Final Fantasy Mode

Alayaes

I think with the Souls games creating a hard experience that fans have really enjoyed, all this is, is Square Enix trying to make their games a bit harder so that those that enjoyed the souls rpg's can also enjoy a difficult Final Fantasy experience.  A lot of the Final Fantasies from the past, in fact I would say all of them from 1 to 10 were easy.  You simply could over level and even if you didn't, if you had base knowledge of FF games you could win even when you were underpowered. 

That's my take, I could be wrong, yet it seems like a self created problem with so many gamers loving RPG's, Souls games really becoming popular over the past what decade?  If Square wants to make there games a bit harder, I say its fair.  Plat it or not, that's up to each of you.

• Like 3

Not great for me. I like to plat my games straight through, and there are few, if any, games worth playing through 20+ additional hours immediately after finishing. I know I don't have to, but it's my preferred gaming style, and that makes this disappointing. Also, I'm among those who did not find FF7R a fun, or even interesting challenge in hard mode, so I have little faith that Squenix will get this right.

Isn't the combat director one of the Devil May Cry 5 directors as well? That game you need to play 4 or 5 times to get all the difficulties and trophies unlocked. If the game play is fun enough and with NG+ adding additional elements, or even just being more challenging, then a second play through shouldn't be seen as something bad but a test of skill at the game. 

4 hours ago, Drahcir7x2 said:

According to Powerpyx, this isn't that bad. You can use the Cheat Rings in NG+. So you can equip the Ring of Timely Evasion to increase the evasion window, so with a little practice, this should not be too hard.

Plus you can just focus on the main story and not worry about much else.

For the other players that are complaining: Why are you here on this website or trophy site if you're complaining about NG+ gameplay? If you hate to play the game on NG+ just move on. Nobody is trying to force you or stopping you from moving away from this kind of trophy. This shows what kind of gamer are you. Shhh!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Bunkerbudy said:

You guys do know that you dont have to replay the game right? If its not fun or worth your time, you might maby... not do it? :P

I won’t be. I’d rather just enjoy the game the first time around and be done with it. Maybe if they added more trophies for NG+ I’d be more inclined to do it. 

26 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Where did I say I wouldn't play the game?

I said I wouldn't go for the plat (which, knowing my dumb ass, might not end up being true if I end up quite enjoying the game and you really can run through ng+ in 15ish hours- but I can assure you of this, I will hate every second of that ng+ grind). I hate redoing things. I've done it before for the plat in some games and I'll do it again unfortunately. But even in a game I absolutely adore, I will loathe that part of my time. It's work, it's a chore. I'm aware I don't have to do it. But sometimes the mental illness of wanting that platinum compels me.

Trophies don't define the experience of a game for me, but they are a factor. They are just another component of the game like the mechanics, the performance, etc, that all come together to complete the product.

I don't play or not play game solely based on trophies or anything- but look, if I can't express my derision at a particular trophy in a game, here on this trophy website... then tell me, where can I?

Of course you're entitled to express your opinion of your disdain for NG+ trophies. I think you came off as a bit unfair to the game when you said that you barely have the energy to play it even through once. 

At that point, why play the game at all? I get trophy hunting, believe me I do! I guess this one trophy doesn't strike me as that big of an issue due to it being kind of par for the course in JRPG trophy lists, especially Squeenix ones. Plus, there are alterations to gameplay which I and others in this thread think merit another run through the game.

I do also want to clarify I am not trying to argue with you and I apologize if it comes off that way ?

• Like 2

On 2023. 06. 21. at 2:37 PM, enaysoft said:

I think since the FF7 remake, Squaresoft needs to stop with the "Hard" / NG+ modes.

Like, maybe they are cool on short games like Resident Evil, but a NewGame+ on Role Playing games.

Infact every game needs to stop with them, games are already a bit too long these days as it is, and usually inflated by pointless grind rather than great content, NG+ is making that problem even worse.

Having to play FF7 remake again on Hard mode sucked. Especially since it was mostly frustrating rather than being fun kind of hard.

Fuck no! We need more difficulty mode unlockables like the old games! The more the better!

Also FF7 on hard was super good you could even no damage the bosses if you were good

On 2023. 06. 21. at 2:28 PM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Welp, guess I'm not going for the plat. Ng+ trophies are the worst. I'm sorry but I don't want to play any game more than once. I barely have the patience for it the first time through.

A one and doner? You don't even want to play videogames just go read books or sport 

3 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Where did I say I wouldn't play the game?

I said I wouldn't go for the plat (which, knowing my dumb ass, might not end up being true if I end up quite enjoying the game and you really can run through ng+ in 15ish hours- but I can assure you of this, I will hate every second of that ng+ grind). I hate redoing things. I've done it before for the plat in some games and I'll do it again unfortunately. But even in a game I absolutely adore, I will loathe that part of my time. It's work, it's a chore. I'm aware I don't have to do it. But sometimes the mental illness of wanting that platinum compels me.

Trophies don't define the experience of a game for me, but they are a factor. They are just another component of the game like the mechanics, the performance, etc, that all come together to complete the product.

I don't play or not play game solely based on trophies or anything- but look, if I can't express my derision at a particular trophy in a game, here on this trophy website... then tell me, where can I?

Fair argument, i feel the same for most part, replaying a game on a higher difficulty ain't very fun most of the time, specially with a long or story driven game, some games add new enemy placements or enemies and what not, like Nioh or Dmc, making it fun to play again, but i doubt this game does it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Derezzed_Gamer said:

Of course you're entitled to express your opinion of your disdain for NG+ trophies. I think you came off as a bit unfair to the game when you said that you barely have the energy to play it even through once. 

At that point, why play the game at all? I get trophy hunting, believe me I do! I guess this one trophy doesn't strike me as that big of an issue due to it being kind of par for the course in JRPG trophy lists, especially Squeenix ones. Plus, there are alterations to gameplay which I and others in this thread think merit another run through the game.

I do also want to clarify I am not trying to argue with you and I apologize if it comes off that way 1f62d.png

2 hours ago, De_Band said:

Fair argument, i feel the same for most part, replaying a game on a higher difficulty ain't very fun most of the time, specially with a long or story driven game, some games add new enemy placements or enemies and what not, like Nioh or Dmc, making it fun to play again, but i doubt this game does it.

And also, to be clear I'm not shitting on you or anyone who enjoys replaying games or ng+ or the like, it's not for me, it can be for you. I just find it annoying when it's tied to a trophy. Because I'd wager most of the kind of people who will happily partake in ng+ will do so regardless of there being a trophy tied to it anyway. I mean, hell, there's even the middle ground where they could put a ng+ trophy in a dlc slot (I don't love that either of course, but it's better than being part of the plat at least).

Initially when I saw this I was expecting you to have to replay an entire 50+ hour RPG which would be insane to me personally. Reading it can be completed much, much quicker is heartening even though it's still kind of a drag.

5 hours ago, ZombiJoel_Tlou3 said:

A one and doner? You don't even want to play videogames just go read books or sport 

I mean, you may not be wrong lmao, but ain't reading no books and I ain't going outside so I'm stuck with videogames it would seem ;) 

• Like 2

I think having a new game + trophy is quite fine even in the main trophy list. The one thing I think we need to remember this is only for completing the mode not doing every single thing in it again. 

And in times to completion based even for RPGs there is much more ridiculous standards this game could be then running through story again quickly. Like ESO, Diablo 2, and Star Ocean The Last Hope which all have some ridiculous endgame repeating grinds.

• Like 1

I made myself finish Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (PS2) at least seven times because I lived in a country where all retail copies of PS2 games were $99 and PS3 was $1000 itself (too broke to get either).

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

Hold a minute. There's people that thought FF7R's hard mode was hard? You're replaying the game on max level, it's just as easy as the first time around, if not easier in some sections.

I think that the removal of items and no MP recovery at benches makes certain fights a bit more tough, for sure, but I ultimately agree with you.

I really appreciate the hard mode in FF7R because it makes you have to pay more attention to Materia a lot more, and configuring your team to have the best loadout possible. It's a fun challenge, personally!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

Hold a minute. There's people that thought FF7R's hard mode was hard? You're replaying the game on max level, it's just as easy as the first time around, if not easier in some sections.

You're not max level, the cap gets raised from 50 to 100 and you spend most of it underleveled.

• Like 1

You can literally rush through the game in like 10hrs +- if u skip cutscenes. the base game is easy as pie so far and you get cheat accesoires that play the game for you. Idk why people need a reason to complain with any game. Just don't do it if thats too much to ask for. The game is hella enjoyable I'm glad we have a hard mode which makes me replay this masterpiece

• Like 2