Fallout 4 coming to PS5 (update: April 25th 2024)

Larzz

In regards to a few trophies:

Benevolent Leader: this does not auto pop obviously, but, I had a save where the settlement was at 89 happiness, got it back up to 100 and it popped. So if you have an old save with 100 happiness, maybe try to dip it down, and bring it back up, it may give it to you. If not, do it with a settlement that’s not at 100% yet.

leveling trophies: I leveled up 1 level, 74 to 75, and it gave me all the trophies for leveling up between level 1 and 50. 

crafting trophies wont work if you’ve hit the in game counter already, but I had a save where I must have been 10 or so weapon mods short, because I crafter 10 mods and it gave me the one for crafting 50 mods.

touchdown trophy can be unlocked by killing yourself with a mini nuke at your feet.

Home run trophy won’t unlock in the save I’ve done it in already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChilledBrandon said:

Played a couple of hours and I'm incredibly impressed with this update. The game looks gorgeous and runs super smooth now. It seems to be a constant, stable 60fps and if there is dips I haven't noticed any so far. Even with some of the more intensive sections where I recall the PS4 really struggling to run it. In many ways, this is the Fallout 4 I always dreamed of playing and I'm so happy to play it on PS5.

Does the PS5 version take advantage of the DualSense (haptic feedback, adaptive triggers)?

Does anyone actually have confirmation that CC items won't cause the 0KB bug anymore? There was a time where I did buy CC stuff (Including the paint jobs) before knowing how some of them borked the game, and it would be cool to use them all again like Skyrim (Since Fallout 4 PS5 is limited with mods, and when going for the platinum, it's nice to have different additions). Kind of want to activate but don't want to cause it to happen. (And for me, and some others, Tunnel Snakes actually caused a corruption with a savefile of mine). I don't think it takes too long to find out such a thing, but just wanted to check.

Some CC are safe, like the Zetan one, the Dragonborn helm/sword, Chinese suit etc.

Im staring over from scratch and im fine with it but im wondering if there’s a better build for all the trophies than the old idiot savant one? Im assuming with all the dlc’s now there way more viable ways to get to 50 and since I played that way my whole last playthrough im thinking of trying something else.

1 minute ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Im staring over from scratch and im fine with it but im wondering if there’s a better build for all the trophies than the old idiot savant one? Im assuming with all the dlc’s now there way more viable ways to get to 50 and since I played that way my whole last playthrough im thinking of trying something else.

After all DLCs just spam the cheapest item in the settlement

Might be a silly question but how do i get the free upgrade to PS5? I can see it in my library on the PS5 but if i click it, I go to the PS4 version and it just says download. 

10 hours ago, ChilledBrandon said:

Played a couple of hours and I'm incredibly impressed with this update. The game looks gorgeous and runs super smooth now. It seems to be a constant, stable 60fps and if there is dips I haven't noticed any so far. Even with some of the more intensive sections where I recall the PS4 really struggling to run it. In many ways, this is the Fallout 4 I always dreamed of playing and I'm so happy to play it on PS5.

You're making me want to install it lol

It was the same with the PS5 version of Skyrim. The 60 frames really brought out the beauty of the game.

And not a single bugged quest or crash (outside of going too far with the restoration exploit IYKYK)

It was the first time I ever wilfully put down Skyrim, as opposed to being forced to stop playing due to long loading screens and ever increasing bugs.

1 hour ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

Might be a silly question but how do i get the free upgrade to PS5? I can see it in my library on the PS5 but if i click it, I go to the PS4 version and it just says download. 

Do you own the physical or digital version? 

It's now up on PS Plus Extra, I'm downloading it right now. I have no idea if it's only available to people with Plus Extra or if people who claimed it when it was given away ages ago can also claim the upgrade for free. 

It is only for those who have PS plus extra. Those who got it from the ps plus collection and have ps essential do not get the free update :(

Sadly that is the only version I have right now. I used to have it on disc but got rid of it when I got it on ps plus. If I had know I would have bought it while it was on sale

2 hours ago, Larzz said:

Do you own the physical or digital version? 

Both, it worked this time, maybe I just had to wait

Edited by Ac3dUd3-
  • Like 1

Those worried about the Benevolent leader, it seems it's a bit easier with the update (Aleast for the PS5, I don't know about 4). While it still takes time, it looks like happiness can go up a little faster. I had Sanctuary Hills on 20% with a red arrow when the Minutemen came along, set up stuff and left without putting up a radio beacon, it's now at 75%, and seems to be climbing up. I could be wrong, but it feels faster then what I remember, especially after it has the red arrow.

I've been playing for about 10 hours or so already on Performance mode and noticed a few oddities still lingering on the PS5 version. Some examples include building clipping/texture stuttering and even some bugs out in the open world/in Lexington (so far). While these are minor issues, the game has crashed on me during the Vault 81 quest line, but so far that is about it; however, if memory serves for some reason that location in-particular has issues even on the PS4 version.

Besides what was listed above, the game plays great (so far) and hopefully it continues to do so. The crash mentioned earlier was a bit of a bummer as that was the first time it happened, but.....this is crashthesda we are talking about after all. While not the same game, my game did crash once while playing Skyrim on PS5....albeit I was breaking the game at that point, but whatever. 

12 hours ago, x410xDragon said:

I've been playing for about 10 hours or so already on Performance mode and noticed a few oddities still lingering on the PS5 version. Some examples include building clipping/texture stuttering and even some bugs out in the open world/in Lexington (so far). While these are minor issues, the game has crashed on me during the Vault 81 quest line, but so far that is about it; however, if memory serves for some reason that location in-particular has issues even on the PS4 version.

Besides what was listed above, the game plays great (so far) and hopefully it continues to do so. The crash mentioned earlier was a bit of a bummer as that was the first time it happened, but.....this is crashthesda we are talking about after all. While not the same game, my game did crash once while playing Skyrim on PS5....albeit I was breaking the game at that point, but whatever. 

I challenge you to find a big game that doesn't have a single z-fighting texture anywhere. That aside, I've had a few crashes too on PS5, and crashing on console in general does stand out much more, but other than that the impressions are good — it's a pretty good version of the game.