Final Fantasy Mode

Alayaes

Even without the cheat rings the FF mode is pretty balanced. The only notable difference is that sometimes a big monster appear in some places that it weren't in History/Action mode but they are easy to knock out. With the evasion ring is just a walk in the park.

Edited by Galserik

On 6/21/2023 at 2:00 PM, Drahcir7x2 said:

According to Powerpyx, this isn't that bad. You can use the Cheat Rings in NG+. So you can equip the Ring of Timely Evasion to increase the evasion window, so with a little practice, this should not be too hard.

Yeah so it makes the platinum much easier. Honestly, if the rings couldn't be used in NG+, especially on FF mode, I don't think I would've gone for the plat. Also, I like to use the Ring of Timely Focus rather than the autoevade one to get some extra hits in.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Is there any reason to do any of the side stuff in FF mode? If i'm just trying to speedrun it for the trophy and i'm probably gonna use the cheat rings cause I just wanna get done with it, so I really need anything from the sidequests or hunts again?

No - there is not much of a point as you get enough EXP and Ability Points. The remaining AP's can be farmed in the last area of the game which should not take no longer than maybe 30 minutes to an hour, depending on how close you are to finishing each tree. 

1 minute ago, x410xDragon said:

No - there is not much of a point as you get enough EXP and Ability Points. The remaining AP's can be farmed in the last area of the game which should not take no longer than maybe 30 minutes to an hour, depending on how close you are to finishing each tree. 

Cool, thanks!

On 7/2/2023 at 0:38 AM, ThatMuttGuy said:

It's not much harder than action mode, but everything is an HP sponge now. It's pretty tedious. 

Oh man tell me about it, I thought the fight with Benedikta and then the Garuda fight was long in my first run, dam it took like 15 minutes to knock Benedikta health down to half way, I have 3 of the Eikon abilities maxed with the Gotterdamarung and accessories that boost hit damage and it still spongey as heck. 

it's still fun but dam are my fingers getting cramped. xD

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, VaNiDgE said:

Oh man tell me about it, I thought the fight with Benedikta and then the Garuda fight was long in my first run, dam it took like 15 minutes to knock Benedikta health down to half way, I have 3 of the Eikon abilities maxed with the Gotterdamarung and accessories that boost hit damage and it still spongey as heck. 

Same. I fought Titan and Bahamut almost back to back after skipping many cutscenes and my fingers were hurting

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VaNiDgE said:

Yeah, the bosses take forever and even the regular enemies can take a beating + so many mini bosses in every encounter. I'm almost to Bahamut again and I'm just ready for the game to be over so I can get the plat lol. 

First run was amazing, but the cinematic boss fights aren't as fun the second go around. 

• Like 3

Having cleared NG+ @Final Fantasy difficulty, I very much agree that bosses just have too much health. They are not difficult, but it takes forever to beat them. Bonus points if bosses have three health bars. Yes, looking at you, Titan. You can't touch me, but bashing your face in takes 30 minutes or so. Damage sponges are not interesting. Just make the fights challenging, but short once you get the hang of it. Don't artificially prolong a fight when the enemy has no way of winning.

For regular enemies: Just use Zantetsuken level 5, this is instant death to them.

Minibosses/bosses: Use your abilities on cooldown when their stagger gauge is above 33% (can use them until 20% or 10% depending on the enemy), then save the strongest ones for when  the enemy is staggered. That's skills like Gigaflare, Zantetsuken Lv. 5, Diamond Dust, ...

You can use strength potions for more damage when the enemy is staggered. Doesn't make a huge difference, but it's faster. Or bring more healing items if you need them.

• Like 1

VII Remake's NG+ made a lot of sense. 

It had a chapter select, lots of new equipment to find as you ran through it, more Materia variety, and plenty of things to keep it fresh. 

XVI's NG+ is the exact same with tougher enemies and bosses that now go on way too long. 

Those two modes are night and day and XVI's is not worth doing imo. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NotAHero98 said:

VII Remake's NG+ made a lot of sense. 

It had a chapter select, lots of new equipment to find as you ran through it, more Materia variety, and plenty of things to keep it fresh. 

XVI's NG+ is the exact same with tougher enemies and bosses that now go on way too long. 

Those two modes are night and day and XVI's is not worth doing imo. 

I agree with you 100% FF VII remakes combat in NG+ made the game way better for me.

FF XVI combat is pretty tedious in NG+ and you’re pretty much spamming your skills and then have to wait for cooldown to do significant damage. It’s pretty unfortunate but otherwise I had a great time with this game overall 

The Final Fantasy mode is the definition of tedious. It isn't difficult in the slightest but every enemy is such a sponge it takes so long to kill anything. The bosses are insane - I swear one took me 20 minutes of constant spamming. Not fun at all.

For those that have completed NG+, is NG++ a thing?

I'm about to start my Final Fantasy Mode NG+ run soon, and I'm tempted just to mainline the story and skip cutscenes just to get through it so I can enjoy an actually fun NG++ experience on Action Focused.

Edited by BusyFace13

Rather disappointed by the Ultima Weapon, by the time you get it, only the final boss is left and any hunts/quests you have left over. 
Not even many S hunts because you needed those for the materials.

Though I guess it can be used for the Ultimaniac Arcade mode.

On 09/07/2023 at 9:17 PM, Smash41 said:

The Final Fantasy mode is the definition of tedious. It isn't difficult in the slightest but every enemy is such a sponge it takes so long to kill anything. The bosses are insane - I swear one took me 20 minutes of constant spamming. Not fun at all.

Are you using the abilities? Most Battles in NG+ go over much quicker than in NG for me.
Almost all enemies without a stagger bar die to one lv5 Zantetsuken.
And for staggered enemies, throw down a Diamond Dust to get instantly to a 1.5 multiplier, then Zantetsuken, Dancing Blade, Gigaflare, Flames of Rebirth, couple normal hits if not at lv5, Zantetsuken. Usually enough for at least half the health bar. 

I also usually carry Upheaval (and Diamond Dust) for stagger increase and Heatwave as a magic counter. 
Unupgraded Pull of Darkness (Dancing Steel) is enough so that the ability fills to about lv4.6 Zantetsuken with just one enemy, if during the attack you hit multiple lv5. Upgraded it's always lv5, but that's in the end-endgame anyway. 

There are probably better ability setups but this worked pretty well for me throughout FF Mode. 

23 hours ago, Lymus said:

Rather disappointed by the Ultima Weapon, by the time you get it, only the final boss is left and any hunts/quests you have left over. 
Not even many S hunts because you needed those for the materials.

Though I guess it can be used for the Ultimaniac Arcade mode.

It's actually bad for Ultimaniac mode because you want abilities that are weaker for milking more points like Will o' the Wykes and land parries more than Precision moves. Honestly I think these fights dragged on way too long in Final Fantasy mode in certain spots so the idea of making some of these fights take even longer because of flawed scoring system requiring you to drag them out. I personally didn't like it at all but others might.

On 28/06/2023 at 6:23 AM, TIReckoningIT said:

You can literally rush through the game in like 10hrs +- if u skip cutscenes. the base game is easy as pie so far and you get cheat accesoires that play the game for you. Idk why people need a reason to complain with any game. Just don't do it if thats too much to ask for. The game is hella enjoyable I'm glad we have a hard mode which makes me replay this masterpiece

Do those cheat rings apply to the Eikon battles?

On 27/06/2023 at 4:23 PM, TIReckoningIT said:

You can literally rush through the game in like 10hrs +- if u skip cutscenes. the base game is easy as pie so far and you get cheat accesoires that play the game for you. Idk why people need a reason to complain with any game. Just don't do it if thats too much to ask for. The game is hella enjoyable I'm glad we have a hard mode which makes me replay this masterpiece

I'm 81% through first playthrough according to the home screen. This is exactly what I'm going to do for FF playthrough - Rings and fly through

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Saugeen-Uwo said:

I'm 81% through first playthrough according to the home screen. This is exactly what I'm going to do for FF playthrough - Rings and fly through

It definitely slows down towards the end, I remember getting to around the 50% thinking "wow I am only like 15 hours in that's crazy"

Side note, the side quests really do get a LOT better at the end of the game basically.

7 hours ago, Derezzed_Gamer said:

It definitely slows down towards the end, I remember getting to around the 50% thinking "wow I am only like 15 hours in that's crazy"

Side note, the side quests really do get a LOT better at the end of the game basically.

Just finished basically everything- have 3 chrono trials left and then beat the game. Then FF mode. Loved every minute of my first playthrough

• Like 1

On 17.7.2023 at 2:24 PM, Eraezr said:

Do those cheat rings apply to the Eikon battles?

Probably, I never tried them because well they ruin the fun for me. Also like there a such strong accessoires you wont be able to use because of those cheat rings, especially upgraded versions in FF mode. beat the whole game in FF mode at this point even clearing the monster hunt without a single death. Dont know why they are even a thing to begin with if I'm honest