Trophy thoughts

grilled_cheez_3

8 minutes ago, grilled_cheez_3 said:

Pretty much what we knew already from the Steam version, and it's great that there's no multiple-playthrough or missable trophies. Praise the Warriors of Light!

Oh? So getting that Excalibur isn't missable at all? I thought that, as it sounds like the ultimate weapon (I could be wrong), that you could mess up something and be locked out of getting it. But if it's not missable at all, then I'd assume that it's an endgame weapon.

Looking forward to properly play through this game though, as I've played it before on the Vita, but didn't get that far. I think I defeated the first boss and that was about it.

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Oh? So getting that Excalibur isn't missable at all? I thought that, as it sounds like the ultimate weapon (I could be wrong), that you could mess up something and be locked out of getting it. But if it's not missable at all, then I'd assume that it's an endgame weapon.

Looking forward to properly play through this game though, as I've played it before on the Vita, but didn't get that far. I think I defeated the first boss and that was about it.

Honestly you might be right, I haven't played through in a few years but from a glance there's nothing overtly missable it seems. Thanks for correcting.

Just now, MidnightDragon said:

This game inspired Strangers in Paradise, didn't it? 

Never played FF1, but from what I got from SoP, was that SoP is 

Spoiler

A prequel to FF1. It's somewhat unclear to me whether it's supposed to be canonical to pre-FF1 or an alternate universe type of deal.

• Like 1

The hardest trophy would be 100% of the Bestiary, not because of difficulty but the rarity of the "Super" enemy the Warmech in the Floating Palace. Also there is 1 weapon stronger than Excalibur, the Masamune which is in the final dungeon and would count towards 100% chest.

Otherwise this one looks super easy and the level up probably still works. If it does then you can get massive boosts to your levels early though getting to 50 can be a bit of a grind.

Most of the trophies will come as you grind to level 50.

This list looks a lot easier than FF4, since you do not need a super rare drop from a super rare enemy. This being one of my Favorite FF games I might actually Plat this one.

From the looks of the list nothing is mis-able as you can always return to old dungeons as well. Also for those that have never played this before there is an enemy in the Ice cave (sorcerer in the old SNES game) that can insta-kill with it's melee attacks.

Edited by Void
  • Like 3

I'm absolutely thrilled to get to FINALLY play through these classics and to actually get to platinum them! That being said, can anyone confirm if the Excalibur, bestiary or chests are missable? I wouldn't want to play these games with a guide so would be nice to know.

8 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Nothing is missable in this game, not even chests like they are in later entries in this same collection. You need Adamantite from a chest in the Flying Fortress and give it to a Dwarf in Mt. Duergar to get Excalibur.

10 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Warmech is being a pain in the ass to show up for the bestiary.

Ugh, for me too. Supposedly either a 3/64 chance or a 1/64 chance depending on the walkthrough/source, but I've done over 200 battles on that floor with no luck so far.

Edit: finally got it after about 290 battles.

Edited by NathanielJohn

So to be absolutely certain, you can complete the Bestiary after defeating Chaos, right? 

Edit: Can confirm once you beat Chaos, you can save, and then when you load that save it starts you outside Chaos Shrine so you can continue with other trophies. 

Edited by sen-z-
Updated Information

1 hour ago, Caldor2K2 said:

Lol, took me about 90 minutes and 10 levels to find a Pirahna. Guess that means I'll find Warmech first try. 1f914.png

I feel this. I found Warmech on the 6th try, but have spent half an hour so far on the piranha... no luck yet.

24 minutes ago, grilled_cheez_3 said:

I just finished the Platinum, was an absolute blast! The QoL features make it enjoyable without removing too much challenge. Gametime was 12h because I tried to look online as few times as possible. Easily doable sub 10h with planning.

If the warmech spawns within 30-60min yea :D Heard some fought for over 4h to get him