Playstation 5 a flop?

vanessaking2

No doubt a massive flop in terms of exclusives compared to previous generations. Its a decent piece of hardware but if it wasnt for FOMO I wouldnt have spent £450 on it, and I'm certainly not spending £70 on any game let alone cross-gen games.

As for the sales and revenue argument, it didnt help the wii and its not going to help the PS5 either. I dont care if more casuals bought it during lockdown, or if more influencers are buying it because its trendy to tell the world you got your hands on one.

7 hours ago, enaysoft said:

lol. It's only been like 2 years...

Speaking of actual flops, how about Ouya, or Google Stadia?

Amusing Google Stadia is such a flop, there's probably not even a Stadia forum that exists, in order to post something like this on, and do people even remember Google Stadia?

PS5 has sold well, imagine how much more would have been sold if you could actual walk into a store and buy one at anytime?!

Just imagine the level of competition if Google decided to made a proper console and invested in games development instead of going down the streaming service route.

4 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

OP either has a serious humiliation kink or just trolling because this is the dumbest thing I’ve seen outside of Twitter since the Musk takeover ???

Clearly in the commercial sense it's a resounding success but I still think a lot of PS5 owners are asking themselves was it really that necessary to get one asap on launch and are you really missing that much by not having one besides faster loading.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Few consoles have been absolute must-buys in their first 2-3 years given how long it takes for developers to get used to the capabilities of the machines a build up a massive catalogue of games. I got one because I wanted one. It runs many previous gen games better which alone made it worthwhile as a backwards compatible machine too. It’s up to the individual person to decide if it is worth it for themselves, if they failed to take the pros and cons into consideration before making an impulsive purchase then that’s entirely on them. None of that makes the PS5 a “flop” in any way, shape or form.

Impulsive purchase is what we all did wasn't it? No one really knew how the first two years would go unless you would claim to know the future. I honestly thought I would use my ps5 more with what we knew, but yeah I was disappointed. No one except op is calling it a flop by the way in case you haven't noticed.

It took me roughly 2 years to even consider buying a PS4. Dragon Age: Inquisition, Alien: Isolation and Resident Evil Revelations 2 swayed me in short order and I expect the same thing with the PS5.

Once games such as Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2, XCOM 3, Dragon's Dogma 2 etc arrive, the real fun will begin.

The first few years for any new console will always be dependent upon people buying into the hype and supporting it for what will come in the future.

It's just what it is and how the economy works. If nobody would buy anything at release, companies would close down real faster than you might think.

If you think the quality of the PS5 is a flop, then we can have that argument quite easily and still constructively. 

But if anyone tries to argue it's a financial flop, that's hilarious. The standard edition hasn't been sold at a loss from August 2021 to the present. The PS5 is one of the fastest-selling platforms in history and is looking at PS3 numbers in a pessimistic situation. Realistically, it will pass the Wii and PS1. It's not even crazy to think it will match the PS4 hardware sales (but not a given). 

19 hours ago, DENNIS330bmw said:

Your „input“ is always the same bitching about the same stuff .. like a loop.. 

18 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Your inputs are always welcomed but I'm curious as to if you have some sort of template to follow or an automated system in place for your posts lmao.

18 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

If he has a template, he unfortunately forgot to check the "Hurr San Diego" checkbox this time.

18 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

well-its-groundhog-day-again-i-got-a-fee

have the Ctrl, "C" and "V" keys on your keyboard got any click left in 'em, or have they just eroded away at this point? 

Riiiight... At least I'm not afraid to make unpopular opinions. I can make the alternate side of things without 'kowtowing' to what every other person is saying.

This console had a rocky start largely thanks to the chip shortage, which affects not only gaming but a lot of other industries. Right now I just see more of the same that we already got with PS4. And when I finally get around to God of War Ragnarok, it's probably going to be another God of War 2018. Still a very good game, but not the cultural masterpiece many people claim it to be.

You guys act like people shouldn't make critical opinions. If you feel I'm stepping over the line too far, then say it.

• Like 1

i finally got one maybe a month ago. i only played 2 games on it. far cry and resident evil. which i previously finished on ps4. the graphics were a slight bump up but theres really not much more you can do. one noticeable thing i do like is the load times are alot faster. 

the xmb menu confuses me horribly. i dont like it at all. switching form the ps3 ps4 then ps5 is a learning curve. i always hit the wrong buttons in the menu. and there seems to be a huge clutter of shit on my screen that i just have to pause and say why the fuck is all this shit even here. it also seems less friendly orientated. let me explain this, on ps3 your list of friends is the first thing you saw and looked at when you signed in. on ps4 it got a little more distant by putting this in a tab you had to go and look at to see whose online. which is understandable as lists grew over 100 people. there was still easy group chats and such on ps4 and parties you just had to go a extra step to do so. on ps5 i have no clue where nay of that shit is. i dont think there is even a "whats new" scrollbar. where you can see your friends activities. if there is i either havent found it or i havent spent enough time looking for it.

there isnt much difference. but i also havent spent alot of time on it. even though my ps5 is new i had more interest in going to my backlog on ps3 and ps4 and doing that instead of checking out my new machine. its nice to stare at on my shelf. its a huge beast that looks like its packed with badass power. and maybe it is i dunno. im glad i have one, but im going to have to use it alot more to get use to the menu i guess. i think maybe itll be better for future things, like more 4k and 8k stuff when it catches up to that being more of the norm. alot of people are still on 1080 tvs because it still looks fine. i felt the same about ps4, i hated it, it took me a good 2 or 3 years to say this is a pretty good machine.

im also old and hate change. and wave my hand in the air when kids are on my grass. so im pretty grumpy tbh and dont enjoy anything. so really my opinion prob dont matter and sorry for wasting anyones time who read any of it lol

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 2