Warning when you play at launch

The_Gator_Hator

On 11/12/2022 at 7:41 PM, The_Gator_Hator said:

Personally I struggled with one playthrough.

BROTHER, BEHIND YOU
THERE IS AN ENEMY BEHIND YOU KRATOS
TO YOUR SIDE KRATOS
USE YOUR SHIELD
USE---

Holy shit shut up, I've died zero times in this playthrough up until the optional superbosses, I can see the arrows on my HUD for attacks and I know which weapons to use if I want to play optimally. I'm doing this little thing called having fun with it.

"Have I encountered the Norns? No"

what-is-that-smell-mean-girls.gif

Repeat ad infinitum lol

Edited by Demortuus

9 hours ago, Erkawest said:

TLDR all the angry discussions.

Is the trophy bugged or not?

It has the chance to be buggy. Most people don't seem to encounter the problem. Those who do, actually haven't collected everything actually needed. I haven't had any issues with playing. I am taking my time and I know trophy/game-wise I am not incredibly far but to have not a single issue with the same amount of time in as others claim to be having problems, I dunno. I feel it is well-polished. The trophy is definitely not bugged. You may experience some issues but unless you are rushing to get the Platinum, there is a great chance any ill-performing trophy will have itself a patch very soon.

1 hour ago, VoIatileMolotov said:

Since I am a trophy hunter and I come to this trophy hunting site to learn about trophies I appreciate when someone tells me a trophy is bugged on a game I am trying to get all the trophies for. Maybe it's just me though.

Yes, and it is fair to give people warning of potential bugs. Nobody is arguing against that. 

That's not what people are taking issue with. The issue being telling people to not play the game for this reason. Pretty excessive statement to make and hardly a major enough problem to be telling people to avoid the game for that reason. As it's been stated in this thread as well as the other thread regarding this 'bug' is that it may not be a bug at all and it's simply a misconception of what you need to collect in order to craft the items. 

It's really getting tiresome hearing the justification here because 'tHiS iS a TrOpHy HuNtInG sItE'. You don't need to constantly remind people of what this site is and why we're all here, that's really not the point at all nor does it matter. People say it because it's a convenient gatekeeping copout response to anybody that dares challenge the trophy hunter narrative. Like we got lost and stumbled on this site for no reason. 

We're all trophy hunters, that's why we're all here but clearly we don't all share the same mindset and thank god for that. 

• Like 2

It is said that "4 lost pages" are required for crafting them. maybe it is related to that.!?

//btw; the trophies are very confusing for me, maybe i am not good at games which have lots of quests, errands and lots of detailed stuff. i get easily confused.

To get max armor set, i had to complete the trials, then needed tempered remnants and sparkling crystal which are confusing to get them from side stuffs.

But nice to accomplish them.//

Edited by thesahinonur

38 minutes ago, Dauersack said:

Why would that be an excessive statement? It makes perfect sense if you think about it for a moment.

Option A: Play the game now and risk having to redo 40 to 50 hours of progress due to a buggy trophy.

Option B: Wait for a while and when the buggy trophy gets fixed you play the game as intended, which is what I do for almost all my games anyway given how inferior launch day versions tend to be even if they do not have buggy trophies.

Honestly to me it seems like trophy hunters going for option A are either idiots, fomo victims who need everything asap to avoid certain death, people who don't care about completion rate, or just people with far too much free time so investing 40 to 50 hours more than planned into a game comes easily to them. Given the fact that these people have the time and the sheer nerve to throw temper tantrums over others recommending to wait a bit for bugs possibly affecting trophies to get fixed before starting the game, it is most likely a case of far too much free time paired with some fanboy antics, as I don't see that kind of reaction when people get the advice to wait with starting other games until all DLC for it is out so that they can finish it in one go instead of having to return to it 3 months later to relearn most of it. Some people have to manage their time though, maybe they just have really limited time due to responsibilities, or they partake in community events and have the rest of the year planned out, or they have like 5 other games on their to do list that they can hardly wait to start right after finishing this game, but better to just throw a fit over recommendations to wait for fixes I guess, after all how dare anyone suggest to do something differently.

I have seen some cases of gross misuse of the term gatekeeping in my time, but you sir take the cake, thanks for the laugh. This is a trophy hunting site btw, so people have a certain focus on the trophy hunting part of gaming, which also includes talking about efficiency in unlocking trophies and choosing when to best start playing a game to avoid wasting time. Not sure why that seems to confuse you and others so much, sounds to me like you simply need to get reminded of this being a trophy hunting site more often for it to actually sink in :dunno:

I think it was how aggressive the original post was. Which, makes sense. It is the final trophy. The OP states they have done everything correctly even when others tell the OP to do 'X' and the OP has already done 'X'. They are frustrated, they technically have the Plat because they are not only one trophy away, they have accomplished what is needed to earn that final trophy and get the Plat. As with all forums, the topic and opinions quickly sped out of control. Even if only one person has the problem, it is great OP told us but it does sound when you read the first post to be heavy in frustration, maybe some anger. And the OP has every right to be. I think, at least in my opinion and the way I am understanding how this forum spiraled, the issue isn't as much that the OP told us about the slightly to the extremely rare buggy trophy but HOW they told us. Wording matters when all you have is words on a screen to get your message, emotion, and clarity across. The OP also did not mention in their first post that they are having trouble with a known confusing trophy and have actually done the confusing part and still did not get said trophy. So, you have people misunderstanding or not comfortable the tone of the message and a key piece of the message is not part of the first post.

I dont think its glitched i just think you dont have all 14 relics, collector was my last trophy & i thought it was glitched cause i 100% all realms, spend hrs running around looking maybe a drop i didnt pick up. i wanted to platinum the game without a guide but i ended up folding & looking up my issue. i just missed one so you may have too. as for saying dont play it cause its glitch ... ah no lol Also, for the ppl saying forgot about the trophies & just play the game.. umm remember your on a trophy hunter base site right..

Edited by Toxicmatic-

1 hour ago, mega-tallica said:

So you don't play games because there might be a small, minute chance one trophy might be buggy? You don't think that's an excessive and unreasonable reaction? And if you don't? Then we fundamentally disagree and it's only your loss in this case.

You could have just looked at my account and found several games with buggy trophies despite me being a completionist, does not mean that there aren't people out there who would prefer to avoid games from developers who can't be bothered to present a functional trophy list, or people who prefer to play the broken stuff on an alt account after they see this kind of warning, or people who just move the games with buggy trophies lower on their priority lists. Again, not sure whats excessive or unreasonable about it.

I don't think about it that way at all.

Others do, and their approach is in no way less valid than yours, you just seem to have some trouble seeing things from a perspective other than your own. Not that I don't understand being bewildered by how some people choose to play games, I just realize that people can have different preferences and targets.

The vast majority of people (and it's a LOT of people in this case) are having zero issues with this game and there's absolutely no logical reason to avoid playing it just because there might be that small chance with a bug (that again, very likely isn't even a bug and is just a misconception we're talking here).

The vast majority of people are not allergic against nuts, yet if there is a chance of nuts possibly appearing in a product I'd say the few who are would be glad about a warning, people who do not care can just ignore the label instead of getting all pissed about the people who avoid nuts receiving a warning. I know a completionist who worked on his profile for way over a decade, he avoids to play games with achievements that can bug out on his main account, because no single game is worth it for him to risk that accomplishment. If it is indeed a misconception of it being bugged, it would have been enough to mention that, or god forbid have a discussion about it instead of going on a rant about other users decision making.

Only in this absurd, toxically close-minded, miserable and negative community do people treat the simple suggestion of playing a game for fun without the hindrance of worrying about trophies all the time as if it's a declaration of war.

Now you are just dishonest. Read some of the replies of people with your stance in this thread, the ones that haven't been touched by the mods, and tell me that some of them don't sound like certain people are deeming it serious business if others play the game now or wait a while until something gets fixed. War declarations are usually formal and written in a much more civil tone. You don't get to claim victim status here for your side, you are part of the aggressors. Your first reply was in a civil tone btw, but don't act like all others were too, because they certainly weren't.

Because this is a trophy hunting site and are therefore implying that talk serves no value? Yes, that is a form of gatekeeping in this context. Just because some just want to rush through games without even fully appreciating them just to get the trophies and move onto the next game as quickly as possible doesn't mean we all have to feel that way.

Someone is talking about trophy hunting on a trophy hunting site, some people state how dumb that way of trophy hunting is and that the trophies should not be a factor when it comes to choose whether or not to play a game at this very moment, asking these people if they would not feel more at home on a general gaming forum is nothing but a logical conclusion, as trophies seem to not be a factor for them at all. On a trophy hunting site, having the absolute stance that trophies do not matter and should not be considered in the decision making is per definition an extreme stance to have given the purpose of this site.

Btw if anyone is gatekeeping here it is the people getting super offended at how some choose to play or not play the games, accusing them of not doing this hobby of gaming properly, doing it wrong, not enjoying it because they do it differently. Guess what, not everyone enjoys doing it your way, again, you seem completely mentally stuck in your own ways, entirely incapable to imagine that anyone could have other preferences than you. People keep talking about how the tone in the OP was the problem, and yet the tone in some of the replies seemed a lot more hostile to me.

2 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

Not everybody feels the same way as you do about trophies and this site, that's all I'm saying. No need to be so defensive. 

Now if that isn a hilariously ironic sentence coming from you :yay:

6 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

I think it was how aggressive the original post was.

And I tell you that it was not aggressive in the least, fanboys just deem it aggressive because their brains are hard wired to see anything negative of their current hype game as a deeply personal attack. All the OP contains is a warning about the trophy being bugged and that it would mean having to repeat a lot of stuff. No cursing, swearing, no bashing the game. Then we get replies like this: "Just play the fucking game and forget this trophy crap. To stop playing just for that is plain stupid"

Sounds like someone barking an order, then dropping an f bomb, general bad tone and calling someones motivations stupid, now you tell me who the aggressor is here. Thankfully not all people who replied with the same stance have grown up with such a severe lack of manners being passed on to them. If people doubt the claim of the trophy being bugged then this could have been a normal exchange of pros and cons speaking for it or against it being bugged, worked fine in other places, found several instances of this being discussed, but here we are.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Dauersack said:

And I tell you that it was not aggressive in the least, fanboys just deem it aggressive because their brains are hard wired to see anything negative of their current hype game as a deeply personal attack. All the OP contains is a warning about the trophy being bugged and that it would mean having to repeat a lot of stuff. No cursing, swearing, no bashing the game. Then we get replies like this: "Just play the fucking game and forget this trophy crap. To stop playing just for that is plain stupid"

Sounds like someone barking an order, then dropping an f bomb, general bad tone and calling someones motivations stupid, now you tell me who the aggressor is here. Thankfully not all people who replied with the same stance have grown up with such a severe lack of manners being passed on to them. If people doubt the claim of the trophy being bugged then this could have been a normal exchange of pros and cons speaking for it or against it being bugged, worked fine in other places, found several instances of this being discussed, but here we are.

Well, I felt it was aggressive and what was said was in the wrong tone. I enjoy the God of War series and am enjoying this game, minus the LONG playtime as Atreus. I don't know if I am a "fanboy" and I know I am definitely not hardwired to see everything negative aimed at a game that I think is an amazing direct sequel and an amazing 8th game in an overall franchise. And definitely agree far more replies were not only more aggressive but just downright rude, and borderline mean. But, having read every post submitted to this forum, I do think some of the problem started with the OP's post. It is clear it is written in frustration and it sounds less like a warning and more like a "rage quit fuck this game" statement. I don't believe that is what the OP's original intentions were but that is what happened. The definition of communication is "Any message received", meaning it is on the speaker (or this case the poster) to make sure the message they want their audience to receive relies on them to deliver their message in a way that supports their desired results.

2 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Well, I felt it was aggressive and what was said was in the wrong tone.

2 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

It is clear it is written in frustration and it sounds less like a warning and more like a "rage quit fuck this game" statement. I don't believe that is what the OP's original intentions were but that is what happened.

Our standards are very different then. Explain to me what was supposedly making this a "rage quit fuck this game" statement if it is so clear, because the one and only thing I can even remotely recognize as slightly aggressive if I really try to be as sensible and defensive as possible about it is the fact that two words were written in caps, thats it, and that is already stretching it. As someone who likes himself some rage posts, and who has written some of his own too, I wonder what you would refer to them as, because referring to a title with the word "not" in caps, a very short post with the word "bugged" in caps that is just stating the situation and no insult towards the game or other signs of anger to be found that resembles your description of it, as a rage post too, really devalues the term and is bound to lead to misunderstandings.

I am going to be blunt, to me it sounds like you WANT to be offended really badly and are grasping at straws to achieve it, or you are just so sheltered that you have no clue what a rage post written by someone who is tired of playing a shit game or who throws in the towel for good usually looks like. I can give you an example by (per pm to avoid some moderator bursting a testicle) talking a bit about the steaming hot pile of dogshit that is Nioh, the broken mangled mess of a walking simulator called N' Verlore Verstand some junkie developing for his next dose of crack shat onto the store a few years back, or similar abominations that found their way onto my profile by accident or due to some twats presenting them as good games to troll me (in good fun to enjoy my rants about it), just so that you have something to use as reference in future.

I also want to remind people who got super offended on their games behalf that the recommendation to the players was not "never buy this game, fuck this game, this game sucks, the developers suck, and YOU suck for enjoying it", but just "wait for a while so that this buggy trophy gets fixed and THEN play it". If the trophy is not even buggy, then there is even less of a reason to get mad about it, just have a giggle at the guys expense as you explain it and everything is good.

Edited by Dauersack
  • Like 1

I do find it hard to believe the op (and others who apparently have had an issue) failed to check off all of the 14 Relics that are required of the collector trophy before shouting about a bugged trophy.  It feels like a super obvious check, surely?  So we're saying this is all people literally failing to follow a guide and collect all the Relics.  Seriously?  That just ... doesn't add up for me, there *has* to be an actual thing going on??.  Either way, I'm playing this game and not waiting to find out.  Thanks for the warning to not play the game though, op. ?

11 hours ago, Dauersack said:

Our standards are very different then. Explain to me what was supposedly making this a "rage quit fuck this game" statement if it is so clear, because the one and only thing I can even remotely recognize as slightly aggressive if I really try to be as sensible and defensive as possible about it is the fact that two words were written in caps, thats it, and that is already stretching it. As someone who likes himself some rage posts, and who has written some of his own too, I wonder what you would refer to them as, because referring to a title with the word "not" in caps, a very short post with the word "bugged" in caps that is just stating the situation and no insult towards the game or other signs of anger to be found that resembles your description of it, as a rage post too, really devalues the term and is bound to lead to misunderstandings.

I am going to be blunt, to me it sounds like you WANT to be offended really badly and are grasping at straws to achieve it, or you are just so sheltered that you have no clue what a rage post written by someone who is tired of playing a shit game or who throws in the towel for good usually looks like. I can give you an example by (per pm to avoid some moderator bursting a testicle) talking a bit about the steaming hot pile of dogshit that is Nioh, the broken mangled mess of a walking simulator called N' Verlore Verstand some junkie developing for his next dose of crack shat onto the store a few years back, or similar abominations that found their way onto my profile by accident or due to some twats presenting them as good games to troll me (in good fun to enjoy my rants about it), just so that you have something to use as reference in future.

I also want to remind people who got super offended on their games behalf that the recommendation to the players was not "never buy this game, fuck this game, this game sucks, the developers suck, and YOU suck for enjoying it", but just "wait for a while so that this buggy trophy gets fixed and THEN play it". If the trophy is not even buggy, then there is even less of a reason to get mad about it, just have a giggle at the guys expense as you explain it and everything is good.

You're really overexaggerating what people are saying. 

You're conveniently glossing over the one major thing here that deems all this irrelevant; THIS ISN'T EVEN A CONFIRMED BUG. All the claims I've seen were from people who did not have the correct items to craft what they needed but they thought they did. There are so many different item sources in this game that are extremely easy to overlook and miss something, even key items like the Lost Pages are easily missed unless you're going for 100% game completion (100% not needed for platinum but you do need all the Lost Pages to craft the hilts which count as lore collectibles in which you don't need to collect 100% of). So my guess is that people are just going after what they think they need and not 100% and are missing stuff in the process. And in the mad panic that ensues, they think it's glitched when it's almost surely not. 

My advice is even though 100% is not needed, go for it anyway. That way you're guaranteed at the end of 100% completion to have all the items you need for all trophies and if you still don't have it, then I would humor the idea that this is actually a bug. All evidence right now says it's not though as people that claimed it was bugged have since reported it has been solved while others (like the OP) never updated their status so you have to assume he's got it figured out and hasn't bothered posting an update because that'd make him look like a big ol' dope especially after he lashed out at others for simply questioning him.

Not reasonable to take one persons word as gospel and jumping to the conclusion that it must be a fault of the game and not even considering that it could be user error. 

Take a chill pill y'all, it'll all be okay. 

Edited by mega-tallica

10 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

You're really overexaggerating what people are saying.

I literally quoted what people were saying, is the dishonestly compulsive with you or something?

12 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

You're conveniently glossing over the one major thing here that deems all this irrelevant; THIS ISN'T EVEN A CONFIRMED BUG.

Alright captain capslock, only that most of the people who posted their rude replies did not even mention that, they just took a crap on peoples priorities and general approach to decide which games to play at what time, all over the suggestion to wait a bit before playing the game. Fomo, not even once.

13 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Not reasonable to take one persons word as gospel and jumping to the conclusion that it must be a fault of the game and not even considering that it could be user error.

You will find several discussions about it online, it is even mentioned on a few sites as a possible bug, so it is not one persons word, and even if it was then others can decide for themselves if it is worth listening to or taking the risk.

14 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Take a chill pill y'all, it'll all be okay. 

Umm, I am chill, mindlessly accusing others of being angry is a rather cheap way to try and stay in a discussion you are obviously not equipped for, it also comes of as rather funny and ironic given that you produced all caps bits like this in the very same reply:

14 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

THIS ISN'T EVEN A CONFIRMED BUG.

Haven't you heard that all caps is confirmation of a rage post? Ask the other guy. At this point I am almost sure that you are trolling, anything else would just be too sad given that we are almost the same age...

• Like 1

I think the OP warning folks about a bug is totally fine. If you care about trophy bugs, you can choose whether or not to heed the warning. If you don’t care, you can just go about your day. ?‍♂️

Too many of y’all are worried about what other folks are doing. 

Edited by staylost
  • Like 3