Platinum in under 1 hour - Text & Video Guide

16 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Thanks for the update.

So if I was to say to others, "just keep checking your map every night until a orange event icon appears where the vending machine is, then head over and grab it", that would pretty much cover it??

Yeah, I would include that It seems like there is a set structure to the nights every time a new game is started, so its a bit different on each playthrough. Reloading nights don't change event placements in my experience. I know you said the vending machine pops up on night 9 every time you tried, but obviously there has to be some sort of set path the game chooses for you that determines which nights have what events upon starting the game since reloading saves/from main menu does not change events for that night. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, psycho_clank314 said:

Yeah, I would include that It seems like there is a set structure to the nights every time a new game is started, so its a bit different on each playthrough. Reloading nights don't change event placements in my experience. I know you said the vending machine pops up on night 9 every time you tried, but obviously there has to be some sort of set path the game chooses for you that determines which nights have what events upon starting the game since reloading saves/from main menu does not change events for that night. 

Thanks, i'll add the extra Vending Machine details ;)

I don't wanna mention anything in regards to why events happen now or later as it maybe the reason you say, or could be other reasons. For example, if you walked a little bit further right or left than me at ANY point, or went off my route slightly, you could have triggered events you were not aware off because some events just require something to come into view in the background, then it triggers automatically. In doing so, triggering an event which I don't could possibly lead to the vending machine being closed.

There are so many events that appear and a lot of variables that I dont have the time or patience to fully understand and test everything, all I know is this route i've provides more or less works if you follow me exactly.

And I hope its sufficient enough ;)

• Like 1

One trophy. I missed the platinum by one trophy, Omnivore. Now I’ve got to run through the game just to find one food item that I missed. Yeah, it’s only an hour long, but it’s still aggravating as hell. Gonna step away from it for a bit then come back to knock it out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jobe13 said:

One trophy. I missed the platinum by one trophy, Omnivore. Now I’ve got to run through the game just to find one food item that I missed. Yeah, it’s only an hour long, but it’s still aggravating as hell. Gonna step away from it for a bit then come back to knock it out.

What do you think it was, did you do the vending machine tinned food? You have to be careful as its easy to move on before the Cubs start eating something and u may not realise

Edited by Optinooby

On 7/7/2023 at 10:11 AM, Optinooby said:

What that popped the trophy?? From my experience, other Tinned Food doesn't count.........

Due to my weird experience with the Tinned Food, I deliberately left it till last on a Test Plat Run. I then got the Tinned Food just to the left of where you take the Badger Cub back to the Badger earlier, no trophy. So I then restarted, but this time tried the Tinned Food at the Vending Machine and it popped then.

So may take away was that other Tinned Food doesn't count, or maybe a glitch, but the Vending Machine tinned food works. 

But if you managed to pop it on a completely different Tinned Food, then please let me know and I will mention it in the guide.

It's possible only that specific Tinned Food near the Badger Cub rescue doesn't work, or it was just coincidence and I was hit with a bad glitch......

I almost bought the Xbox version so I can check if the Achievement tracker works for the trophy, then I can see EXACTLY what counts properly, but the game is a little too expensive for what it is. Definitely would never have played this if it hadn't come to Plus

I did pop it on a completely different tinned food. I will probably run through it again today and see if it pops again. Either way I am always looking forward to your guides, maybe I got a weird glitch.

33 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I did pop it on a completely different tinned food. I will probably run through it again today and see if it pops again. Either way I am always looking forward to your guides, maybe I got a weird glitch.

Thanks for the info, dont spose you recall where the tinned food was in question ??

It's make more sense that the Tinned Food near the Badger Cub rescue is bugged as opposed to the Vending Machine being the only tinned food that counts.

Though can't hurt to have extra info ;)

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

What do you think it was, did you do the vending machine tinned food? 

No, I was absolutely sure to get the correct vending machine food. It was one of the later ones. I know which one but can’t recall the name right off hand. But I’ve been a big fan of your guides for awhile now. Your video on how to get lvl 75 in an hour for Dragon’s Dogma is how I found you. Been following and using your guides ever since.

• Like 1

On 08/07/2023 at 7:55 PM, jobe13 said:

No, I was absolutely sure to get the correct vending machine food. It was one of the later ones. I know which one but can’t recall the name right off hand. But I’ve been a big fan of your guides for awhile now. Your video on how to get lvl 75 in an hour for Dragon’s Dogma is how I found you. Been following and using your guides ever since.

Sure you missed one? As I've been following his guide for the foods and it didn't pop for me when I got to the sewers expecting the final bit of grub!

Edit: So I thought on the off chance I had made a mistake or something didn't register, I would redo the day again. Went to the sewers and got the worm again during the last cub skill, and it popped haha. No idea what went wrong the first time as I watched him eat it whilst vexing that it hadn't popped ?

Edited by ScintillaWolf
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

Sure you missed one? As I've been following his guide for the foods and it didn't pop for me when I got to the sewers expecting the final bit of grub!

Edit: So I thought on the off chance I had made a mistake or something didn't register, I would redo the day again. Went to the sewers and got the worm again during the last cub skill, and it popped haha. No idea what went wrong the first time as I watched him eat it whilst vexing that it hadn't popped 1f602.png

Perhaps the Egg wasn't eaten properly as that was not long before.

I guess maybe foods just glitch sometimes could also be a possibility

On 7/9/2023 at 3:31 PM, ScintillaWolf said:Edit: So I thought on the off chance I had made a mistake or something didn't register, I would redo the day again. Went to the sewers and got the worm again during the last cub skill, and it popped haha. No idea what went wrong the first time as I watched him eat it whilst vexing that it hadn't popped 1f602.png

Turns out this was exactly the same thing that happened to me. I saw the cub eat the worm, saw the worm icon at the bottom of the screen, all of that and it still didn’t pop until I ran back through it. I was beginning to get worried because I was sure I had gotten everything before and was worried it might glitch again.

• Like 1

Thanks for the great guide - absolutely perfect, got all the trophies with this. 

Also thoroughly enjoyed the game. A bit depressing perhaps but I’d never even heard of it before it came on ps plus, decided to give it a go on a whim but actually really liked it

• Like 1

Your guides are always phenomenal Optinooby. No matter what the game is, or how easy or difficult, you always find a way to break it down in such a way that trivializes the hard work for the rest of us. I used your guide for Endling earlier this week and it was excellent. Thanks man!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ConuGeo said:

i have a problem Omnivore trophies, not pop. I eat all 17 food and nothing . Suggestion? ps5 version

It done.I don't know how it appeared, but after eat all food, i eat random anything and trophies pop.It's clearly bug for some.

I play 3 times for this trophy.

Edited by ConuGeo
  • Like 1