Is Asking For Game Sharing Allowed in the Sessions Section?

I've noticed that some sessions exist to ask users to share delisted DLC content for certain games, which I think is perfectly fine (it's your content do with it as you will), but is that actually allowed on the site or is it just flying under the radar? If I recall correctly, you can't actually ask for game sharing in the forums, so wasn't sure if that is just a technicality or something.

Edit: I'll tag @DaivRules

Edited by sepheroithisgod

19 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I've noticed that some sessions exist to ask users to share delisted DLC content for certain games, which I think is perfectly fine (it's your content do with it as you will), but is that actually allowed on the site or is it just flying under the radar? If I recall correctly, you can't actually ask for game sharing in the forums, so wasn't sure if that is just a technicality or something.

Edit: I'll tag @DaivRules

Rule 4 is no account or game sharing: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

Shouldn't team accounts then be against the rules?

In case people are wondering how to tell if multiple players are using the same account...1f447.png

iEYV04K.png

devil’s advocate- wouldn’t anyone who worked alternate day/night shifts, or just who had switched from day shift to night shifts… or, indeed, moved to a different country in a different time zone at some point in the life of thier profile, have a similar chart? ?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

In case people are wondering how to tell if multiple players are using the same account...1f447.png

iEYV04K.png

Those rules are for what gets posted on the site and we can and will moderate. Not everything that happens off the site. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

devil’s advocate- wouldn’t anyone who worked alternate day/night shifts, or just who had switched from day shift to night shifts… or, indeed, moved to a different country in a different time zone at some point in the life of thier profile, have a similar chart? 1f914.png

Or perhaps a robot or time traveler or scientist who clones himself or a bunch of trophy slaves or a magician or the accidental product of a horde of monkeys:dunno:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Those rules are for what gets posted on the site and we can and will moderate. Not everything that happens off the site. 

Okay, I see, so Forum Rules and Leaderboard Rules are different. I got that wrong.

Edit: I've saw that pattern in stats a few times on flagged profiles.

Edited by D-E-U-S-X

36 minutes ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

iEYV04K.png

What about people who play multiple games at the same time on multiple systems? Someone getting that many trophies is playing EZPZ for sure, so it's not like it's necessary to really pay attention. I could probably get these kinds of stupid numbers if I had EZPZs going on my PS4, PS5, and Vita all at once. If I was really insane, I could even buy multiple PS4/PS5 to have even more going at once. There's also families who share an account because it's just easier. Point is, it's a gray area, which is likely why it's not against the rules. It would be way too hard to really say for sure what was actually going on.

4 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

If you see it happening in Game sessions,  send the mods a PM with a link. We will handle it.

Don't get game sharing confused with shareplay though. These are two completely separate things.

Is asking for it not allowed, or actually doing it (with a friend for example)?

53 minutes ago, Colin said:

Is asking for it not allowed, or actually doing it (with a friend for example)?

Any version of asking for it is not allowed on the site. 

PSNP does not moderate what you and your friends do outside the site, and we certainly can’t check your purchase history to see what you bought or had a friend share with you. 

• Like 3

In short, game sharing (pirating) is a Sony problem, PSNP site rules support Sony by preventing the site from becoming a game sharing forum.  

PSNP does not have the staff, advanced tools, background data on game licenses and purchase history of every user to actually take action on accounts other than silencing users who attempt to share games or those who ask others to share with them.  

If i share my login with my close friend so they can download a game and play with me then PSNP wont know or care but if I post a request for something similar it should and will be removed from this site.  

Edited by audiopile
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Any version of asking for it is not allowed on the site. 

PSNP does not moderate what you and your friends do outside the site, and we certainly can’t check your purchase history to see what you bought or had a friend share with you. 

Ah okay i understand

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

devil’s advocate- wouldn’t anyone who worked alternate day/night shifts, or just who had switched from day shift to night shifts… or, indeed, moved to a different country in a different time zone at some point in the life of thier profile, have a similar chart? 1f914.png

Screenshot-2023-01-02-21-00-46.png

A year or two more of my current work schedule and my chart will look pretty similar to the example posted so yes lol

• Like 1