FREE PLAT get it while the update broke the game!

TheRetroManiac

5 minutes ago, DirectorsCuts said:

Same here! I don't mind the adds and the thanks messages but do I really need to be added to a dozen parties? ?

Atleast you got the thank you messages, I didn't even get a thank you from the players I help earlier?? most of them just want the platinum, they probably won't be rmb such game ever existed by nxt week

3 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

PSN rarity was 0.1% and PSNP rarity was about 1.7% when this started (NA stack), now they're 0.3% and 3.21% respectively... I'm curious how high the percentages will climb before stabilizing again.

Even if this was unintentional by the devs, I wonder if they'll leave it in place because it's attracting lots of players to the game. Yes the vast majority will leave after popping the plat, but the devs can spin the resurgence to their favor in selling their next project to a publisher. "See how successful our last game was? It kept attracting thousands of new players years after launch!"

Established publishers would probably see through that, but if they were trying to entice a newcomer publisher who may not know much about the gaming industry (Netflix?), it might work.

While I love a free platinum, I would also love my UR plats to stay UR as long as possible being an UR plats collector myself, I did eventually unlocked the NA stack legitimately back in 2022, always ponder when to do the EU stack nxt, woke up today to found about this bug from the developers, judging by the way you mentioned it, it might be intentional frm the devs to attract a huge player base? I bet nobody will rmb this game by nxt week, most are only interested in the free plat in this forum

1 minute ago, iAmSirogabober said:

who can send invite to game? ))

MISTER GORBACHEV, TEAR DOWN THIS THREAD

on the unrelated note, people who don't leave drive me up the wall, I have to restart the game every 3rd person or what, like I'm afk, sitting under a palm tree, there's nothing to see here :D

Just now, iAmSirogabober said:

Server full, i try 30 min 

Keep trying, you will eventually able to join one, the server are on a high now due to this bug, the developers will be pleased

1 minute ago, czDante92 said:

on the unrelated note, people who don't leave drive me up the wall, I have to restart the game every 3rd person or what, like I'm afk, sitting under a palm tree, there's nothing to see here :D

They wanna build something with you too just like what happened to me when I hosted an session earlier, got one guy even steal my food when I was staying hydrated to keep the session alive??

5 minutes ago, czDante92 said:

Seems like these are people that play the game legitimately. Honestly feel bad for someone trying to play the game legit during this. No chance they find someone who actually wants to play.

6 minutes ago, iAmSirogabober said:

Server full, i try 30 min 

Keep trying. 

36 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Thank you, because I will close this thread if people don't get the hint. 

This is not a boosting thread. Check the OP or other posts on how to get this easily. 

Again, I'm fine if people want to post when and who's hosting, but stop asking for invites, good grief. This is not that hard to do...

I tried just some people do not want to listen or bother to read the opening post which would save all this begging for invites. They want a free platinum and want it the fastest way possible by turning the thread into a boosting thread, when you have said a few times now and few others have. It's not hard guys plenty of people are hosting lobbies TBH you do not even have to ask just search for them and get lucky it might take you 5 minutes or an hour you should at least want to put that effort in as you are getting it for doing nothing after all.

• Like 3

I'm hoping this might help someone having trouble connecting.

When you're in the online player list try to locate someone that you know from here that is hosting. They seem to come up more frequently with the (Busy) before their name. When you see them highlight their name and wait for the (Busy) to disappear. As soon as it does press X and connect. Not sure if it will work for everyone else but it did for me.

• Like 1

Hopefully this gets patched. I don't really see a difference between doing this or any of the 5 minute platinums. It's a mark on your profile either way (whether of shame or accomplishment is up to you to decide). Can't imagine people getting any enjoyment out of doing this, but to each their own, I suppose.

• Like 1

Just now, Letenko said:

Hopefully this gets patched. I don't really see a difference between doing this or any of the 5 minute platinums. It's a mark on your profile either way (whether of shame or accomplishment is up to you to decide). Can't imagine people getting any enjoyment out of doing this, but to each their own, I suppose.

imo this is fine just as trophybait shovelware was fine - when it was just Mayo and ocassional Ratalaika game
but if there was glitched game every week or so, then it would become a problem for the trophy community

9 minutes ago, Letenko said:

While I agree if you have a pristine profile, I think most people already have a mark or two on theirs. I know personally my profile was marred in 2009 when I rented X-Blades from Gamefly, what's one more. I certainly don't think it takes away from any of the other legitimate platinums earned on a profile.

• Like 1

Just now, Aeroglyphics said:

While I agree if you have a pristine profile, I think most people already have a mark or two on theirs. I know personally my profile was marred in 2009 when I rented X-Blades from Gamefly, what's one more. I certainly don't think it takes away from any of the other legitimate platinums earned on a profile.

It certainly doesn't take away anything you would have done on your profile before. However it does de-value the overall profile. Not saying I am the grand trophy authority over here and my view of somebody should be their driving force behind trophy hunting, but I automatically perceive a profile with a platinum/s gained in more seconds (whether by the design of the game, using the Dev menu, or doing something like this) as lesser.

I think mentioned this in other threads but, even as somebody who doesn't care about the PSNP leaderboards, I respected the people on top a lot more before things like this were a possibility. I'm steering a bit off topic here and getting into a rant about trophy bait games, so I'll steer back. I don't want to derail the thread too much.

28 minutes ago, Letenko said:

I respect your opinion on this. It's just nowadays, with the way games are being released half-cooked, half-baked, server issues, server shutdowns in 6 months, a year or so, and without warning server shutdowns I welcome the devs mistake of them giving us this free platinum. Get it while the irons hot!! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NelMaNo said:

I'll be hosting again (NelMaNo) for the next few hours in EU.  

Thanks to you I got this early this morning, it was quite funny watching you spin around while they popped :D

Now I can actually just go ahead and play the game for fun.

Edited by Anke
  • Like 1

Im hosting a lobby right now but now im sceptical since i read here that people if you autopopped the trophies and try to host it wont work but i had people that came to my lobby and got the plat no issues. 

Either way im gonna try to help now :D 

(If its wrong posting here that i am hosting please let me know and i will not do that again)

(EDIT: gonna be hosting for 30 mins more then im done for today)

(EDIT 2: Not hosting anymore today, sry :( )

Edited by lzlTannoki
Not hosting anymore today

16 minutes ago, lzlTannoki said:

Im hosting a lobby right now but now im sceptical since i read here that people if you autopopped the trophies and try to host it wont work but i had people that came to my lobby and got the plat no issues. 

Either way im gonna try to help now :D 

(If its wrong posting here that i am hosting please let me know and i will not do that again)

I autopopped it and later got a thank you message for hosting the platinum trophy so it definitely works at least sometimes

59 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

I respect your opinion on this. It's just nowadays, with the way games are being released half-cooked, half-baked, server issues, server shutdowns in 6 months, a year or so, and without warning server shutdowns I welcome the devs mistake of them giving us this free platinum. Get it while the irons hot!! 

I don't think other games being released in a shit state, or having some questionable practices, including shutdowns and broken servers in itself justifies using a presumed developer mistake to get a free platinum. Especially when there is no corrolation between other broken games and this one. Someone stealing my apples, shouldn't be an automatic justification for me to scratch another person's car.

What should justify it, is your own "moral" code and whether unlocking it this way is something you're confortable with. Most people in this thread are clearly more than happy to utilize it in order to increase their platinum count, so there's nothing to be done there.

Edited by Letenko
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, whitee_1992 said:

Hosting. Auto Server region. WIll turn off for the night in about 90 mins or so.

Auto (automatic) is just whatever server matches your PSN account's country chosen upon creation. I see yours is in the United Kingdom so really you're just hosting from the European in-game region.

Mine is set to Australia (as that's where I'm at, of course) so when I select auto it's no different to choosing the Australian region in-game.

• Like 1