New DLC trophies

CraigyCX

12 minutes ago, shownamemenu said:

The devs said they'll add new 45 challenges with similar trophy list. (Sifu Arenas #2) Like a series 2.

And that's why the first arena trophy list is called 'Sifu Arenas #1' in PS4 version. Maybe they'll name it 'Sifu Arenas 2' in PS5 version. Of course new achievements would come back much harder. I will share you my Q&A soon.

Can you name a source? Maybe you got something wrong. I heard about that the Arenas Expansion will arrive Q2 for the Nintendo Switch version.

This strat got me the trophy! Thank you so much for posting this !

On 3/29/2023 at 2:16 PM, victorrfuego said:

Update: If anyone is doing the Performance gold stamp, do Ruthless, its in the second set of challenges.

You need a score of 5,800 and imo its easier and shorter than A Grand Master in the first set.

Sweep the woman with the bat and use that weapon for the first wave. In the advancing rounds, use all the weapons you can and make sure you take care of the big guy before killing the rest, try to parry as much as you can! It refills the focus bar faster and you'll be able to stun the big guy easily and get him out of the arena. For the last wave, make sure you have a knife/machete (From the previous wave) to use the focus bar to Thigh Cut one of the last two enemies. You should keep a high x3 combo by this and should get your last 500-800 points here.

Sorry if it is too in depth, but I was able to get the gold stamp here 3 times in a row :)

Edited by Nighthawk3541
Messed up the quote
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, shownamemenu said:

The devs said they'll add new 45 challenges with similar trophy list. (Sifu Arenas #2) Like a series 2.

And that's why the first arena trophy list is called 'Sifu Arenas #1' in PS4 version. Maybe they'll name it 'Sifu Arenas 2' in PS5 version. Of course new achievements would come back much harder. I will share you my Q&A soon.

Okay so I will see a new thread later this year then lol. Oh gosh I imagine they are going to be putting in some crazy shit in there 

1 hour ago, victorrfuego said:

Okay so I will see a new thread later this year then lol. Oh gosh I imagine they are going to be putting in some crazy shit in there 

Imagine a boss rush challenge.... 

14 minutes ago, ONUOsFan said:

Does anyone have a breakdown somewhere or some idea they can give me of what scores more points? I’m watching videos that are getting way more points than I am even when I’m not getting hit at all and I can’t figure out why. 

To get better scoring in performance, you also need to change you moveset (its listed in the tips). So you need to use different combo's or use different weapons. Ruthless is best for since you can use hand combo's, the bat and the knife.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Helobious7 said:

How do you know that they will add new Trophies in Q2? There are supposed to be more arenas, but they didn't say anything about more trophies, or did I miss something?

Even more Trophies and harder ones would be really annoying. I'm slowly starting to dislike the game...

They removed their comment. I believe the Dev's tweet about Q2 having more arenas and the Switch version was misread as having more trophies, but at this stage there's nothing indicating more trophies are coming. I would bet that there are no more trophies coming, just more arenas - which would make the trophies easier as you would have more choice in which challenges to complete.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Markemmanuel said:

They removed their comment. I believe the Dev's tweet about Q2 having more arenas and the Switch version was misread as having more trophies, but at this stage there's nothing indicating more trophies are coming. I would bet that there are no more trophies coming, just more arenas - which would make the trophies easier as you would have more choice in which challenges to complete.

Trophy list on console says 'Sifu arenas #1' I don't know but it feels like there are will be more lists like #2... ?

• Like 2

I'm excited to try this. The problem for a lot of people will be that they played on Student, mashing parry and taking their time. It does seem very forgiving as you are playing on Normal and only have to get a gold medal in each of the arena categories.

20 hours ago, Veritas7Ax said:

Having a hard time with Ruthless gold. Can't seem to get higher than 5300.

Edit: Nevermind. The classic "complain about not being able to do something then you get it on the next try" strikes again for the 1000th time. Got it right after and killed the score, 6647. Was not getting a lot of variety/points by using a weapon the entire time, but once I got past the first round and 1/2 with my fists (using different moves), I had my combo gauge solidly full at 3x, and then I used a weapon and was able to stay locked in there. Bit of luck too.

This technique worked for me as well, focused on keeping solid full gauge at 3x rather than trying to get different combinations. Parrying regularly is essential. I just about got over the line with 5865 on Ruthless!

7 minutes ago, Veritas7Ax said:

Got the PS4 stack done. Overall wasn't too bad. Was getting a bit ragey on like 2-3 challenges, including the final one. I just suck at fighting Yang effectively I think.

Congrats. 

The last challenge is my last one and I can't even get to his second form. 

Any tips? 

29 minutes ago, Markemmanuel said:

Congrats. 

Any tips? 

First tip is probably the most obvious: try to hold onto all your lives by the time you reach him. If you've made it that far with challenges, expounding on that really isn't necessary.

After that, I always mash L1 while fighting him with a melee weapon. It's simple but I can usually wear down his structure meter this way (but it means you get yours beat up too). His slide kick is usually telegraphed a bit if the distance between you is right, but he uses it a bit less here I noticed. Part of that is unlike the story fight, Yang first form NEVER stops moving. Originally he would stand still and talk, but here, he is constantly moving toward you. This makes it crazy difficult to recover structure. However, if you really need to, you can sprint away, stop moving to let it recover a bit, then repeat when he gets close. It's honestly not super worth it, but it could possibly help. The weapon can also wear down his structure when mashing L1 creates a stagger opportunity.

Second form is where things go to shit for me. Deflecting is out the window. It's all about learning his moves and the timing of when to dodge. Historically, I was so bad at dodging the attack where he dashes at you from a long distance and does three side-to-side swipes. Apparently I was dodging the wrong direction. Down dodge seemed to work better here. Was able to dodge them more effectively, but timing is still critical. A lot of his other combos are just a few hits and after dodging them, you can get a quick opening. Again a weapon can wear down his structure, but you might be less comfortable using it. I use the attack (forget the name) where it's Triangle (pause) Triangle when I am using fists.

That's all I really got. It really comes down to skill with dodging and etc. Going into it with as many lives left as possible is huge. Overall I suck at fighting him, but maybe that helps a little. I beat him literally on my last life.

Edited by Veritas7Ax
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Markemmanuel said:

Congrats. 

Any tips? 

This one took me a while as well. Having a weapon helped a lot, mainly the machete from the first wave, the wooden staff from the final enemy of wave 3 and the machete from the other enemy in the final wave. I also tried to minimise using the other wooden sticks during the earlier waves as I found these can be useful to stagger the final boss by simply throwing them at him and then charging in with some follow up attacks. Took me a 2-3 hours in total.

• Like 1

Hoping I can trigger another success on Ruthless by complaining about it again lol. Doing the PS5 stack now and I have NO idea how I got 6674 on this the first time. I am playing almost perfectly and missing the score by 250-300 points. Been at it for almost two hours. It's crazy.

Again, I find that even if I play as perfect as I can, with just using a bat/pipe/etc., I just don't get enough points.

Edit: lmao it strikes again, although tbf, it took me 3 more tries. And get this, I got 5800 EXACTLY. It still unlocks the trophy even though it says "over 5800". And I think I only got it because after doing a Thigh Cut on one of the final two lades, I managed to slam the other into a wall, breaking structure just enough to do a takedown. If I had just depleted her health, I assume I would have failed on points.

ojQ2VuG.jpg

Edited by Veritas7Ax
  • Like 3

For those that have done Aerial Fighting Club, what combo/attack are you using to stun them so quickly to throw them off? I'm usually dying with around four targets left after about three minutes.

Edit: disregard, this thread's gift strikes again and I completed it straight after posting. 

Edited by BusyFace13

On 28/03/2023 at 9:37 PM, BestUsername---- said:

On the first map, Night Call and Street Fighting Club. 

I barely scrap by in Performance challenges and Capture missions rely too much on RNG on npc movement. Haven't play/unlocked all the maps so maybe the later challenges are more lenient?

I got the best age of 20 on NIGHT CALL and no gold sramp. Am I missing something?