Fallout 4 coming to PS5 (update: April 25th 2024)

Larzz

8 minutes ago, MrLeeNing said:

Yesterday mine said I owned the GOTY edition. Today I only own the Season Pass. Confused...

You download the standard edition, then get all the DLC for free.

55 minutes ago, Anke said:

I'm actually glad about this as I really wanted to experience it all again.

Oh I would love to as well, I really enjoyed my playthrough on PS4 almost ten years ago.

It's just that I'm swamped with Stellar Blade, Sand Land, the Final Fantasy 16 expansions and now the entire Fallout 4 remaster haha. I'm gonna call all my friends and cancel my subscription on "Social Life" for the next month.

1 hour ago, Anke said:

I'm actually glad about this as I really wanted to experience it all again.

I wouldn't mind except for the settlement trophies. Those alone might keep me from going for a second Plat. 

• Like 1

I believe others have said it's like Skyrim, no autopop but some trophies will pop if you do one more, like collecting one junk item or hacking one more terminal will likely do it if you are playing the same save with all the trophies done in 4. It's possible some trophies might still autopop but not all of them (I think Skyrim did it but could have been a bug on my end). 100% settlement happiness might just pop on it's own or if you go there.

You know how people said the Nuka Cade tickets being 100k were likely an accident and it was supposed to be 10k or something? Guess what still requires 100k tickets for PS5. I am thinking they didn't do that by mistake, and it was always intended to be the most annoying trophy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doll said:

I don't think this has ever been the case, as far as I know there have never been any PSPlus versions that were given free upgrades.
I just waited for the PS5 version to be released and grabbed the GOTY Edition.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake got the PS5 upgrade free for PS+ owners (minus the PS5 exclusive dlc, so same as if you bought the PS4 version). It took 6 months, but patience pays off in gaming.

• Like 1

nuka cade tickets bring back memories my only suggestion. get a movie or favorite music in background. going to play up/down over the hoop with the basketball to get tickets

some fun times indeed (if they work through the problem, i may do fallout 4 on the ps5 on my next platinum milestone) if the game is unlocked for me

edit: gotten the game. dlc is free. good to go i think.

Edited by Lordguwa
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Linkdarkside said:

Do the trophies auto pops or have to be collected manually again?

Considering there are other trophies already popped and no platinums currently, I dont think its an auto pop

• Like 2

This is like full fledged 4k remaster. It wasn't made by Sony, so you don't have to pay 60$ for it or like 60$ to play a dlc for Persona 5.

Also, all dlcs i downloaded for PS4 version are free in PS5 version and you can even use your old PS4 saves. 

Trophies don't carry over, so no auto pops. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Linkdarkside said:

Do the trophies auto pops or have to be collected manually again?

It won't autopop. But any cumulative trophies from a completed playthrough will pop the next time you hack a terminal, pick a lock, craft an item etc.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

Final Fantasy 7 Remake got the PS5 upgrade free for PS+ owners (minus the PS5 exclusive dlc, so same as if you bought the PS4 version). It took 6 months, but patience pays off in gaming.

That's insane, 6 months is genuinely crazy.

I'm happy to just chuck them 35, season pass costs 30 anyway so not like I wont be spending it anyway, already started playing it haha

4 minutes ago, CymroMatt said:

It won't autopop. But any cumulative trophies from a completed playthrough will pop the next time you hack a terminal, pick a lock, craft an item etc.

This. My plan is to go on my save that has the trophies done, and just visit that 100% settlement, hack terminal, pick a lock etc and get the trophy pop. I have no desire to start from scratch with those specific trophies as they were annoying and the last lot I did (Well the lock I did already but still). Aleast visiting the settlement with 100% should do it.

Everything else I am just going to make a new character for, I don't mind, I have been replaying Fallout 4 for years modded and unmodded.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milktastrophe said:

Actually I think they updated it and you can get the interlude version for free if you have the PS+ version as I download it and I don't have any other version of FF7Remake 

Edited by Linkdarkside
Minor spelling
  • Like 1

This afternoon, I owned the GOTY and standard edition. Now, the update has dropped and I own a standard version (the wrong one, obviously) and don't own the GOTY. Would loved this resolved instantly as I'm hungry for Fallout, can't believe how many people were praying for auto-pop. I'm EU if that matters.

7 minutes ago, squaresoft4ever7 said:

I wonder if anyone has made a character based off the TV series yet 👀 

I was seeing people post their Lucy's on Reddit like right after the show came out lol.

• Like 1

I just finally got it downloaded. About the 100% settlement I just mentioned, for some reason the game is claiming I don't have Wasteland Workshop installed on my save from Fallout 4 (Now on PS5 verison), despite the addon section says I have it installed. Yet, there is no cage selection and the cats are gone, so that is now making my 100% settlement have a red arrow on it (Also trophy didn't pop so that might have to be a restart from 99% to 100%).

Not sure why it thinks Wasteland Workshop don't exist though.

On further inspection, none of the trophies are popping when I am actually doing anything on the save that platinumed FO4 the first time. So I think this might mean people need to restart right from the beginning (Maybe, given the percentage on the trophy lists suggested some had it pop, I just picklocked a door and nothing, despite I got the trophy with him. Same with crafting and killing enemies.). Could be a bug for me I don't know. Guess if you don't want to restart for your trophy, I suggest waiting then.

Edited by Prince-Varuni
  • Like 1