Fallout 4 coming to PS5 (update: April 25th 2024)

Larzz

On 4/15/2024 at 12:52 PM, Nav_Nav69 said:

i hope this upgrade will work with the ps plus library version of the game. 

It will not work. You need to buy the game, thats why its on sale until 24th of April. Standard edition $4.99 and GOTY edition $9.99

2 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I wonder how jarring it would be to just jump back in to clear out the DLCs after a nearly decade since playing it, essentially going in to the game blind right to the post game

I  sort of did that twice. I first played Fallout 4 before I was a trophy hunter. Returned years later to get the platinum. Then years later after that to do the 100%. Each time it just felt like riding a bike. Fallout is probably the easiest to pick up in terms of controls and systems after you've done it at least once. You'll be fine.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I  sort of did that twice. I first played Fallout 4 before I was a trophy hunter. Returned years later to get the platinum. Then years later after that to do the 100%. Each time it just felt like riding a bike. Fallout is probably the easiest to pick up in terms of controls and systems after you've done it at least once. You'll be fine.

Hmmm, I might have to do it. I bought the season pass way back when, Idk why I didn't end up doing most of the DLC at the time

16 hours ago, DAS2in1 said:

It will not work. You need to buy the game, thats why its on sale until 24th of April. Standard edition $4.99 and GOTY edition $9.99

Where is the GOTY edition $9.99? Because I'm seeing Standard $4.99, and Season Pass at $12.24, but GOTY is $39.99... On US PSN.

1 hour ago, MonkeyAlienBruce said:

Where is the GOTY edition $9.99? Because I'm seeing Standard $4.99, and Season Pass at $12.24, but GOTY is $39.99... On US PSN.

Just checked and the GOTY version is not reduced on the US store, but it is on the EU store (at least it is at the Spanish one).

Edited by breakXedge
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I'm thinking about it, I have at least an old roadmap already from my old guide, but I did a lot of save scumming on that with Idiot Savant to get to level 50 without grinding or doing anything extra. 

If I redo this, I wanna remove the save scumming as it's just annoying to me now, but removing that means we will only be about level 30 after having everything else (you don't naturally hit level 50 going for platinum as a lot of guides state). But if I add the DLC into the guide, then should hit level 50 naturally.....I hope!

So yea, if I do this, will likely be a 100% guide, my dilemma at the moment is I have absolutely no idea where or when I can fit this in as I still have other games to get to ;(

Sounds like a relatively big undertaking, like your Witcher 3 guide.

Edited by VI_Ulyanov
  • Like 1

I want to know if it's going to auto pop trophies or not. I never played the DLC, and I see that the season pass is on sale until the end of the day. I guess I'll wait and see, and if it auto pops, I'll buy the season pass when it goes on sale again.

Edited by NathanW18

6 hours ago, NathanW18 said:

I want to know if it's going to auto pop trophies or not. I never played the DLC, and I see that the season pass is on sale until the end of the day. I guess I'll wait and see, and if it auto pops, I'll buy the season pass when it goes on sale again.

The odds are it won't, because Skyrim had cross-save but didn't auto-pop anything when used - you had to start a new game from scratch to get the trophies.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The odds are it won't, because Skyrim had cross-save and didn't auto-pop anything when used - you had to start a new game from scratch to get the trophies.

Damn, that sucks. I don't have any interest in replaying the main campaign. I'll skip this idea then.

When it's the 25th in Australia, and you have to wait until tomorrow for the update, /sigh. And likely, due to internet and download speed, you might have to wait until Saturday to play it.

Oh, @NathanW18 Yeah what HuntingFever said, there were some trophies my old savefile on Skyrim had auto popped, but it was kind of random, I don't remember the main questline being popped (And there were some specific trophies I had to repeat the action for). So I assume with Fallout 4 with some trophies like hacking or levelling up, you just need to do it once more then the trophy will pick up. I do love the game, but I dread having to do the main questline unless they fixed it (The Railroad bugged up for me near the end, resulting me in not getting their trophy, had to do with that Synth insider that was in the Institute)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SeBEST2099 said:

Be me:

Excited to replay fallout 4 for 300 time in yet another platform. Remembers the benevolent leader trophy and the nuka cola trophies... 

Vault Boy "Hold Up" | Know Your Meme

I never had any issues with the benevolent leader trophy, it popped for me naturally because i just made sure that my red rocket had everything it needed. And unless they patch the dogmeat dupe, the nuka world trophies shouldnt be an issue either.

Very excited to try this tomorrow. I bought Fallout 4 GOTY on sale a long time ago and I've kept meaning to go back to it ever since. 

So much content I haven't touched yet as I didn't get too far in to the main story at all, I never played the DLC's either.

It'll be nice to play it with all the quality of life improvments and enhancements that come with a PS5 version.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RawrItsAndrew said:

Having to wait till the 26th in Australia to play this is annoying 🤣 I have a 4 day weekend I was planning to sink into the game now one days basically gonna be wasted straight up 😩

Right? And the download speed, in AUSTRALIA! It's basically going to be waiting until Saturday. I really wished games would just release on the actual date for the Southern Hemisphere. All of Oceania, South and East Asia are already on the 25th April. And I am not even sure what time it will be out, 10am for us in Australia? Who knows.

My gut tells me it won't be an autopop, but if you upload a completed save, any cumulative trophies such as "Wasteland D.I.Y." , "Fix-Er-Upper" , "Animal Control" etc will pop the next time you craft an item, build a a workshop item or kill an enemy. Much like they did with Skyrim on PS5. I believe The Witcher 3's PS5 upgrade also worked in the same fashion. However you will need to replay the game from scratch to grab all the quest related trophies. At least if you do decide to upload a save and pop some trophies this way you won't need to grind terminals/locks. Food for thought.. :)

• Like 2