Challenge mode - Gold Standard

Shorah-

What would be the best 5 challenges to focus on? They're the only trophies that are preventing me from having the platinum and it's frustrating me. :T Seeing as I did the SpomgeBob DLC and now I'm stuck at 91% which is bothering me more than it should. Here's hoping I can actually platinum the game, I've enjoyed it a lot as well.

5 hours ago, Lucibur said:

What would be the best 5 challenges to focus on? They're the only trophies that are preventing me from having the platinum and it's frustrating me. :T Seeing as I did the SpongeBob DLC and now I'm stuck at 91% which is bothering me more than it should. Here's hoping I can actually platinum the game, I've enjoyed it a lot as well.

Do the ones I did for the Guide :): https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/20833-powerwash-simulator/40-gold-standard

• Like 1

Finally got it tonight in one go. I had struggled and even tried the high sensitivity time challenges but best I got was 4 mins for the 3 min van. I did all 5 water challenges. Best I can suggest is green nozzle using short spray paint like strokes of water and then go back with the yellow or red with sniper like precision shots. You might find the vintage car or motorbike needing the green but a quick trial run will show you what works. On the vintage car, I did most in green then yellow for a few more spots before using the soap nozzle for pinpoint shots and finished off the trunk with the yellow. Here's my times, in order of completion, to give you an idea:

Dirt Bike 3.76L (Gold is 4.00 L)

Golf Cart 4.22L (Gold is 4.25 L)

Van 11.86 L (Gold is 15.00 L)

Motorbike and Sidecar 12.22L (Gold is 15.00 L)

Vintage Car 11.82L (Gold is 15.50 L)

You see you get the hang of it by the end of the golf cart and have an idea on how to proceed. 

TIP FOR THOSE GOING FOR TIME. Hitting the touch pad to select nozzles or pausing to check for sections pauses time

Edited by Rockstar-Suicide
  • Like 2

I went into the challenge knowing that I always use way more water than necessary, so I did time challenges for all 5 (x2 for the trophy stacks). Did the dirt bike (this took quite a few tries but at least it was short), golf cart, van, back garden, and fire truck.

For anyone struggling with this trophy I think it's all about knowing if you are a more precise powerwasher (quantity) or fast chaotic powerwasher (time).  I HIGHLY recommend watching youtube videos on the challenge you choose several times to be sure you know precisely how to approach it (which nozzles to use, soaps, order, etc.), and abuse that touchpad and options pause to give yourself a breather. Those are what made a huge difference for me.

Edited by KCF392
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 7/8/2023 at 3:21 PM, KCF392 said:

I went into the challenge knowing that I always use way more water than necessary, so I did time challenges for all 5 (x2 for the trophy stacks). Did the dirt bike (this took quite a few tries but at least it was short), golf cart, van, back garden, and fire truck.

For anyone struggling with this trophy I think it's all about knowing if you are a more precise powerwasher (quantity) or fast chaotic powerwasher (time).  I HIGHLY recommend watching youtube videos on the challenge you choose several times to be sure you know precisely how to approach it (which nozzles to use, soaps, order, etc.), and abuse that touchpad and options pause to give yourself a breather. Those are what made a huge difference for me.

Thank you so much for the suggestion, I was struggling to get the gold medal by following the trophy guide.

I got them within an hour after doing those time challenges on van, dirt bike, golf cart, and fire truck. Did the last medal with water challenge for dirt bike.

Edited by henricuz
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2023 at 1:28 AM, GentleJordy said:

Really interesting seeing how there's seemingly no one challenge anyone's exceptionally good at lol. I personally hate the water limit ones because those hard to reach spots can be absolute killers. Got all my golds from time trials.

I agree. Different people are good at different ones. As you can see from my post from back when I was playing the challenges, I ended up having to do a combination of time and water challenges. I still haven't seen anyone list the vintage car as one of their completed gold challenges. 

I expect this thread to be visited quite a bit once this becomes available for PS Plus next week.

On 11/23/2023 at 7:28 AM, GentleJordy said:

Really interesting seeing how there's seemingly no one challenge anyone's exceptionally good at lol. I personally hate the water limit ones because those hard to reach spots can be absolute killers. Got all my golds from time trials.

It‘s the other way round for me! I recently platted the PS4 stack and got all my golds exclusively from the water challenges, doing the Bungalow, Garden, Van, Dirtbike and the Golfcart.  I tried doing timed challenges, but couldn‘t even reach the bronze time for the most part, but ended up first trying all the water challenges (green nozzle for the win).

So everyone with boomer hands and lots of patience, this is how you do it. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gho-Zti said:

So everyone with boomer hands and lots of patience, this is how you do it. ;)

This killed me hahahaah so funny 🤣  Started the game yesterday and playing it now a bit in between in the evening to chill and relax. Gonna do the challenging part at a later point ^^ it`s super boring AND fun at the same time lol weird simulator.,

• Like 1

just platted ps4 ver, I did

water challenge: Van,Dirt Bike, Golf cart,motorbike and sidecar

time challenge: Golf cart(2 secs ahead only)

time challenge is a big NO NO to me, time too strict and stressful whereas water challenge can take your time to wash up as long as you know what to do(yellow nozzle all the way)

1 hour ago, zero3extreme said:

just platted ps4 ver, I did

water challenge: Van,Dirt Bike, Golf cart,motorbike and sidecar

time challenge: Golf cart(2 secs ahead only)

time challenge is a big NO NO to me, time too strict and stressful whereas water challenge can take your time to wash up as long as you know what to do(yellow nozzle all the way)

I agree, the only thing I did differently was the Garden time trophy instead of the Sidecar because I got the trophy really early into my playthrough, the water challenges were incredibly easy, the same can't be said for the time challenges, especially the motorbike one, I couldn't do it so I just went for a longer level and got it on my first try

Really struggling here.

completed the dirt bike time limit easy enough and the the van water challenge easy enough but my best for van tme challenge is 3:02 and my best for dirt bike water challenge is 4:02. Just can't quite get it under.

It's always the engine of the dirt bike that seems to struggle to register. The hit detection is extremely poor and I'm starting to think it's luck based. I've watched some videos but still can't do it.

Anyone got any tips for these?

39 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Really struggling here.

completed the dirt bike time limit easy enough and the the van water challenge easy enough but my best for van tme challenge is 3:02 and my best for dirt bike water challenge is 4:02. Just can't quite get it under.

It's always the engine of the dirt bike that seems to struggle to register. The hit detection is extremely poor and I'm starting to think it's luck based. I've watched some videos but still can't do it.

Anyone got any tips for these?

Aaaand just as I posted this I got the dirt bike water challenge at 3.93L.

EDIT: And done the van in 2:55. One more challenge to go. 

Have to say these challenges have really soured me on the game. Almost goes against the point since it's supposed to be relaxing and cathartic.  ☹️

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Breakingthegreen said:

Have you tried putting on motion controls? It's the only way I could fathom getting the time trials done. 

No, if I think it's the controls you're on about then I'm not a big fan of them in the first place. I may have to give that a go all the same though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I couldn't get a single water challenge done in either on either stack. I'm just too impatient.

Honestly I feel like the time challenge for locations are actually REALLY easy, on the PS5 I cut it a bit close but still got it first try and I cranked up my sensitivity doing the PS4 stack and I hit 21:19 on the Back Garden and and 20:53 on the Bungalow, with Gold being anything under 25, that is a MASSIVE amount of time left compared to others like the Dirt Bike which comes down to fractions of a second.

...it being my sixth time cleaning those locations probably doesn't hurt either.

I did the van on both, water and time. 
I went for the glass cleaner first to go for the windows and lights, switched to metal to spray all over the van, then went with the green nozzle to do the rest of the cleaning. 

the others were the time challenge for the bungalow, the golf cart time one and lastly the dirt bike with the water challenge. For this I only used the white nozzle, which worked perfectly. Just needed like 3l

It’s not as bad as it seems, and I really despise time challenges. So good luck to everybody, you got this! 

I'll just share the ones i think are the easiest ones to knock those gold ones

Van (water)

Golf cart (both time and water-use the green spray for water challenge) 

Vintage Car (time) it does take some practicing on this one but its pretty alright.

Bungalow (both time and water) this is really chill if you spend your time or water just casually without too much wasting you'll probably get it at first try. 

These are the ones that worked without stress for me. Small tip, if you are not getting motorbike challenge done just drop it, that shit feels too random. Its a weird one sometimes i had 1:12 sometimes i had 2 minutes just doesn't worth the stress lol. 

I did Van, both time and water. Pretty easy. 

Third one was the Bike with sidecar water , this one was by far the easiest of all for me. I had 5 liters left and it was first try. You have so much wiggle room here. Just be patient and don`t spam like an idiot and you are completely fine.

The final two were the golf cart. Time was easy, water was VERY VERY close i only had a few ml left took me few tries.

The vintage car didn`t worked for me somehow. Also a friend did the motocross bike, but i wasn`t able to beat that time, also water challenge failed as well due to the tires.

Trophy took me around 2 hours in the end. Not too bad but imo a very senseless trophy in a pretty cool and chill game. 

Now let`s hope for a patch one day.

Edited by DavySuicide