Fallout 4 coming to PS5 (update: April 25th 2024)

Larzz

30 minutes ago, Anke said:

Same here PS4 GOTY edition changed from saying Purchased to now £34.99. 

Same here but the normal version is free and so is all the dlc. Just have to download them seperately.

Edited by Mr_Marty84

Managed to get the free PS5 upgrade by just inserting the disc, no problem.

PS+ version is not eligible for the free upgrade because I also own that version and it tried to charge for it.

If this doesn't have autopop then I will make this my next milestone plat. If it does, I'll autopop right away. 

34 minutes ago, Anke said:

Same here PS4 GOTY edition changed from saying Purchased to now £34.99. 

If you have a disc copy it allows you to download the ps5 update that’s a saving grace until they fix the GOTY store edition , but when I go to download the dlc it just says it’s the ps4 version so idk what’s going on 

Edited by RawrItsAndrew

So saw the free upgrade only applies to the standard edition, then noticed all the DLC were free. I have the ps4 GotY, but would have thought the bundle itself would be free.

Edited by Shemhazat

5 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Managed to get the free PS5 upgrade by just inserting the disc, no problem.

PS+ version is not eligible for the free upgrade because I also own that version and it tried to charge for it.

If this doesn't have autopop then I will make this my next milestone plat. If it does, I'll autopop right away. 

Alright just me know since I don't to waste hours just for benevolent leader all over again

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moonsilver said:

Kinda gross to not let people know the PS+ version wouldn't get the upgrade before taking away the sale price on the DLC. 

I don't think this has ever been the case, as far as I know there have never been any PSPlus versions that were given free upgrades.
I just waited for the PS5 version to be released and grabbed the GOTY Edition.

Anyone having the same issue? I bought the GOTY version while ago and now I got the upgrade for the base game only and the GOTY version is priced for me in the store. The DLC's are free however only for the ps4 basically because I have the GOTY but why the dlc doesn't show up for the ps5 version? Any idea

Edited by TheVicarHeahmund

2 minutes ago, JoaLoft said:

And also: I transferred my 100% saves from PS4 to PS5: no autopop, not even after making a few kills. Looks like you'll have to replay the entire game and the expansions. Thank God May is such a quiet month in terms of interesting games.

I'm actually glad about this as I really wanted to experience it all again.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DonnyRomance said:

Same here, have both versions of the game and the PS5 version is priced at £15. Very weird..

Maybe you played it on PS+ or bought it on another account. was £15 for me as well on one account but free when I checked if I bought it on another. 

Just now, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

Maybe you played it on PS+ or bought it on another account. was £15 for me as well on one account but free when I checked if I bought it on another. 

Ah okay. So i just checked and its because i initially played it on disc (dont have anymore). Now downloaded the PS+ version and turns out the save file doesnt transfer and cant get the PS5 upgrade!

A double whammy in trying to play it..

I just put the goty edition in the ps5 & instantly got the option to upgrade to the ps5 version for free. As for the dlcs all of them appeared as free for ps4/ps5 under the ps5 version so it's all functional for the physical version at least.

It's still showing me all the DLCs as free in the store but $19.99 for the cheapest version of the game, despite owning a digital copy of all of them (though it's been so long I honestly can't remember if FO4 was a PS+ download or not).

Here in NA, I'm just hoping it updates to free at noon, but if not, I will gladly skip this upgrade if that's how it'll work.

20 minutes ago, jtmart59 said:

Alright just me know since I don't to waste hours just for benevolent leader all over again

Oh, I'm not testing the autopop. I'm waiting for someone else lol. 

I can't drag down my account completion any further with a potential partial autopop!

Well, it seems like I'm going to need to buy the 20€ version to play the PS5 upgrade since I only own the PS Plus version now, despite having paid for the season pass dlcs when I had it on disc. Irony is, I sold my disc version of Fallout 4 not long ago for 20€. Todd always finds a way to get my money, because Todd...Todd never changes.

Just now, ITALUKE said:

Well, it seems like I'm going to need to buy the 20€ version to play the PS5 upgrade since I only own the PS Plus version now, despite having paid for the season pass dlcs when I had it on disc. Irony is, I sold my disc version of Fallout 4 not long ago for 20€. Todd always finds a way to get my money, because Todd...Todd never changes.

Exactly the same boat. Sold it thinking 'I have it free digitally why would I ever need it again?'

They knew exactly what they were doing..

2 minutes ago, ITALUKE said:

At least you can get the DLC's for free, they have a new store listing labeled as PS4/PS5 and they are free if you own the PS4 version already.

Downloading atm, I remember I was playing this on ps4 when it first came out and was close enough to getting the plat but then my ps4 died and I lost my save and never went back to it, but by god am I gonna plat this bitch now ;) ! and I'm gonna enjoy every minute of it :eyebrow:

😂😂😂

• Like 1

Not played Fallout 4 in nearly 10 years and the TV Show has made me want to play it again. It will feel like playing it first time again as can't remember a lot of it. 

I did have all the DLCs as had season pass but only played Far Harbor and Automatron. Didn't actually play the Nuka World one. I think it's better now playing it all in one go as when I was waiting for DLC to release I played other things and couldn't get back into it just for the DLC so now can play it as a complete package. 

• Like 2