Fallout 4 coming to PS5 (update: April 25th 2024)

Larzz

10 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

If you go higher than 60 fps on fallout 4, the physics engine goes crazy, and props will go flying, and enemies will move faster

Yep. In 2020 I've played with the fps on PC and anything above 60 completely destroy the game: you literally can't jump, cars randomly flying around the map, npc move & shoot like 50% faster + many more weird things making the game almost unplayable. The game is made for 60 fps max.

• Like 2

I bought the PS4 version of the game on the PS Store a while back, and I still haven't gotten around to playing it. Will the PS5 upgrade just be a patch to the existing PS4 version of the game, or will I have to buy a PS5 version of the game?

31 minutes ago, rsh2112 said:

I bought the PS4 version of the game on the PS Store a while back, and I still haven't gotten around to playing it. Will the PS5 upgrade just be a patch to the existing PS4 version of the game, or will I have to buy a PS5 version of the game?

It's a free upgrade to the game itself so it shouldn't matter if you have a digital or retail copy, you will get it regardless.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Performance mode only 60fps 🥲

The PS5 is only a $400 console, it's not strong enough to handle a world this size with this many objects doing 60fps/4K. People shouldn't really expect it to be the norm when it comes to games with this much size/depth unless they're made from the ground up with it in mind. There are a few exceptions to the rule (Cyberpunk, GTA 5, Witcher 3) but the vast majority of expansive games like this are not 60 outside of performance mode. It's just a limitation of the hardware being mid tier in quality and cost. It sucks bc something like Witcher pulled it off so well, but I guess it depends on the engine previously/currently being used and how good the current crop of devs in any company is. You see games like FF7 Rebirth and 16 being in 30/4K or 60/1080p only and it  kind of tells us that even the top dogs are having trouble making it happen with bigger games.

Luckily it's a great game so everyone should just suck it up and enjoy it with what we get. Your eyes get used to 30fps within a few minutes and you won't even mind it after an hour.

Edited by ChibsSoA
  • Confused 2

More than happy about this and after watching the new TV series recently (which is excellent btw) I am ready to invest my time into all of this again from the start. Absolutely loved it back in 2015 and glad it's getting a lick of PS5 paint.

The DLC was excellent although I didn't finish Nuka World as I got annoyed with the 100k tickets lol. I am gonna go back to it though and get familiar with controls etc.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ChibsSoA said:

The PS5 is only a $400 console, it's not strong enough to handle a world this size with this many objects doing 60fps/4K. People shouldn't really expect it to be the norm when it comes to games with this much size/depth unless they're made from the ground up with it in mind. There are a few exceptions to the rule (Cyberpunk, GTA 5, Witcher 3) but the vast majority of expansive games like this are not 60 outside of performance mode. It's just a limitation of the hardware being mid tier in quality and cost. It sucks bc something like Witcher pulled it off so well, but I guess it depends on the engine previously/currently being used and how good the current crop of devs in any company is. You see games like FF7 Rebirth and 16 being in 30/4K or 60/1080p only and it  kind of tells us that even the top dogs are having trouble making it happen with bigger games.

Luckily it's a great game so everyone should just suck it up and enjoy it with what we get. Your eyes get used to 30fps within a few minutes and you won't even mind it after an hour.

A fucking 5000 dollar computer cant even do 4k 60fps. PS5 is fine as it is, devs need to get better programmers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashbo said:

More than happy about this and after watching the new TV series recently (which is excellent btw) I am ready to invest my time into all of this again from the start. Absolutely loved it back in 2015 and glad it's getting a lick of PS5 paint.

The DLC was excellent although I didn't finish Nuka World as I got annoyed with the 100k tickets lol. I am gonna go back to it though and get familiar with controls etc.

There's an exploit for the 100 tickets that I really hope they do not patch out with the next gen version because I aint doing all that!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rsh2112 said:

I read other posts where they’re speculating a free upgrade or a patch for those that own a ps4 version!

• Like 1

Do we know what changes will be made to the PS4 version? I'm happy to play it as is but as I didn't download the DLC beforehand and now they are all bugged I'm guessing I'll need the new patch to get everything installed for 100%

12 minutes ago, ZombiJoel_Tlou3 said:

4090 costs like a million and only 20 more fps what a waste of money! Dogtown is even worse!

Fallout 4 is CPU bound, so no matter how good of a GPU you have, it's not going to make a ton of a difference. Same can be said about Star Citizen, a good CPU is way more important

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

There's an exploit for the 100 tickets that I really hope they do not patch out with the next gen version because I aint doing all that!

Out of interest, what's this glitch? Currently tidying up my FO4 list bc I won't go back to it once the PS5 version drops and just have Nuka World to finish up

To note, I installed the game and all DLC yesterday, but the Automatron DLC crashes the game on load up, so you can't actually play the game lol.

If you are wanting to play the game or do parts again like I plan to, just don't install the Automatron DLC.

I'm guessing this will be fixed when the PS5 upgrade lands next week. 

16 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

To note, I installed the game and all DLC yesterday, but the Automatron DLC crashes the game on load up, so you can't actually play the game lol.

If you are wanting to play the game or do parts again like I plan to, just don't install the Automatron DLC.

I'm guessing this will be fixed when the PS5 upgrade lands next week. 

I had the same exact issue few days ago. Thankfully I've already compeleted the Automatron dlc.

19 hours ago, Martain2 said:

Do we know what changes will be made to the PS4 version? I'm happy to play it as is but as I didn't download the DLC beforehand and now they are all bugged I'm guessing I'll need the new patch to get everything installed for 100%

Here's the official press release: https://bethesda.net/en/article/4s2bXQEbpcrsdCZhUYLHAi/fallout-4-is-getting-free-updates

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jibxi said:

Out of interest, what's this glitch? Currently tidying up my FO4 list bc I won't go back to it once the PS5 version drops and just have Nuka World to finish up

You can just duplicate all the tickets you need for the trophy. It's really easy to do

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jibxi said:

There's the one above, plus these :):

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Juzota said:

I had the same exact issue few days ago. Thankfully I've already compeleted the Automatron dlc.

Yeh thankfully I have too.

May even give 76 a run out aswell. I know it was very mixed on release and I was in the boat of it looks and sounds like an empty boring MP experience, but when playing it with mates, I actually enjoyed it for what it was, yes it's by no means brilliant, but I havent touched it since I got the plat a few years back, so I wouldn't mind seeing how it is now with whatever else they have added/updated since then.

I'll definitely consider playing it again if it gets a PS5 upgrade. 

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

You can just duplicate all the tickets you need for the trophy. It's really easy to do

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

There's the one above, plus these :):

Thank you both!!