Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 starts May 1st!

Wait, how does local timezones make it unfair?

It would provide equal playtime for each party involved just means starting and finishing is different for each person nothing more as it doesn't affect total playtime and the spread out times can also be less taxing as it won't be check all scores at once but spread out over roughly a two day timeframe, I noticed this little flaw if you will about a day or two ago checking a friend's trophy list but it wasn't hard figuring out the actual time they earned it.

Besides if you're using GMT+00 you'd need to actually pick a time that provides a fair playing field for everyone.

How can someone cheat if they provide a set timezone and a first trophy, they'd be stuck with as it'd cement a set timeframe?

Also changing your own timezone on here to do a quick verification isn't that hard and again it was just a suggestion.

GMT 0 is a good time since it's in the middle for everyone. 

They can cheat if they name a trophy before the fixture started, if they earned several trophies just before the start they could cheat and say they earned them on time.

Precision would have to double check that and that takes more time and effort than nessecary making it even more complicated than it needs to be.

The easiest thing is just to know how your Timezone compares to GMT.  That way Precision (the only one really doing any work) doesn't have to do anything extra.  Everybody gets the same amount of play time, you just have to realize that your time might start/end at a (seemingly) strange time. 

For example: For me and everybody else in Texas, our first fixture actually began at 7pm on April 9th. 

But basically, as long as we make a decision and it's consistent it'll all work out.

See, exactly, that's it.

6 PM you say? Damn I thought it was 7 PM. What about DST? 

Edited by MrCostari

It's 11:19am here right now.  I'm at GMT -5 and the interwebz tells me it's 4:20pm GMT right now.  So US/central (America/Chicaco) is still -5

we're currently in DST for those (not many I'm guessing) who care.

Edited by Hemiak

RIGHT EVERYONE! I now have concluded the fixture results on GMT. There are 2 Fixtures that are VERY close and could have been affected by this issue. If you are affected by this i can only apoligise, however it will give you an advantage/disadvantage in your next fixture depending on your zone. It sucks if you have been conned out of a victory but this idea was initially a Beta and something wrong was bound to happen at some point. Im hoping that this will be the first and last time this happens. There is also to be an update on how promotions and relagations are going to work at the end of this season to compensate for the competitions popularity.

Again Sorry to 2 of the 4 people i may have pissed off a little this first fixture, it won't happen again and to be perfectly clear. Fixtures are GMT. you should know where you stand timewise. EST starts and finishes at 7pm the evening before the fixture date. Gah, you should be able to work out the rest. 

It's 11:19am here right now.  I'm at GMT -5 and the interwebz tells me it's 4:20pm GMT right now.  So US/central (America/Chicaco) is still -5

we're currently in DST for those (not many I'm guessing) who care.

This poses an incredibly big point! America's DST changes later than the UK, UK time right now is 17:31

• Like 1

This poses an incredibly big point! America's DST changes later than the UK, UK time right now is 17:31

I think we change before you. We changed back in March, and were GMT -5. Now it looks as though UK has changed to DST because we are back to GMT - 6.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

Heres an idea to clear it up for everyone, if you see above my post, it will say what time i posted it. I will post the fixtures about 5 mins before start and i will mention something along the lines of Approx 5 mins till start. If i happen to post early, ill write something like approx 3 hours till start :) 

• Like 2

I noticed one typo that will affect the standings in Bronze League. Grindcore beat me by 23, not 13.

Also, I see it is being sorted by points spread, and not total points. Wouldn't it be better to do it by total points? Since we can't control anyone's trophies but our own, is it really Person A's fault if they win 114-98 as opposed to Person B, who wins 80-30? Person A still got more points than Person B in the same amount of time, even though their margin of victory may not have been as great.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

I was gone for 3 days and got to play my vita for a bit and when i came home(14th) i found a copy of my favorite fighting game in the mailbox so got it just in time.. Anyway wp to you 2 Vacio_Luna you earned some nice trophies

Precision just a small thing TJ-Yoshi is 2 times in the bronze league. besides that good job..

cheers guys, was rushed a little to try have it out quickly, Shogun you make a brilliant point, i will do it on total points first, then on SD and will update the error :)

No worries, man. It's difficult to keep all of that stuff in order. Good job on it. I just wanted to be honest. :)

Edited by ShogunCroCop

ShadowKakuza has scored 0 points, someone else could have participated instead...

i think that if he doesn't participate again someone else should be able to take his place (with his 0 points but thats just something you must take)

It's tough scoring the second highest in the bronze league and still losing, but c'est la vie. Grindcore was a fun opponent, and he got a well-earned victory.

Good news for Yoshi, I am grinding the Arkham Asylum challenges in an effort to get the Perfect Knight trophy (and hopefully the plat as well). In between that, I'll also be grinding the GoW 3 challenges, and doing some Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag from my backlog. So I am not looking at getting a lot of trophies.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

I think ShadowYakuza was without a Console for fixture set 1 but should have it back you now so should be putting some time into getting some trophies :D

It was quite a tough fixture for you Shogun im sure that you were up against one of the more consistent in your league :D

P.S i have updated the leagues with the scoring being done on Total points rather then score difference and all the faults have been corrected. Thanks for pointing them out guys.

• Like 1