Attack on Completion 2023

Please sign me up again this year.  My goal is 91%  I am currently sitting at 85.23%  

I had a trophy syncing question I was wondering if someone might know the answer too.  Before the servers from mercenaries 2 shut down I managed to get the last 2 I needed for the for the platinum, but I never synced my trophy list as I was hoping to finish Cold steel 4 as my 100th platinum.  I am still working on cold steel 4 actually making progress in the story again since I have found some time to squeeze in gaming again with my work schedule.  So my question is if I get the plat for cold steel 4 and sync it, then go and turn back on my ps3 and sync the trophy list which will count on here as my 100th platinum?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spinacheq said:

Please sign me up again this year.  My goal is 91%  I am currently sitting at 85.23%  

I had a trophy syncing question I was wondering if someone might know the answer too.  Before the servers from mercenaries 2 shut down I managed to get the last 2 I needed for the for the platinum, but I never synced my trophy list as I was hoping to finish Cold steel 4 as my 100th platinum.  I am still working on cold steel 4 actually making progress in the story again since I have found some time to squeeze in gaming again with my work schedule.  So my question is if I get the plat for cold steel 4 and sync it, then go and turn back on my ps3 and sync the trophy list which will count on here as my 100th platinum?

Pretty sure it will adjust it to match the timestamps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spinacheq said:

Yes they will adjust.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I've made a fantastic start so far.

I've completed 5 games and lowered my completion percentage to 70.13% all within the first week of January.

Well, at least I've earned 170 trophies....

Good luck for to reach your completion i do mine unlocked 3 trophies today so far from final fantasy type0 hd 

I don't know how well this will go for me, probably badly ?

Right now I'm sitting at 39.34% completion (what is wrong with me that's so low ?)

For my goals... I'd like to try and get to 50%, I suppose. I'm not really sure how it works, though.

Does the % go down each time you add a new game? And it goes up when you earn trophies? ? Or does the % go up when you 100% a game?

my completion has increased to 17.75 now when my most games are done  i can then play my newer games i am working on my completion its good so far because i dont play my newer games unless alot of games in my profile are done i finally understand now how everything works so about trophie hunting dlc genres now i lvl up my characters on final fantasy type 0hd its great game and not too hard my next game wil be god of war 2018 ore assasins creed origins+dlc 

Edited by zalcarezio

33 minutes ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

I don't know how well this will go for me, probably badly 1f602.png

Right now I'm sitting at 39.34% completion (what is wrong with me that's so low 1f625.png)

For my goals... I'd like to try and get to 50%, I suppose. I'm not really sure how it works, though.

Does the % go down each time you add a new game? And it goes up when you earn trophies? 1f914.png Or does the % go up when you 100% a game?

Adding a game does not make a profile decrease in percentage until you pop the first trophy. Then it will go down by the amount of trophies that are on that list and by type. Games with lots of gold trophies will give you a big decrease. The more games on your profile, the less of a hit you take adding a new game. 

It goes back up as you get trophies. If you beat a game that has more gold and silvers, you will see a bigger increase than a game that has alot of bronzes. The less games you have on your profile, the faster your completion rate will rise. Some people have to complete a handful of games to get it to even move if they have alot if games and a high completion percentage. If the percentage is lower, you will see progress faster.

I looked at your profile, I would say focus on single player experiences that dont have too much grind at the end. There are options there and dont start any new games until you see results. 

On another note, I see you started Solitaire. I think that game is still glitched and unable to be completed. I could be wrong, but I own the game too and never booted it up because of that fact.

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Adding a game does not make a profile decrease in percentage until you pop the first trophy. Then it will go down by the amount of trophies that are on that list and by type. Games with lots of gold trophies will give you a big decrease. The more games on your profile, the less of a hit you take adding a new game. 

It goes back up as you get trophies. If you beat a game that has more gold and silvers, you will see a bigger increase than a game that has alot of bronzes. The less games you have on your profile, the faster your completion rate will rise. Some people have to complete a handful of games to get it to even move if they have alot if games and a high completion percentage. If the percentage is lower, you will see progress faster.

Oooo I see, thanks for explaining c: I'll do my best to up my percentage and get rid of my backlog!

1 minute ago, stuthesheep said:

I've tinkered with my stats presentation for the year ahead, not 100% sold on it just yet though so more minor alterations might come soon. Amended my country ranking goal - those column heading needs changed, but I can't be bothered to mess about with the spreadsheet now - slightly, ran some numbers and aiming for page 250 of the UK rankings might have been a little ambitious, so changed it to a target that is both more realistic and still challenging. Also decided to have an official target for reducing the unearned trophies on my profile, couldn't decide whether to go for 400 or 500 left unearned at year end so just took the middle option and got on with my life.

Year-2.png

Dragon Age: Inquisition 91% -> 100%

Assassin's Creed: Revelations 72% -> 100%

As expected, the Inquisition platinum came quite quickly on the 1st. Enjoyed the game immensely, but after approximately 200 hours sunk into it over the past couple of months it's a bit of a relief to be done with it now and moving on to something else. New Year, fresh start and all that.

Something else was the first step of Operation Play Some of The Pile of Disc Games That The Kid Would Like (the guy who comes up with the names is on vacation) and first up was the semi-completed Revelations. There's been some games I started and gave up on in the past and returning to them over the past year made me wonder why I quit them in the first place. Revelations isn't one of them - that was purely down to the Lost Archive DLC. I suppose they deserve credit for trying something different, but it was dreadful and I hated it and the 3.5 year gap didn't do much to help my feelings about that. One of the main reasons for playing Assassin's Creed games is stabbing dudes in the throat and to replace that with a non-combat first person platformer didn't sit too well with me. Decided to return to it though and finished the main game miscellaneous trophies I didn't get first time around - already had the story, collectibles and full sync ones from first time around thankfully and despite being mildly triggered by the Desmond trophies being along Lost Archive lines, no real problems there once I remembered how to play the game. Eventually struggled through the Lost Archive as well, although I'll be having nightmares about crossing the Styx for quite a while - that last trophy must have take me at least four hours and several NSFW outbursts to master. A proper challenge though, I EARNED that bronze!

Plan for the upcoming week is to take on the Spiderman NG+ and DLCs and, time permitting, the Fallout 4 DLCs. Both physical games and I'll have the added bonus of taking on two games that, despite the platinum netted for both, currently sit in the 60s on my profile which has irritated me for quite a while now - although not enough to actually do something about it before now.

Solid start to the year here though, long may it continue.

good luck you can do it i am from 16% to now 29% on final fantasy type0hd i hope  i unlocked the platinum trophie within a few days it only takes 40 hours so it wil be quick and i got dragon age inquition+dlc  aswell started in 2016

On 1/6/2023 at 7:03 PM, da-Noob123 said:

Spent most of my time this week working on TESO. The amount to work needed on this game is staggering and I am seriously considering just hiding it before the end of the month to play it at my leisure without stressing about trophies for the time being. 

When it got to be too much I played Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus.

I have decided to hide TESO for the time being. The 100+ trophies it has is screwing with my mind and I don't want that. I will play it at my leisure and that will hopefully make it less stressful going forward. To anyone else who has only a trophy or two in it, I recommend logging in daily to claim daily rewards - primarily for currency (especially in months where they give out 100k of gold) so that you can use the gold to buy pack, bank, and stable (mounts) upgrades. They really add up and if you don't plan on getting ESO+ right out of the gate you are going to need the extra storage space really quickly. Also, I highly recommend listening/ reading a beginners guide, personally I listened to LuckyGhosts one. It was 3 hours long and had a lot of useful information, I'm sure you can find others if you don't like Ghost for whatever reason or you think 3 hours is to long - to be honest though, that 3 hours barely scratches the surface of this game...

In other news, this weekend I managed to Platinum R&C Into the Nexus for my first Plat of the year. 1 of 4 R&C games done.

@Squirlruler If it's not too late please adjust my starting stats to: 

Original Starting PCG: 92.18% > 93.73%

Goal: 97.18% > 98.73%

Total Points: 255300 > 256425

Total Started Games: 196 > 195

Total Completed Games: 172 > 173

Total Platinums: 159 > 160

I don't mind giving up the completion earned from R&C.

I think I will stick with streaming the PS3 games I want to finish before my PS+ Premium expires. I might spring for Extra when the time comes but I doubt they will be adding any new PS3 games to stream and Sony is not really doing much with Classic games right now. ?

Next paycheck is this coming week so I should be able to get my PS3 repaired by the end of this month and maybe start working on the in complete disc games I have on it. Looking forward to getting back to New Vegas!

• Like 4

Hi all, I'm wanting to join again this year, got busy irl to be able to do much the second half of last year but I'd like to try again, it was a good community taking part. My starting percentage will be 76.05 % with a goal of reaching 81.05% by the end of the year. Got some Vita and PS3 backlog to work on, not seeing much in the way of PS5 games I have to play at the moment.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

First update of the year!

I am going to use the same template as I used in the previous events, with an update on either Monday or Tuesday. As stated in my opening post , I will have limited game time during the next 2 months or so. Nevertheless I still can make some good progress but I have to pick my battles. So I am not going to focus on long(er) games right now, just games that either short/I can play in short bursts or take on some DLC. Also planning to pick up some short games from my ' non started backlog' .

The Walking Dead Season 1 - PS4 - 89% => 100%

Totally missed that this game had a DLC. Unfortunately after so many years I felt hardly any connection with the game content anymore. Lucky it was a short one and it is my first 100% completion game of the year.

Spirit of the North - PS5 - 1% => 100% :platinum:

Decent indie game but with crappy jump controls. Pretty simple puzzles but nice music/environment. This year I am trying to play more games from the premium subscription.

FIFA18 - PS4 - 64% => 66%

Happy that I got the last pro club trophy done this weekend. Found a good boosting group. What I have left now should be doable, whereas getting into division 1 with FUT feels like a big grind.

Other than that I am playing Rainbow Six Siege, I still need 1 trophy but I am hoping it will come. Will only post an update on that game once I finally got that.

Current Status

game-week-1.png

Plans for next week:

- continue playing FIFA 18

- start Atlantis DLC of Assassins Creed Odyssey

Happy trophy hunting everybody!

thats great progress i do final fantasy type0hd from 16% to 30% now i try to decrease my unfinished games to 200 games since i got alot of short and normal easy games i stopped playing ezpz games maybe it is going to be unlocked within a few days since its only 40 hours in total time final fantasy type 0hd 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stuthesheep said:

I've tinkered with my stats presentation for the year ahead, not 100% sold on it just yet though so more minor alterations might come soon. Amended my country ranking goal - those column heading needs changed, but I can't be bothered to mess about with the spreadsheet now - slightly, ran some numbers and aiming for page 250 of the UK rankings might have been a little ambitious, so changed it to a target that is both more realistic and still challenging. Also decided to have an official target for reducing the unearned trophies on my profile, couldn't decide whether to go for 400 or 500 left unearned at year end so just took the middle option and got on with my life.

Plan for the upcoming week is to take on the Spiderman NG+ and DLCs and, time permitting, the Fallout 4 DLCs. Both physical games and I'll have the added bonus of taking on two games that, despite the platinum netted for both, currently sit in the 60s on my profile which has irritated me for quite a while now - although not enough to actually do something about it before now.

Solid start to the year here though, long may it continue.

I think that getting to pg250 on the UK list is highly achievable.

There are 3 games on your profile that will help boost your percentage and up the leaderboards.

Formula 1 2016: Lots of easier trophies to pop off besides doing the championship runs. I can also help with the online too.

Rocket League: This game gives out trophies like sweets and it's so easy to cheese if you aren't enjoying it. Maybe time to give it a chance.

Wolfenstein: The New Order: You just have the final difficulty trophies, which if you don't fancy doing the whole game, you can just do the fiirst mission and then load up the last mission and complete it from there. Another plat in the bag.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Rocket League: This game gives out trophies like sweets and it's so easy to cheese if you aren't enjoying it. Maybe time to give it a chance.

Wolfenstein: The New Order: You just have the final difficulty trophies, which if you don't fancy doing the whole game, you can just do the fiirst mission and then load up the last mission and complete it from there. Another plat in the bag.

I always learn something in this tread! These are two games that are in my unfinished backlog too.

@wolfenstein: you play the last chapter also in higher difficulty and than the game  ; thinks you did the whole game?

16 minutes ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

wolfenstein: you play the last chapter also in higher difficulty and than the game  ; thinks you did the whole game?

Yes basically.

So if you have finished the game on any other difficulty (normal for example) then you load up the last chapter on über and then when you beat the boss (which you can also cheese by hiding under stairs) it will unlock any difficulties you haven't completed yet.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Yes basically.

So if you have finished the game on any other difficulty (normal for example) then you load up the last chapter on über and then when you beat the boss (which you can also cheese by hiding under stairs) it will unlock any difficulties you haven't completed yet.

so basically most difficulties stack when playing and defeat the games on the hardest difficultie those games like uncharted on crushing