Playstation 5 a flop?

vanessaking2

On 11/24/2022 at 5:34 AM, Darling Baphomet said:

Yeah, by definition something that sells well isn't a flop, and the PS5 is selling very well indeed.

Strange definition,  If something seemed like a good idea at the time which the PS5 and XBSX did (Quarantine?) That's hardly going to verify that it isn't a flop. A console needs to be fed games.

1 minute ago, Z1MZUM said:

Strange definition,  If something seemed like a good idea at the time which the PS5 and XBSX did (Quarantine?) That's hardly going to verify that it isn't a flop. A console needs to be fed games.

The PS5 has plenty of games, regardless of whether they meet your criteria. Regardless, a flop for the consumer is not necessarily a flop for the developer. The Wii U was a flop. The PS5 is selling almost as fast as the PS4, which is one of the most sold consoles in history.

• Like 1

On 2022-11-09 at 7:33 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Sony cannot manufacture PS5s fast enough to meet demand...

... to the extent that that product is difficult to find for regular purchase a full 2 years after its initial launch, and PS5s still regularly sell on the grey market for well above RRP.

There may be legitimate arguments that the PS5 has not been fully exploited - the lack of exclusives etc... but "flop" is a commercial term, and commercially, it is clearly a resounding success.

I can think of no definition in the known universe that could consider that product to be a "flop"...

... except perhaps the churlish affectations and rationalising self-delusions of those unable to secure one.

There's definitely many CHURLISH ma'fuggas out there that be hatin' on PS5 !!

Edited by blake__306

21 minutes ago, ollo99 said:

It's the prototype that lead to the 2600 release 1f602.png1f602.png 

I wasn't expecting ANYONE to get it 

Atari 2000 became the 2600, I now wish it was the Atari 2500 proto_CX2000Brown.jpg

I'm getting a little anxious waiting for my Victrix Pro BFG controller to arrive, I wanna love the ps5 but damn that default controller destroys my hands.

This is one of those cases where somebody hardcore into the gaming community assumes the casual, everyday fans have the same wants & needs as them.

Many people are happy with a couple of quality PS5 games for a long time. My father for one will be playing the current Call of Duty exclusively for the next year. ?

So yea, to call it a flop based on your own unfulfilled desires is a strange measure of success.

1 hour ago, Lanky-Lemon said:

This is one of those cases where somebody hardcore into the gaming community assumes the casual, everyday fans have the same wants & needs as them.

Many people are happy with a couple of quality PS5 games for a long time. My father for one will be playing the current Call of Duty exclusively for the next year. 1f605.png

So yea, to call it a flop based on your own unfulfilled desires is a strange measure of success.

We are just having a laugh, You are using a game that is as common as muck on every system made for noobs.