Winter 2022/2023 Backlog Challenge (signups open until December 31)

30 minutes ago, GraniteSnake said:

I plan on doing Dead Space 3 soon but I won't hop into it straight away. I might start Pyre or else try and knock off another one of my incomplete games..

Please let me know when you do ;) I still have the coop to finish!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheBusToYoker said:

Official Challenge Update #2 

Infamous 1 is done. I don't wish to waffle on though about a game from 2009. Shards? Jesus Christ Marie! They're minerals.....

My Challenge Going Forward, Trophy Hunting Waffling And Thoughts

The next step in my challenge is obviously Festival Of Blood, but not Infamous 2 after that. Nope, I'll be doing Frostpunk after Festival Of Blood. Why? Well it's January, winter for a start. More importantly I publicly said I'd do it, and I'm going to do it. I can't stand it when people go on and on about doing a game that by consensus of opinion in the trophy hunting community is considered hard, and months later are still not playing it. I get so sick of the airing of conceptual, fantasy trophy hunting I become all Shia LaBeouf in response.....

JUST DO IT!

I said I'd do Wolfenstein 2, and I did it. I don't bullshit, I don't sit around dreaming of doing games, I will them with dedication and commitment into reality. I 'am though in a fortunate position where I don't have thousands of unearned trophies and hundreds of unresolved games on my profile. So I 'am in a better position to make these commitments, make an awesome profile, something permeant and of substance. That's not to punch down on those who face such a challenge with their profile. Not everyone started a PSN account as a trophy hunter. I feel it's important if you are in such a position to get laser focused on that backlog, rather than just avoiding it by piling games that are more distraction than overall something you consider an actual accomplishment.

So, do I feel like I can successfully do Frostpunk? Absolutely not! And I won't insult your intelligence dear reader by typing oh yeah I was 100% confident I could pull off Mein Leben. But what's a challenge in any hobby/activity if we don't have something to overcome? I can't stand people in the trophy hunting niche that invent excuses for avoiding games. I've heard some crackers in my time. Like this games is not an actual game in the series. Sure, some of them might have a couple of games the community objectively considers difficult. Maybe they probably don't want to grind some games, but I think the actual reality is they just don't want to play games they don't feel they have 100% confidence they can do. Where's the fun in that? How very sad. In my opinion they are just dishonest posers. People who want all the glory without the hardship and sacrifice, the admiration from the community without ever really personally challenging themselves. You could probably spot them a mile off if say this was a gym activity, not so much in trophy hunting. Also, if they are dishonest about gaming, then what else are they dishonest about in life? This is why I stick with the people I know have got stuff done, and are getting, still getting stuff done in trophy hunting. And why I'm also open to helping them now I've got my Mein Leben in them popping theirs. Not because I'm looking to increase my social standing with folk (laughable if I was because of my autism), and not only because it's good to help. It's the shared experience with someone through the trials and tribulations of trophies like Mein Leben. You can through such experiences relate to a person who's from another country, culture beyond mere words. And that is truly one of the more beautiful aspects of trophy hunting.

Trophy hunting, games are messy. Just like life in general and the people we meet can bring many messy experiences. But for how messy all these experiences can be, you know at least they were real. You learn it's important to never let yourself be sedate, to lose your wits about you, and succumb to fantasy. To embrace reality and overcome the true challenges it brings. Have the same energy as Brad Pitt storming the beach of Troy in your trophy hunting peeps.

Way to inspire. I am not participating in this event but i'm commited to knock games in "Attack on completion 2023". And you, sir, spurred my determination. Thanks. And you have my help for any online trophy we may share on PS3/PS4. P.D: Excellent scene.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, HEMI-Sphere57 said:

My progress since the start

Sturmfront PS5 4%->100%
Enter the Gungeon 0%->92% Platinum earned done with the Gungeon

Castle Crashers 0%->100%
Farm Sim 17 100%
Minecraft Dungeons 0%->30%

Completed Castle Crashers and Farm 17 since my last update, finishing my last game now. Not gonna 100% minecraft dungeons since you need to buy DLC for all the trophies but might I get some dlc trophies that don’t require extra money after I get the Platinum.

Lot of farming going on in winter. All be it simulated.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, slicknick3822 said:

inFAMOUS Second Son (0%)

Hats off to you, sir! I have experience in that game as I platinumed it twice on older accounts because it was supposed to be an easy game. Needless to say, I am staying away from realistic humans, but I can confirm that Second Son is a masterpiece in the series. I really enjoyed Delsin and his interaction with the other Conduits and the main villian is a surprise.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

Hats off to you, sir! I have experience in that game as I platinumed it twice on older accounts because it was supposed to be an easy game. Needless to say, I am staying away from realistic humans, but I can confirm that Second Son is a masterpiece in the series. I really enjoyed Delsin and his interaction with the other Conduits and the main villian is a surprise.

Yeah, I'm probably going to swap it out but not because it's going to be hard or anything. I just haven't been in the mood for that type of game. I'll come back around and complete it eventually it's probably still on my list to do this year.

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

Infamous 1 is a contender for the most bought reviews for a PS3 exclusive. When you go back to 7th gen gaming you expect a high level of brown and gray. But my god Infamous 1 looks like it came straight out a toilet. 

• Like 3

i just want to increase my completion but is it right to do only games for a event since i have never joined a event before i have read the rules from this event i am not so good in gaming i hope i can be better in gaming with this event and the other events aswell the ultra rare event attack on completion this one and soon rpg mania i just want to get better at gaming so that is why i joined this event at the first place i want to do my games but with only 2 platinum trophies in 2022 i want to unlock more then 2 platinum trophies i play rpg shooting adventure racing horror also so i want to do the same list from ultra rare clean up event but dragonball xenoverse 2 is not allowed since the completion is very high so my games wil be from the ultra rare clean up event wolfenstein 2 0% slay the spire1% stranded deep1% devil may cry 4 5% lords of the fallen1% because  doing different lists is just way to confusing for me 

• Like 1