requirements for this trophy? To refuse a few Tarot Cards or ALL OF THEM? I’m new to the game but have already accepted the first one!! Just wondering if it will pop if I refuse the rest (on latest patch).

Wondering the same thing. Started my first playthrough last night and I accepted the reading for the Prologue and Chapter 1. Have I already locked myself out of the trophy or can I just start choosing Move On from Chapter 2 onwards and still pop the trophy?

Edited by lordzeze

9 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

Wondering the same thing. Started my first playthrough last night and I accepted the reading for the Prologue and Chapter 1. Have I already locked myself out of the trophy or can I just start choosing Move On from Chapter 2 onwards and still pop the trophy?

You have to pick “Move On” from the Prologue onwards. Unfortunately you have locked yourself out.

21 hours ago, ZEE11W said:

You have to pick “Move On” from the Prologue onwards. Unfortunately you have locked yourself out.

Thanks, I ended up just restarting my playthrough as I missed the vial in Chapter 1 so I would have had to redo that chapter anyways.

• 3 months later...

If anyone used this guide and messed up Hard Pass as a result, what is the best way to earn it after the step 1 playthrough? Should I try to get it in step 3 or step 6? I'm just trying to salvage this as the guide suggested you could take card reading at the end of chapter 3, so I would have to replay from the start of 3 in order to fix this? 

Step 1: Full Playthrough – Everyone Survives + Killed All Hacketts + Collectibles

Step 2: Chapter Select Chapter 9-10 – Should’ve Gone to the Motel Ending

Step 3: Partial Playthrough (Chapter 4-10) – No one survives

Step 4: Chapter Select (Chapter 10) – Only Kaitlyn Survives

Step 5: Chapter Select (Chapter 9-10) – Only Ryan Survives

Step 6: Chapter Select (Chapter 2-10) – Infected Everyone + All Clues Collectibles

Step 7: Start Movie Mode

Step 8: Chapter Select (Chapter 4-10) – Peanut Butter Butterpops

Edited by bikeman223