New DLC trophies

CraigyCX

4 hours ago, theomgkitteh said:

I mean... So that this 1% could boast about it 1f603.png

I think I would. 1f601.png 

You know what I mean. Its like trophy hunters nowadays expect everything to be easy or be able to bypass. I was much like this, abusing the game, using glitches but I finally realised that it is a waste of time. Why cheat my way out to then look at it and be like, I didn't really achieve it did I?

4 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

What reaction did you expect from that post? A round of applause?

The main reason people come to these forums is to seek and share help/advice. Not to be teased like that.

You could have just kept quiet. You didn't. Here's the result.

Again this is a forum like you said and if I remember this forum isn't just to seek help. It's to create a way for trophy hunters to communicate and share their opinions about games as well. Track their games, etc. Again I didn't expect to be applauded. All I said was for people who were decent at the game to not be worried as this DLC isn't hard. A guy asked me how I got my scores that low. I told him I had a way. People didn't like that I didn't share how I did it.

Edited by omnx-supak

@omnx-supak Notice that I only commented on your "surprise" over other people's reactions.

5 hours ago, omnx-supak said:

Imagine being mad at me because I am ''gatekeeping'' a combo.

I wouldn't have said anything otherwise, as I don't think it's ok to pile up on someone.

You're free to boast or tease people with strategies you won't share, just don't act surprised when some people find it unhelpful or even provocative.

Peace ✌️

9 hours ago, Solarus755 said:

Alright I just finished everything up. Here is what worked for me:

For "A Touch of Acumen", I spent way too long on score attacks (swapping between Ruthless, Old Guy, and a walk in the park), and I cannot for the life of me figure this scoring system out. I realize you get more points for 3x multiplier and yellow bar, though why not just have a higher multiplier if the bar color matters? Points given almost seem random (though I know they're not), and I followed every bit of advice online from multiple sources. I even managed to get through Ruthless only getting hit twice and literally doing nothing but parrying into counter attacks and could not meet the score requirement. I don't know if there's just a huge element of luck to it, but I just said screw it and tried Time Attack... Then got it on my 3rd attempt on Bloodstained Walls. For anybody struggling with this strange scoring system, Time Attack really isn't that bad, and holding Triangle with the unbreakable sword will kill any enemy in one hit, so you can clean up the big guys really quickly. It's really not hard at all. go there if you're scratching your head like I was.

For Capture Arena, I did Rusty Business. 3 hit Triangle Combo cleans up pretty well here, so I just mashed that start to finish. Don't try to finish enemies off, just push them out of the square. If they get in, then you'll have to kill them, but you can do this very quickly on all but 2 enemies for the entire map, so it's not a huge inconvenience. Make sure you know where you need to run to get to the next capture point, and on the catwalk shove people off.

For Manhunt, The Last Exam is the way to go. You can blow through the big guys very quickly if you get good at parrying, so I'd recommend focusing on getting better at it. It won't take too long to go from dodging all attacks to parrying them all. Use focus attacks on the 3rd and 4th targets after a combo once they start blocking as they're the most annoying and will slow you down the most.

Survival is easily the most simple gold stamp to get. Just do Night Call and don't get hit. It's short, and since it's on the first map, you don't have any difficult enemies yet.

For the last mission, a lot of people seem to be having difficulties. I personally found him much easier than A Touch of Acumen. Again, parry all his attacks. He will guard break you a few times before he goes down, but he does a lot of rapid strikes that will crush his structure bar when parried.

All in all, the hardest part about the DLC trophies was getting back into the game from scratch after playing it so long ago at launch. This is a practice makes perfect game. Get used to parrying again, and the trophies will come very quickly afterwards. I think the scoring system is a little convoluted and half baked, but otherwise it's a decently fun DLC for a pretty great game. 

but do you have to get the golden seals in all the challenges?

there are some that are impossible to do, and this is spoken by one who platinumed it before the easy patch

4 hours ago, darktore said:

there are some that are impossible to do, and this is spoken by one who platinumed it before the easy patch

You do not have to get the golden stamps on all of the challenges for any trophies thankfully. You have to get three golden stamps in one of each. So one for Survival, Performance, Capture and Manhunt.

7 hours ago, darktore said:

I'm not sure what platting the game before the easy patch has to do with anything, but you can get gold stamps in every challenge. Here's a video showing a gold stamps run for every challenge in the game:

And no you don't need to gold stamp them all. If you read the trophy list, you'll see you only need 1 gold stamp for each of Survival, Manhunt, Capture Arena, and one of either Performance or Time Attack. You do need to complete all arenas, but your rating on each mission doesn't matter for this part.

• Like 1

On 16/4/2023 at 4:43 PM, Solarus755 said:

I'm not sure what platting the game before the easy patch has to do with anything, but you can get gold stamps in every challenge. Here's a video showing a gold stamps run for every challenge in the game:

And no you don't need to gold stamp them all. If you read the trophy list, you'll see you only need 1 gold stamp for each of Survival, Manhunt, Capture Arena, and one of either Performance or Time Attack. You do need to complete all arenas, but your rating on each mission doesn't matter for this part.

Yes, but what are the "easiest" ones to do? I have several unlocked three stamps but do not unlock the trophies

On 2023-04-18 at 10:25 AM, darktore said:

Yes, but what are the "easiest" ones to do? I have several unlocked three stamps but do not unlock the trophies

3 stamps are not gold stamps. Gold stamps are additional hidden requirements and much harder to get. Lots of suggestions for gold stamp missions in this thread.

• Like 3

2 ore fa, Solarus755 ha detto:

3 francobolli non sono francobolli d'oro. I francobolli d'oro sono ulteriori requisiti nascosti e molto più difficili da ottenere. Un sacco di suggerimenti per le missioni di timbri d'oro in questo thread.

Done 100% thanks

12 minutes ago, Maarvinel said:

Very easy way to get "A Touch of Acumen" for noobs like me :)

Wait, you can simply break their posture with parries and push them against the wall? Always thought that does some damage.

Awesome find! I might go back and get that trophy too.

Edited by I-Kami-I

I struggled with Acumen for a few days and attempted Old Guy over and over and couldnt quite get gold. I tried ruthless again and got it second try this time. Like the above video throwing really seems to help keep a combo going and stay in the yellow bar. I used sweeps for the big guys and counter hit the small grunts. Not getting hit I was around 5300 before the last wave with two acrobats. If you can use a a focus strike stun one and push her into the wall this will instantly give you a finisher and quite a bit of points. Then you can throw a weapon and stun lock the second and finish them both very quickly. I ended up with roughly 6000 points or so. I found ruthless to be far easier then Old Guy with less variation needed and its much faster to retry. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Feedback of the DLC trophies :

I have every Soulsgame on 100% in every version ( for example 4 times Demons Souls, PS3 EU/NA/AS and PS5 ). I have a lot of other hard games like Sekiro, Returnal, Mortal Shell, Nioh 1/2, the Surge 1/2 etc. on 100% but this DLC is on another level. I would personally give it a 8.5/10. Elden Ring was a 7/10 for me. If you played the easy ( student ) mode before like i did, then you gonna have a very hard time. 

The hardest challenge by far was the last of the 45 challenges. Just for me it was much harder then the gold stuff. I got the gold stuff always in a couple of tries but the last and final challenge is pure pain. You have just a couple of lives and you need to fight 4 waves including the final boss with all its phases. You need to parry/dodge and counter attack. You really need to time your attacks instead of button smashing. Its hard and I am already afraid of whats coming in the future. Hopefully no new trophies. 

For the gold challenges I did :

- Night call (survival);

- Ruthless (performance);

- The Last Exam (manhunt);

- Rusty Business (capture). 

Best regards,

fischyyy

• Like 3

11 hours ago, fischyyyOfficial said:

The hardest challenge by far was the last of the 45 challenges.

I have to agree with you on this. You sound more skilled in games than me, but having done some pretty hard ones myself (olliolli world, fall guys, bloodborne, elden ring etc), I still can't complete the last one. I've probably tried about 30+ times and for now I'm waiting for the new DLC packs. Hopefully there's no additional trophies and I can unlock this last one from additional packs. 

58 minutes ago, Markemmanuel said:

I have to agree with you on this. You sound more skilled in games than me, but having done some pretty hard ones myself (olliolli world, fall guys, bloodborne, elden ring etc), I still can't complete the last one. I've probably tried about 30+ times and for now I'm waiting for the new DLC packs. Hopefully there's no additional trophies and I can unlock this last one from additional packs. 

I checked your profile. You have some hard / very hard trophies too. Even Sackboy was pretty tough if you ask me. OlliOlli is a 8/10 in a lot of guides. I was hoping the same with the addidional arenas coming out but I wanted to get this off my list and I am also afraid that they would add similiar trophies with completing 65/65 arenas. Then you need to do it anyways.

At which point are you struggling? I guess its the boss part correct? I can get to the boss with maybe loosing one, somestimes 2 lives. I think if you lost more then 2 lives you should restart. The first phase was "okay" for me....loosing maybe 1 health. The second is where the pain starts. I can give you the following tip for the final phase :

Use the long staff as weapon and use the following attack.

Press the stick to the top + triangle combination for at first for a hard attack and break his fighting stance following two short square attacks and then this attack pattern again and again. Dont give him the chance to fight you back. Maybe this will help you.

Best regards,

fischyyy

• Like 1

Today I completed all the DLC trophies and it was kinda tough, especially after 6 months without touching the game. I hope they won't add any more trophies since I didn't enjoy Gold Stamps ones (And timed missions oh my god, I hate those so much). We know they will add more challenges in Q2 2023, and I honestly hope they will lower the difficulty.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 3:30 PM, fischyyyOfficial said:

Feedback of the DLC trophies :

I have every Soulsgame on 100% in every version ( for example 4 times Demons Souls, PS3 EU/NA/AS and PS5 ). I have a lot of other hard games like Sekiro, Returnal, Mortal Shell, Nioh 1/2, the Surge 1/2 etc. on 100% but this DLC is on another level. I would personally give it a 8.5/10. Elden Ring was a 7/10 for me. If you played the easy ( student ) mode before like i did, then you gonna have a very hard time. 

The hardest challenge by far was the last of the 45 challenges. Just for me it was much harder then the gold stuff. I got the gold stuff always in a couple of tries but the last and final challenge is pure pain. You have just a couple of lives and you need to fight 4 waves including the final boss with all its phases. You need to parry/dodge and counter attack. You really need to time your attacks instead of button smashing. Its hard and I am already afraid of whats coming in the future. Hopefully no new trophies. 

For the gold challenges I did :

- Night call (survival);

- Ruthless (performance);

- The Last Exam (manhunt);

- Rusty Business (capture). 

Best regards,

fischyyy

I gotta agree with the whole post except I would give it a 7/10 difficulty.

But tbh, this whole DLC was harder than the souls games lmao. Good thing everyone came up clutch and recommended the easier challenges to get gold stamps.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I just picked up Sifu again to get the 100% again.

It started good. Got the first 3 trophys vers fast.

"Project Arena", "Diligence as a goal" and "Bloody Sport"

Meanwhile i also did everything necesary for the other trophys 3 stamps in at least one Arena of every mode and i cleared 45 arenas, but neither of these trophys unlock for me. I tried replaying them changing character etc. did anyone else have the same problem?

And maybe a workaround?

Up next imwill probably try a new savefile or the PS4 version.

The 3 stamps trophy is Diligence as a goal, and you got it.

Gold stamps is another topic, look for previous pages in this topic about which arenas are the best to get them. Those are hidden advanced goals.

About the 45 arenas cleared, are you sure you got at least one stamp on any of them? It's not having +45 stamps in total.

Started this this week too, after obtaining the :platinum:, good luck!

• Like 1