PS5 Upgrade

FocusDR

1 minute ago, Lucibur said:

I've just checked out the shop and it appears I have to pay £34 for the game even though I already own it digitally. I'm confused, I've read about how it's a free upgrade.

Hmm that’s strange, I googled it but couldn’t find any information on the upgrade. I can buy the ps4 disc really cheap and use that for the upgrade if it’s free but if it’s to be paid for I’ll wait and buy the PS5 version on sale.. 

• Like 1

Just now, FocusDR said:

Hmm that’s strange, I googled it but couldn’t find any information on the upgrade. I can buy the ps4 disc really cheap and use that for the upgrade if it’s free but if it’s to be paid for I’ll wait and buy the PS5 version on sale.. 

It is really strange, yeah. Maybe wait and see what happens? It's only dropped today. I'm waiting to see as I don't feel the need to get the game right now as I have others to focus on, yet I do want to get into the game.

6 minutes ago, Lucibur said:

It is really strange, yeah. Maybe wait and see what happens? It's only dropped today. I'm waiting to see as I don't feel the need to get the game right now as I have others to focus on, yet I do want to get into the game.

It is a free upgrade but there's some issues which they're aware of so might be fixed soon.

• Like 1

The PS5 upgrade from the PS4 disc was free. However, the Mercenary Class DLC for PS4 does not appear to transfer to PS5. The PSN store has my DLC listed as "Installed" on the Trial page, on sale for $1.79 (PS4 page), and $2.99 (PS5 page). Maybe they are still working on fixing the pricing too. With the way THQ Nordic botched Saints Row 2022, I'm hoping they don't repeat that with the Biomutant upgrade.

Edited by poetic_justice_

1 hour ago, poetic_justice_ said:

The PS5 upgrade from the PS4 disc was free. However, the Mercenary Class DLC for PS4 does not appear to transfer to PS5. The PSN store has my DLC listed as "Installed" on the Trial page, on sale for $1.79 (PS4 page), and $2.99 (PS5 page). Maybe they are still working on fixing the pricing too. With the way THQ Nordic botched Saints Row 2022, I'm hoping they don't repeat that with the Biomutant upgrade.

That's bad because it's probably enough to prevent save transfer. I may give it a shot this afternoon, but on the other hand it may make sense to wait till everything is sorted out.

2 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Uh, THQ Nordic had absolutely nothing to do with Saints Row 2022. lmfaooooo but continue.

2 hours ago, MiahMamoon said:

looks like does autopop mate with them saying it on twitter 

Despite what this says it didn't autopop for me after transferring and loading all my saves from the PS4 version (where I got the platinum) to the PS5 and even beating the final boss again, I upgraded from the disc and booted it up just a bit ago to test this out.  Right now you can transfer manual and auto saves but not the "settings" data which may be where the trophy data is kept.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MiahMamoon said:

looks like does autopop mate with them saying it on twitter 

ideal, thanks for the info. Not going to save transfer but at least that confirms free upgrade. Might be a similar issue that Far Cry 6 had. For the first day or two it was only available to upgrade for free with a Russian account ?

8 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Embracer Group owns Deep Silver and THQ Nortic but they are still separate entities. Deep Siver published Saints Row 2022.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Uh, THQ Nordic had absolutely nothing to do with Saints Row 2022. lmfaooooo but continue.

6 hours ago, skateak said:

Embracer Group owns Deep Silver and THQ Nortic but they are still separate entities. Deep Siver published Saints Row 2022.

Actually, the Embracer Group is THQ Nordic AB rebranded. The Embracer Group also owns THQ Nordic GmbH, a second company.  I used the name THQ Nordic to refer to the Embracer Group because many people don’t recognize that company. I didn’t realize doing this would cause confusion. THQ Nordic GmbH made no contributions to Saints Row 2022; THQ Nordic AB [the Embracer Group] did.

THQ Nordic AB (now Embracer Group), Deep Silver, and Volition all had a hand in the development of Saints Row (2022). In fact, THQ Nordic AB was the first to announce that Volition would begin developing Saints Row V in 2019, the reboot we now know as Saints Row (2022). This was because THQ Nordic AB had acquired the rights to all of Koch Media’s licensed properties in 2018. Koch Media owned Deep Silver as well as the the license to Saints Row, and when THQ Nordic AB bought Koch Media, they acquired the license. So yes, THQ Nordic AB has definitely been connected with Saints Row (2022) from the beginning. If THQ Nordic AB hadn’t given Volition the green light to begin development, Saints Row (2022) could not have entered development. See these two articles from 2019 and 2018, respectively: 

Gamespot, 2019: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/thq-nordic-a-new-saints-row-is-being-worked-on-plu/1100-6469074/

Destructoid, 2018: https://www.destructoid.com/thq-nordic-acquires-saints-row-publisher-koch-media/

The similar company names and recent name changes confuse matters. From August 2016 until September 2019, there were two THQ Nordics: THQ Nordic GmbH in Austria (formerly Nordic Games GmbH), and THQ Nordic AB in Sweden (formerly Nordic Games Licensing AB). In September 2019, the larger of the two companies, THQ Nordic AB in Sweden, rebranded itself the Embracer Group. The Austrian based THQ Nordic GmbH retained its name, which is probably the cause of confusion. In August 2022, Koch Media changed its name to Plaion. Plaion is still a subsidiary of the the Embracer Group. Deep Silver and Volition still operate under Plaion, and thus are also subsidiaries of the Embracer Group. IGN covered the Embracer Group’s numerous subsidiaries, publisher, developers, and licenses in this August 2022 article: https://www.ign.com/articles/embracer-group-games-studios-games-acquisitions

To quote IGN, “To extend the oft-used familial metaphor, Embracer is the parent company of Plaion (f.k.a. Koch Media) and Saber Interactive, and therefore could be considered the grandparent company of developers like Volition (Saints Row) and 4A games (Metro), which are owned by Plaion and Saber, respectively.”

You may not believe THQ Nordic (or rather, the Embracer Group) was involved with Saints Row (2022). However, look at the Saints Row (2022) wikipedia. At the very bottom of the page, under Development, it lists Deep Silver Volition, and the Embracer Group [formerly THQ Nordic AB]. Even if THQ Nordic, now Embracer Group, isn’t the publisher, they supported the development of Saints Row (2022). As the parent company, they share responsibility for their subsidiary company’s actions. Their lack of oversight on the publishing and development team at Deep Silver Volition allowed the game to be released in its current state. Given Deep Silver and Volition’s past history, I was hoping the Embracer Group would make changes in Deep Silver/Volition’s leadership structure and protect the Saints Row franchise. They did not.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_Row_(2022_video_game)

In the event you don’t believe wikipedia, here is another quote from the previous IGN article: “2018: Embracer's first nine-figure acquisition came in early 2018 when it bought Koch Media/Deep Silver for $150 million. As part of the deal, Embracer became the owner of Dambuster Studios (Dead Island 2, Homefront: The Revolution), Fish Labs (Chorus), and Volition (Saints Row, Red Faction).” 

So yes, THQ Nordic AB/The Embracer Group is a major part of Saints Row (2022), but unfortunately the Embracer Group’s main contribution was silence. They abdicated creative leadership of Saints Row to the Deep Silver/Volition team and are now experiencing a financial and social backlash as a result of their inaction.

I thought people reading this were aware that both Deep Silver/Volition was owned by The Embracer Group, f.k.a. THQ Nordic AB. Apparently, not everyone was. I apologize for any confusion my post caused.

Edited by poetic_justice_

On 9/6/2022 at 10:13 PM, poetic_justice_ said:

Actually, the Embracer Group is THQ Nordic AB rebranded. The Embracer Group also owns THQ Nordic GmbH, a second company.  I used the name THQ Nordic to refer to the Embracer Group because many people don’t recognize that company. I didn’t realize doing this would cause confusion. THQ Nordic GmbH made no contributions to Saints Row 2022; THQ Nordic AB [the Embracer Group] did.

THQ Nordic AB (now Embracer Group), Deep Silver, and Volition all had a hand in the development of Saints Row (2022). In fact, THQ Nordic AB was the first to announce that Volition would begin developing Saints Row V in 2019, the reboot we now know as Saints Row (2022). This was because THQ Nordic AB had acquired the rights to all of Koch Media’s licensed properties in 2018. Koch Media owned Deep Silver as well as the the license to Saints Row, and when THQ Nordic AB bought Koch Media, they acquired the license. So yes, THQ Nordic AB has definitely been connected with Saints Row (2022) from the beginning. If THQ Nordic AB hadn’t given Volition the green light to begin development, Saints Row (2022) could not have entered development. See these two articles from 2019 and 2018, respectively: 

Gamespot, 2019: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/thq-nordic-a-new-saints-row-is-being-worked-on-plu/1100-6469074/

Destructoid, 2018: https://www.destructoid.com/thq-nordic-acquires-saints-row-publisher-koch-media/

The similar company names and recent name changes confuse matters. From August 2016 until September 2019, there were two THQ Nordics: THQ Nordic GmbH in Austria (formerly Nordic Games GmbH), and THQ Nordic AB in Sweden (formerly Nordic Games Licensing AB). In September 2019, the larger of the two companies, THQ Nordic AB in Sweden, rebranded itself the Embracer Group. The Austrian based THQ Nordic GmbH retained its name, which is probably the cause of confusion. In August 2022, Koch Media changed its name to Plaion. Plaion is still a subsidiary of the the Embracer Group. Deep Silver and Volition still operate under Plaion, and thus are also subsidiaries of the Embracer Group. IGN covered the Embracer Group’s numerous subsidiaries, publisher, developers, and licenses in this August 2022 article: https://www.ign.com/articles/embracer-group-games-studios-games-acquisitions

To quote IGN, “To extend the oft-used familial metaphor, Embracer is the parent company of Plaion (f.k.a. Koch Media) and Saber Interactive, and therefore could be considered the grandparent company of developers like Volition (Saints Row) and 4A games (Metro), which are owned by Plaion and Saber, respectively.”

You may not believe THQ Nordic (or rather, the Embracer Group) was involved with Saints Row (2022). However, look at the Saints Row (2022) wikipedia. At the very bottom of the page, under Development, it lists Deep Silver Volition, and the Embracer Group [formerly THQ Nordic AB]. Even if THQ Nordic, now Embracer Group, isn’t the publisher, they supported the development of Saints Row (2022). As the parent company, they share responsibility for their subsidiary company’s actions. Their lack of oversight on the publishing and development team at Deep Silver Volition allowed the game to be released in its current state. Given Deep Silver and Volition’s past history, I was hoping the Embracer Group would make changes in Deep Silver/Volition’s leadership structure and protect the Saints Row franchise. They did not.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_Row_(2022_video_game)

In the event you don’t believe wikipedia, here is another quote from the previous IGN article: “2018: Embracer's first nine-figure acquisition came in early 2018 when it bought Koch Media/Deep Silver for $150 million. As part of the deal, Embracer became the owner of Dambuster Studios (Dead Island 2, Homefront: The Revolution), Fish Labs (Chorus), and Volition (Saints Row, Red Faction).” 

So yes, THQ Nordic AB/The Embracer Group is a major part of Saints Row (2022), but unfortunately the Embracer Group’s main contribution was silence. They abdicated creative leadership of Saints Row to the Deep Silver/Volition team and are now experiencing a financial and social backlash as a result of their inaction.

I thought people reading this were aware that both Deep Silver/Volition was owned by The Embracer Group, f.k.a. THQ Nordic AB. Apparently, not everyone was. I apologize for any confusion my post caused.

Well, shit. I'm definitely not going to argue with that.

Edited by skateak