Most annoying trophy grind?

Maceoo2011

Diablo 3 - All That Glitters (Pick up 5 million gold)     Ive beaten it several times and am level 7 paragon and am not even to 3 million.  Would be better if it was combined with money you sold items with...Last trophy needed for platinum.

• 2 weeks later...

Final Fantasy XIII:  Treasure Hunter- Held every weapon and accessory. This one took me two 140+ hour long playthroughs to finally get right.

Tomb Raider:  True Commitment- Reach Level 60 in multiplayer. Several days of carrying medkits alone in Rescue mode, and I did it twice for PS3 and PS4.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood:  Download Complete- Reach Level 50 in multiplayer. Almost an entire month in sessions with other boosters just stunning each other for exp.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood:  Abstergo Employee Of The Month- Get every single multiplayer bonus at least once. It was like pulling teeth to get sessions together to do all the requirements correctly. I'd get chronic no-shows every time I'd try to get something going.

Beside the level 55 grind and social treasure from ACIV and Treasure Hunter from FFXIII, I would have to say Now Do You Understand from Bleach:  Soul Resurreccion was a grind.  You have to reach level 175 for every character in the game (there are 19 total characters, you do the math :D)

Probably infamous blast shards were my most annoying grind. Just took to long to find so many annoying little things on several playthroughs:( 

And maybe the beast trophy for Army of Two 40th day... had to kill 6,666 enemies in campaign

Edited by JDUBnorcal

Almost all MP trophies!

Most of the time I really leave all of then behind, I'm so cool with coop, if you want to add Replayability add coop, it's fun and makes the experience different. Just avoid this mess of MP.

Right now I want to complete kingdom Hearts (95%), but I seriously think the gummi ships are annoying, but it's bearable, so I'm going to work on it.

Mine would have to be a handful of "Street Fighter X Tekken" trophies. They're all kind of similar, but equally annoying, like "Finish a round with a Cross Art 300 times", or "Finish a round with a Super Art 300 times". I waited to do these two last and it was a mind-numbingly boring, long, tedious nightmare. It easily took me six to eight hours - probably more - to do these two trophies. The worst part was that I did it in an entire afternoon. I'm kind of ashamed to say my eyes actually hurt once I had them completed lol, but it was worth it. Super proud of da platinum. :D

• 7 years later...

I just finished playing Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1+2, and, man, that grind to career level 100 for SilverONE HUNDRED! was rough going... In the end, I think I spent about 8 hours performing the same inputs for 7-10 seconds then restarting the level over and over and over... It's one of my favorite game series of all time, but even I wanted to eat my own face toward the end of it.

Still, at least it involved some skill, unlike Battle Princess Madelyn, which involved playing the same 10-second enemy-less section of a level seemingly ad infinitum in order to collect an arbitrary amount of worthless coins for GoldJust saving up for my own castle!

Then there was Tomb Raider, where SilverTrue Commitment (Reach level 60 in multiplayer) required 10 hours of repeatedly playing the same multiplayer stage solo. The only joy to be had there was that the things I needed to pick up were in semi-random locations. Yay. And what did I get for reaching level 60? Why! I got to be at level 60...! *sobs*

The worst grind for me, though (and this will be controversial for some), was Death Stranding's GoldGrowth of a Legend. (Best Beloved was bad enough, but I got that trophy on the way to this one.) 60 hours spent doing that... The first few hours were kind of chill, just enjoying setting up and using my travel network. Then little naive me realized how much longer I had to keep going...and I slowly went mad... Sure some people like the game, and that's cool, but it really wasn't my jam. In fact, it was the exact opposite of my jam. It was someone else's jam, which was discolored, smelled off, and had bits of unidentifiable stuff in it. Like I said, I went mad.

Edited by Jammer_Key
Post inserted into other thread, so taken out unnecessary question.