PSNP Interviews: breakingthegreen - Submit Your Questions!

Hello and welcome back to Member Interviews! Our next interviewee is none other than @breakingthegreenDon't go breaking their heart, let's get some questions coming in!

breakingthegreen.png

Questions can be submitted starting now until September 28th, 2022. breakingthegreen has provided the community with a snippet about themselves to help with coming up with questions. 

About Me

Good day everyone.

I'm Breakingthegreen, I'm a person of from the UK, who's only slightly panicking about the personal questions that are coming my way, but you guys have been cordial with everyone else, so I hope you folks continue that streak 1f604.png.  

I've been a Playstation player for literally as long as I can remember, playing PS1 to PS5 and playing a bunch of Vita on the side. I'm a trophy hunter, not a hardline one, but not a hoarder either. What I mean is that I'm perfectly happy to play an "EZPZ" game, if it actually looks like a half-decent game, and I mostly only play the iffy ones when going for milestones. The kinds of games I play is annoyingly, a jack of all trades. I do tend to favour 3D Platformers, Telltale-style stories and the occasional RPG; but I do have only a limited love the overly complex games like MOBAs or fighting games.

I've written 2 guides on this site, (Twin Mirror and Doctor Who: The Lonely Assassins) but since those games are pretty basic to get the platinum in, I don't think of myself as a guide author since you could probably work out my tips yourself if you played either of these games; I'm also not planning any guides at the current time.

Outside of this site, I am training to be a nurse and I haven't failed my exams yet, I've been training for 4 years so far since COVID halted the breaks for me in progressing.

Hobby-wise: there's games obviously, but I do also have a love for escape rooms and swimming, but not at the same time. I do have a love for the logic puzzles that escape rooms provide, I even entered logic puzzle competitions back when I was in school, I didn't win, but I constantly got in the top ten percent, which is good enough for me :). I like collecting smaller collectibles from things I like. In fact, I have recently bought way too many cuddly toys of Ratchet from Ratchet and Cank.

I watch TV a lot too, mostly UK-based stuff like Taskmaster, Ghosts, and Doctor Who (especially Doctor Who.) I also enjoy animation of all kinds, from Amphibia to Anime, Spider-verse to Spirited Away.

I am very shy irl and stutter easily and will second guess every move I make with people I talk to. While I'm not the greatest social butterfly, if you met me, you'd probably have had to deal with an unnatural amount of puns that I had to remove from this "About Me" for being too excessive.

Hope y'all are nice <3

Interview setup 

The setup for all PSNP interviews will be as follows:

1. After the new interviewee have been revealed, the PSNP community will have 10 days to ask their questions. While the community is coming up with questions, the interviewee has the time to work on the 17 standard questions
  2. After those 10 days, those questions, along with the standard questions, will be sent to the interviewee.
  3. The interviewee will have another 7 days to answer as many of the questions as they want.
  4. Once the interviewee has finished answering the questions, I will post the whole interview in a new thread.

How to be an Interviewee

If anyone wants to be interviewed all they have to do is say they would like to be added to the interview signup thread. After that the member will be added to the list of potential interviewees.

List of questions

Standard Questions

1. How did you come up with your PSN name?
  2. What games convinced you to get your PlayStation 3, Playstation Vita, PlayStation 4, and Playstation 5?
  3. What are your top 5 game series and why?
  4. What are your top 5 games and why?
  5. Which unreleased game(s) are you looking forward to the most and why?
  6. Do you have any other hobbies outside of gaming?
  7. Top 5 TV shows, Movies, and/or anime, why, and would you recommend them to people?
  8. Top 5 favorite music bands/group/artists/composers/OST?
  9. Your favorite platinum and why?
  10. Your least favorite platinum and why?
  11. Have you ever been tempted to switch over to the Xbox/Nintendo/PC gaming ecosystems?
  12. If you could have one game from any gaming generation be remade or re-released, which one would it be and why?
  13. How far are you willing to go for a platinum?
  14. If you could give Sony direct feedback on business decisions in the last year, and the latest console generation, what would you tell them?
  15. What is your favorite thing about PSNP?
  16. What is your least favorite thing about PSNP?
  17. Is there anyone in the PSNP Community you would like to give a shout-out to and if so, why?

PSNP Community Questions (updated periodically)

1. When did you start to be interested in trophies and what made you join PSNP?
  2. What's your opinion on Brexit?
  3. Since you're a fan of animation, which animation studio do you think is the best in the business right now?

4. Are there any of your past GOTY picks that you don't think hold up anymore?

5. With the year winding down, what's your current pick for GOTY that you've played, and do you think there's anything new coming this year that might dethrone your current pick?

6. Liz Truss, how much worse than Theresa May and Boris Johnson are you expecting her to be?

7. Who's one historic British figure beloved by the UK that you think is a wanker? 

8. Toughest platinum of the year?

9. Since you say you adore platformers, why haven't you played the best platformer I've ever played? :awesome:

10. Are there any games you love but would never even consider getting the platinum for?

11. Was there any reason or motivation in particular that made you want to study to become a nurse?

12. With you being shy IRL & having some issues with communicating like stuttering & wondering if you should have said what you said or not, how do you usually deal with that when meeting new people? And do you think this would affect your ability to communicate with patients/doctors after being a nurse?

13. What is your favorite go-to pun?

14. What is your opinion on the 13th Doctor, the female one? I know this caused a lot of controversy in the Doctor Who community with a lot of fans boycotting the show & stopped watching altogether.

15. If you were to write another guide, is there any game in particular you'd be interested in writing for?

16. Are there any guides this year you've used that you'd like to give a shout-out to specifically?

17. Do you have any memorable escape room stories?

18. What was the first game you played that really got you into gaming, if you can remember it? And if so, do you think the game still holds up today?

19. What game do you think deserves a full-blown remake?

20. Who is your favourite Doctor and what was your favourite overall season?
  21. I kind of fell off the show during Capaldi's run and only sat through a few episodes of Jodie's, but I'm thinking of getting back into it once RTD comes back as showrunner. What have your thoughts been on Jodie's run, and are you excited for next season?
  22. Least favourite Doctor, episode, and monster/villain?
  23. If there was going to be a game made based on a particular DW episode, which one would you most like to play?
  24. Favourite and least favourite companion(s)?
  25. Who would your fancast be to play a future Doctor (or companion)?
  26. Did you also watch/like Torchwood?
  27. If GB would be connected by a landbridge, would you prefer it going to France or to Norway?

28. What is the difference between two identical things?

29. Stack rank your top 10 Taskmaster contestants.

30. If you had to rank every game you've ever played from best to worst, which one do you think would be in the exact middle?
  31. If you had to pick three videogame NPC characters, with whom you will attend the wedding of one of your exes, and you all have to drive there in a small eco-friendly car, for a minimum of a 13 hour drive, and you have to be the driver the entire way, and you know that one of them will be choosing all the music you listen to, one will get slightly too drunk and loud at the wedding, and one will be picking the outfit you wear, which three do you pick, and why?

32. What's your opinion of mint chocolate?

33. How many Weetabix is too many Weetabix? 

34. What is a game that everybody seems to love that you really couldn't get into?

35. Do you prefer your trophies shaken or stirred??! 1f61c.png

36. Best Studio Ghibli film?

37. What's the worst movie with your favourite actor?

38. What's the best movie with an actor you hate in the lead role?

39. Do you like to cheese games as much as Lizzie likes cheese?

40. What do twiglets taste like? I've never had one (we don't have them in NA), but I'm curious to know.

41. I also have a stutter, so I can definitely sympathize with the issues that come with having one. I applaud your willingness to share about it; for most of my life I didn't want to talk about mine because I was embarrassed, but as I get older I trying more and more to be as open about it as possible (it's part of who I am, after all). If you're willing to share, I'm curious to know: how do you feel when other people feel the need to finish a sentence for you? Personally, I find it infuriating - I'd much rather people allow me to take the time and finish my thoughts for myself, even though it can be a struggle at times. When they talk on my behalf, it's like they're so uncomfortable with my struggle that they just need to end their own discomfort by speaking for me. How do you feel about it?

Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 4

Since you're a fan of animation, which animation studio do you think is the best in the business right now?

Are there any of your past GOTY picks that you don't think hold up anymore?

With the year winding down, what's your current pick for GOTY that you've played, and do you think there's anything new coming this year that might dethrone your current pick?

Liz Truss, how much worse than Theresa May and Boris Johnson are you expecting her to be?

Who's one historic British figure beloved by the UK that you think is a wanker? 

Toughest platinum of the year?

• Like 2

Are there any games you love but would never even consider getting the platinum for?

Was there any reason or motivation in particular that made you want to study to become a nurse?

With being shy irl & having some issues with communicating like stuttering & wondering if you should have said what you said or not, how do you usually deal with that when meeting new people? And do you think this would affect your ability to communicate with patients/doctors after being a nurse?

What is your favorite go to pun?

What is your opinion on the 13th Doctor, the female one. I know this caused a lot of controversy in the Doctor Who community with a lot of fans boycotting the show & stopped watching altogether.

If you were to write another guide, is there any game in particular you'd be interested in writing for?

Are there any guides this year you've used that you'd like to give a shout-out to specifically?

Do you have any memorable escape room stories?

What was the first game you played that really got you into gaming if you can remember it. And if so, do you think the game still holds up today?

What game do you think deserves a full blown remake?

• Like 2

Bumping this with some DW questions ?:

• Who is your favourite Doctor and what was your favourite overall season?
  • I kind of fell off the show during Capaldi's run and only sat through a few episodes of Jodie's, but I'm thinking of getting back into it once RTD comes back as showrunner. What have your thoughts been on Jodie's run, and are you excited for next season?
  • Least favourite Doctor, episode, and monster/villain?
  • If there was going to be a game made based on a particular DW episode, which one would you most like to play?
  • Favourite and least favourite companion(s)?
  • If there was going to be a game made based on a particular episode, which one would you most like to play?
  • Who would your fancast be to play a future Doctor (or companion)?
  • Did you also watch/like Torchwood?
Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Charizarzar said:

Bumping this with some DW questions 1f61d.png:

• Who is your favourite Doctor and what was your favourite overall season?
  • I kind of fell off the show during Capaldi's run and only sat through a few episodes of Jodie's, but I'm thinking of getting back into it once RTD comes back as showrunner. What have your thoughts been on Jodie's run, and are you excited for next season?
  • Least favourite Doctor, episode, and monster/villain?
  • If there was going to be a game made based on a particular DW episode, which one would you most like to play?
  • Favourite and least favourite companion(s)?
  • If there was going to be a game made based on a particular episode, which one would you most like to play?
  • Who would your fancast be to play a future Doctor (or companion)?

Finally, the real questions at last! ?

• Like 1

If you had to rank every game you've ever played from best to worst, which one do you think would be in the exact middle?

also:

If you had to pick three videogame NPC characters, with whom you will attend the wedding of one of your exes.

You all have to drive there in a small eco-friendly car, for a minimum of a 13 hour drive, and you have to be the driver the entire way.

You know that one of them will be choosing all the music you listen to, one will get slightly too drunk and loud at the wedding, and one will be picking the outfit you wear.

Which three do you pick, and why?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

What do twiglets taste like? I've never had one (we don't have them in NA), but I'm curious to know.

I also have a stutter, so I can definitely sympathize with the issues that come with having one. I applaud your willingness to share about it; for most of my life I didn't want to talk about mine because I was embarrassed, but as I get older I trying more and more to be as open about it as possible (it's part of who I am, after all). If you're willing to share, I'm curious to know: how do you feel when other people feel the need to finish a sentence for you? Personally, I find it infuriating - I'd much rather people allow me to take the time and finish my thoughts for myself, even though it can be a struggle at times. When they talk on my behalf, it's like they're so uncomfortable with my struggle that they just need to end their own discomfort by speaking for me. How do you feel about it?

• Like 2