Star Ocean: The Second Story R

Without an option to turn on the absolute ear-shattering English voices from the original PS1 game, this will be dead on arrival.

By far the most nostalgic part about Star Ocean 2 was hearing the characters screech out random bullshit during fights. The lack of care toward audio quality was biblical, and it actually became fantastic in its own right. My friends and I would always quote it out loud as kids.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Alayaes said:

Without an option to turn on the absolute ear-shattering English voices from the original PS1 game, this will be dead on arrival.

By far the most nostalgic part about Star Ocean 2 was hearing the characters screech out random bullshit during fights. The lack of care toward audio quality was biblical, and it actually became fantastic in its own right. My friends and I would always quote it out loud as kids.

I hope this is going to be using the original character art. Rena looks like a 10 year old in the psp release, compared to the original game where she looked like her age

24 minutes ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Till the End of Time is the best SO game.

I would welcome SO2 though since SE bastards didn't release PS4 version of the game outside Japan. 

It is quite strange they didn't localize the PS3/Vita or PS4 version, since it was a port of the psp game

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

I follow Gematsu. Far more informative.

Anyways depends what style of remake it is, if the same vein as octopath etc.

I like 2, i really like 4 international, 5 was shit, SO 3 is super overrated. 6 was a return to form and fun.

If it is based off of the PS1 version, hopefully the cave of trials doesn't crash the game. I do wish they increased the font size on star ocean 6

3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

If it is based off of the PS1 version, hopefully the cave of trials doesn't crash the game. I do wish they increased the font size on star ocean 6

Yeah i think all games should have a font size option. Some people are unable to see well and need it bigger. I prefer smaller to medium. 

Ugh yeah that was bad. I am sure they'd fix that for a remake. Black screens and all. lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alayaes said:

My college roommate was ready to smother me with a pillow if he had to hear"Uh oh, the enemy!" one more time. Honestly, in hindsight, I can't say I'd blame him!?

Super hyped for this though.

Was cool seeing this, but if it's yet again another "Remake" and not just that PS4 Remaster finally Translated/Ported over I have to ask... Why not do Star Ocean 1 Remake FIRST, I've never gotten around to SO First Departure R cause I saw that the SO2 PS4 Port was Japan Only and I think I remember reading that they are essentially the one long game (kinda like Person 2 Innocent Sin & Eternal Punishment basically) so why start at 2 now for another full on Remake?

This kinda thing just annoys the hell out of me, kinda like Persona 3 Reload being made, now if they ever go back to remake Persona 1/2 way later we're gonna have a massive quality dip from early in the series to later in the series. Hell just go off of the Persona 2 Duology in english, you have to go from the Innocent Sin PSP Remake down to the Eternal Punishment PS1 Original (only if you're in America or have a US Account like me though, or import a PS1 cause they're Region Locked... Or of course Emulation I guess) cause they never Translated and Released the Eternal Punishment PSP Remake in the west ?

Sorry for the tyrade ? Better be the PS4 Version or Remake BOTH, or SO1 again FIRST, ffs ?

Edit: I guess disregard the tyrade? ? I couldn't find anything about SO 1&2 being linked story/world wise (didn't search that much tbf) but I couldn't sworn I read that they are? Maybe I just assumed since the Remakes are called First Departure and Second Departure, which makes it sound like they're connected ?‍♂️ Point still stands about redoing both though ?

Edited by MRR---OFFICIAL

19 minutes ago, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

Was cool seeing this, but if it's yet again another "Remake" and not just that PS4 Remaster finally Translated/Ported over I have to ask... Why not do Star Ocean 1 Remake FIRST, I've never gotten around to SO First Departure R cause I saw that the SO2 PS4 Port was Japan Only and I think I remember reading that they are essentially the one long game (kinda like Person 2 Innocent Sin & Eternal Punishment basically) so why start at 2 now for another full on Remake?

This kinda thing just annoys the hell out of me, kinda like Persona 3 Reload being made, now if they ever go back to remake Persona 1/2 way later we're gonna have a massive quality dip from early in the series to later in the series. Hell just go off of the Persona 2 Duology in english, you have to go from the Innocent Sin PSP Remake down to the Eternal Punishment PS1 Original (only if you're in America or have a US Account like me though, or import a PS1 cause they're Region Locked... Or of course Emulation I guess) cause they never Translated and Released the Eternal Punishment PSP Remake in the west ?

Sorry for the tyrade 1f602.png Better be the PS4 Version or Remake BOTH, or SO1 again FIRST, ffs 1f612.png

Edit: I guess disregard the tyrade? 1f914.png I couldn't find anything about SO 1&2 being linked story/world wise (didn't search that much tbf) but I couldn't sworn I read that they are? Maybe I just assumed since the Remakes are called First Departure and Second Departure, which makes it sound like they're connected ?‍♂️ Point still stands about redoing both though 1f605.png

The only thing that links 1 and 2 is 2 of the party members in star ocean 1 is the parents of the main male character in star ocean 2. You can completely skip the first game and not miss out on anything.

Also the remake is called Second Evolution

4 hours ago, Alayaes said:

The PSP version had new english VAs and they weren't bad.

• 2 weeks later...