Fallout 4 coming to PS5 (update: April 25th 2024)

Larzz

1 hour ago, skin_it_up said:

Word on the streets update dropping 5pm BST lets gooooo time to make a Lucy goosey character 

They're working on it now. In game yesteeday it said there would be maintenance at 10am UTC and you currently can't load the game, just kicks you out. Maybe their estimate is to be finished by 5pm BST....

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

Automatron PS5 edition was on the store for me and free (I owned the season pass on ps4) but none of the ps5 versions of anything else is up yet including the game itself it seems. The download was around 3.6GB vs the original 1.8GB btw for anyone interested

3 hours ago, CymroMatt said:

My gut tells me it won't be an autopop, but if you upload a completed save, any cumulative trophies such as "Wasteland D.I.Y." , "Fix-Er-Upper" , "Animal Control" etc will pop the next time you craft an item, build a a workshop item or kill an enemy. Much like they did with Skyrim on PS5. I believe The Witcher 3's PS5 upgrade also worked in the same fashion. However you will need to replay the game from scratch to grab all the quest related trophies. At least if you do decide to upload a save and pop some trophies this way you won't need to grind terminals/locks. Food for thought.. :)

i actually would really like this approach. It would save me from all the grind while still bringing me to replay the good portions of the game. Made me spent 50hrs in skyrim ps5 again when it came out instead of a hundred more. if its a full autopop im not sure if i feel the urge to completely replay it or just go the easy way after a while...

1 hour ago, Maniadh417 said:

Automatron PS5 edition was on the store for me and free (I owned the season pass on ps4) but none of the ps5 versions of anything else is up yet including the game itself it seems. The download was around 3.6GB vs the original 1.8GB btw for anyone interested

That sucks, Skyrim on PS5 has a forever home on the SSD cause they shrunk it to a measly 16GB but seems they won't bother with that level of optimisation/compression here? Oh well.

Nothing up on Australian PSN yet either but Automaton had become "Unavailable" for whatever reason even though I own it and was just listed as "Purchased" like yesterday (so evidence that they're currently uploading all the PS5 SKU on the back end or something? I dunno 🤷‍♂️)

1 minute ago, Maniadh417 said:

Update: The base game PS5 is now available for download for me (UK) 2 hours earlier than expected. 56GB base game, redeemed "purchase" for £0 - I have digital FO4 and season pass

Thanks, same here in the Netherlands. Downloading now. 🙂

I'm assuming the PS5 save files won't work on PS4 unlike Witcher 3?

I played witcher 3 on PS5, but used the CD Projekt cloud save to load the PS4 version right before trophy pop, on PS5, to get both versions at roughly the same time.

I ask because I've only popped two trophies in the original FO4 release and I don't want to play it twice and certainly not the gimped version.

Edited by Nohma-d

4 minutes ago, Maniadh417 said:

Update: The base game PS5 is now available for download for me (UK) 2 hours earlier than expected. 56GB base game, redeemed "purchase" for £0 - I have digital FO4 and season pass

I have the ps4 GOTY edition but when I select the PS5/ PS4 GOTY it wants to charge me $54 AUD lmao 

Live here too in Belgium, downloading now.

Can't get the PS5 versions of the expansions yet though, when I try to start those downloads, I get an error.

Edit: never mind, it's all up and available on PS5 now.

Edited by JoaLoft

I played the disc version on PS4 and still have my 100% save however you can't use that disc version save on the PS4 digital version, I have a Digital only PS5, can anyone tell me if I will be able to use my original PS4 save to pop some trophies? I'm guessing not.

14 minutes ago, RawrItsAndrew said:

I have the ps4 GOTY edition but when I select the PS5/ PS4 GOTY it wants to charge me $54 AUD lmao 

Same here PS4 GOTY edition changed from saying Purchased to now £34.99. 

Edited by Anke
Mistyped price.

EDIT: Guess I should keep waiting. Not sure if this will properly update and I'm actually downloading the PS5 version or not. It reads one thing then says another when I click on it.

Edited by Creasy007

Just now, Creasy007 said:

It's either doing this to me or showing the PS4/PS5 label in the game tile but then reading as PS4 only when I click on it. I've got it all downloading now, just gonna hope it updates and allows me to select PS5 or something. 

Yeah I downloaded the PS4 version earlier in the week and it just takes me to it. No PS5 version somehow. Going to see if I still have the receipt somewhere.

I have the PS4 version that I purchased on PS Store a while back. I downloaded a 9GB patch this morning, but no indication that the game is now a PS5 version. No PS5 version on the PS Store either.