The game will be F2P starting October 18

Sailar91

Electronic Arts and Maxis announced today that the base game of The Sims 4 will be available for free on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X / S and PC starting October 18, 2022. After eight years and millions of copies sold, the two studios have decided to make the experience free-to-play for all new players, focusing solely on producing new add-on content including expansions and minor DLCs.  This announcement implicitly confirms that support will continue for a long time, and that it is not yet time for a new The Sims.

Source: https://www.ea.com/news/play-the-sims-4-for-free-beginning-october-18

Edited by Sailar91
  • Like 3

you know what.... good for them

The Sims 4 will now live for years & years to come, I got it when it was a PS+ game in Early 2020, then platted it a year later

so all you wishing for a Sims 5 anytime soon, you can put those hopes to rest

(also p.s, i'm not an avid sims player, but why do y'all want a 5th one, this game has like a thousand add-ons and soooo much content from what i've seen and yall want sims 5??)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sailar91 said:

Electronic Arts and Maxis announced today that the base game of The Sims 4 will be available for free on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X / S and PC starting October 18, 2022. After eight years and millions of copies sold, the two studios have decided to make the experience free-to-play for all new players, focusing solely on producing new add-on content including expansions and minor DLCs.  This announcement implicitly confirms that support will continue for a long time, and that it is not yet time for a new The Sims.

Source: https://www.ea.com/news/play-the-sims-4-for-free-beginning-october-18

of all the game that could go free to play, i am surprised they said the sims

I think building a new title and making that F2P from the get-go would have been a stronger plan.

I played it when it was on PS+ and had some time tinkering around with the settings and whatnot, but it wasn't that impressive compared to other simulator games I've played like Tropico and more recently the Planet Coaster that was free.

I am slightly concerned they may add trophies to the title, they haven't since release, but maybe going F2P will change their mind. Definitely hope not, but sounds like we also get a PS5 version.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, J-Isoniemi said:

I don’t think there is gonna be PS5 version at all. They mean PS4 game works with PS5.

It would be great if game developers and publishers didn’t mention the PS5 and Xbox Series if they don’t plan on releasing a native current/9th generation version of their game.

Earlier this year Green Lava Studios said My Name Is Mayo 3 would come to PS4 and PS5, the game came out but there was no native PS5 release in sight. If what they meant was there would only be a PS4 version that’s playable on both the intended platform and on PS5 via backwards compatibility then they should’ve made that very clear in their own marketing.

• Like 1

On 14/09/2022 at 5:05 PM, darkrequiem7 said:

lol, this is at least the 3rd game that has gone free to play after being a PS+ game. Rocket League and Fall Guys also come to mind.

PUBG another... sure there's more, just can't think.

Edit: Knockout City another one.

Edit: Destiny 2 is another.

Edited by whittle181
  • Like 2

On 22/10/2022 at 6:43 AM, whittle181 said:

PUBG another... sure there's more, just can't think.

Edit: Knockout City another one.

Edit: Destiny 2 is another.

EDIT: Nevermind. The reply you quoted already mentioned the games I had in mind.

Should a moderator see this post they can quickly delete it, thanks.

Edited by Dry

On 19.10.2022 at 5:45 AM, Dry said:

It would be great if game developers and publishers didn’t mention the PS5 and Xbox Series if they don’t plan on releasing a native current/9th generation version of their game.

Earlier this year Green Lava Studios said My Name Is Mayo 3 would come to PS4 and PS5, the game came out but there was no native PS5 release in sight. If what they meant was there would only be a PS4 version that’s playable on both the intended platform and on PS5 via backwards compatibility then they should’ve made that very clear in their own marketing.

Yes. Same with Life is Strange Remastered Collection. Still says in their site that there is a PS5 version, it can be even clicked. But there is not. Game is also total carbage, and we are still waiting for promised fixes.

• Like 1